Preparing for Google’s Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam? Read the following guide that will help you in your preparation of the certification.
The average annual budget for cloud expenditures by organizations was around $10 million in 2021. The facility of flexible access to data is one of the primary drivers of cloud adoption. However, security is always a formidable concern in Cloud Computing. Almost 21% of files on the cloud involve sensitive data, and every organization faces around 12 major threats each year. So, the emphasis of the cloud professionals on cloud Security Certification is reasonable.
Aspired to get a Google Cloud certification to take your career one level up? Check out Google Cloud Certification Training Courses.
Furthermore, the predictions regarding the total value of the global cloud computing market, the cloud spending will grow from 445.3 billion in 2021, to a whopping $947.3 billion by 2026. On the contrary, almost two-thirds of organizations are apprehensive of cloud adoption due to security challenges. Also, around 75% of IT experts state that data protection and privacy management in cloud environments is more complex than on-premises. With Google Cloud Platform slowly gaining momentum in the cloud services market with new offerings, the need for security professionals is evident.
Therefore, a Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification can help you pursue a favorable career with Google Cloud Platform. The following discussion would present a detailed guide on Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation. Readers can use this discussion to find the best practices to qualify the Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam.
Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification
The Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer is an individual responsible for helping organizations in the design and implementation of highly-secure infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The GCP professional cloud security engineer uses in-depth knowledge of best practices for security and a detailed impression of industry security requirements.
The professional cloud security engineer leverages their knowledge for designing, development, and management of infrastructure with Google security technologies. The GCP cloud security engineer certification exam helps in validating the proficiency of an individual in various skills. The skills and knowledge areas include identity and access management and leveraging Google security technologies for providing data protection.
The certification exam would also test the abilities of candidates in the configuration of network security measures alongside the collection and analysis of GCP logs. Furthermore, the role of a professional cloud security engineer also involves the management of incident responses and a broader understanding of regulatory precedents.
Is the Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification for you?
One of the first things before starting with the Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation is knowing if this certification is intended for you. The ideal audience for the GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification includes the following individuals:
- Cloud Information Security Analysts
- Cloud Information Security Architects
- Cloud Information Security Engineers
- Cybersecurity or Information Security Specialists
- Cloud Infrastructure Architects
- Cloud Application Developers
Why should you opt for a Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification?
Candidates should also be familiar with reasons to go for a Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification. The primary reasons to pursue the GCP Cloud Security Engineer Certification are:
- GCP Certification could improve the resume of a candidate and bring in promising job offers.
- GCP Certification provides global recognition and access to a wider professional network in the cloud security niche.
- Google Cloud Security Certification could serve as a symbol of your constant dedication to learning and drive for professional development.
- Furthermore, a GCP Security Certification also showcases the comprehensive knowledge of candidates in GCP security technologies, products, and services.
Also Read: Introduction to Google Cloud Certifications
Google Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam Details
Candidates can attend the Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam at the test centers allocated by Google all over the world. However, candidates should focus on the exam details as their first course of action to prepare for the GCP cloud security engineer certification. The following table outlines major information regarding the certification exam under concern in this concern.
Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Exam Information
|Certification Name||Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification|
|Exam Format||Multiple-choice and multiple select questions|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Exam Fee||$200 (plus applicable taxes)|
Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Objectives
The exam objectives are the major theme of every productive Google Cloud certified professional cloud security engineer study guide. A closer look at different exam objectives could help candidates anticipate the type of questions in the certification exam. Furthermore, candidates could have better Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation with a detailed overview of exam objectives. How? Rather than covering every topic related to GCP cloud security, candidates should follow a specific approach towards their preparation. Here are the abilities that the GCP Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam will put to the test.
- Configuration of access within a cloud solution environment.
- Configuration of network security.
- Ensuring data protection.
- Management of operations in a cloud solution environment.
- Ensuring compliance.
The following table would provide a detailed impression of subtopics in each domain of the certification exam. Let us find the important pillars of the Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification in the following table.
Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certificate Exam Blueprint
|Configuration of access within a cloud solution environment||
|Configuration of network security||
|Ensuring data protection||
|Management of operations in a cloud solution environment||
Also Read: Top Reasons to Choose Google Cloud Hosting
How do I prepare for the Google Cloud Security Certification?
Following this is the detailed guide for Google Cloud Security Engineer Certification Preparation:
Every candidate should follow Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation best practices to qualify the exam in the first attempt. The facility of insights from the experience of various subject matter experts and certified professionals make your preparation easier. Furthermore, the assurance of many aspiring candidates being successful in the GCP certification exams by following these steps adds credibility. So, here are the steps that would be an answer to the multiple times asked question of ‘How do I become a Google security engineer?’
1. Study the exam objectives
Exam objectives are always a priority for candidates aspiring to succeed in GCP certification exams. A detailed Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Study Guide would outline the exam objectives thoroughly with substantial accuracy. A study guide would help candidates find out the subtopics included in all the domains for a GCP certification exam.
Furthermore, the study guide also helps every candidate to find out if their skills align with the exam topics. This is one of the important steps in your preparation for the certification exam as it establishes the foundation. Candidates can prepare a virtual framework in their minds and find out possible interrelated topics in different domains.
2. Train yourself effectively
The next step and the most crucial one for Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation is training. The proven source to help candidates get the appropriate training is Google Cloud Training. The fundamental-level course known as “Security in Google Cloud Platform” is the recommended training alternative for achieving GCP cloud security engineer certification.
The comprehension of the course is a huge support in the Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation.
3. Gain practical experience through Hands-on-Labs
- Candidates should note that the exam would involve questions that test the job-related technical skills of an individual. Candidates could enhance their preparations for the GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam through additional practice and experience with security technologies.
- Whizlabs offers a great source for Hands-on-Labs to test your skills as a professional cloud security engineer. Practice with hands-on labs can help candidates respond instantly to technical skill-based questions with ease.
- Follow through the https://www.whizlabs.com/google-cloud-certified-professional-cloud-security-engineer/ on Whizlabs.
4. Try out the best available learning resources
- Study materials and learning resources play a very important part in ensuring the success of a candidate in professional certification exams. However, the choice of proper and relevant study material is crucial for Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation. Therefore, the recommended best practice for this step directly refers to the Google Cloud Exam Guide.
- The Google Cloud documentation can help you gain access to many relevant whitepapers and learning resources, such as tutorials. Also, candidates could choose the “Google Cloud solutions” resource for gaining additional insights to support their preparations. Candidates should also register for the hands-on labs on “Networking in the Google Cloud” for an additional edge to preparations.
5. Check your preparation level with Practice Tests
- The final yet most productive recommendation in this preparation guide involves practice tests. Practice tests are the integral aspect of Google cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation. Practice tests are proven tools for candidates to know an exam thoroughly before appearing for it. Candidates can develop a sense of time management by practicing mock questions within the stipulated duration of the actual exam.
- As a result, candidates could check the time invested in answering specific questions and subsequently work on improving their performance. Whizlabs’ Practice Tests offer comprehensive and accurate performance reports that can prove helpful for candidates in the evaluation of their preparation level. Also, the detailed explanation for questions in practice tests can help candidates find new and better approaches for solving questions.
Google Cloud Platform promises to be better in the coming years. Let’s explore what’s next the Google Cloud will bring i.e. what are the upcoming Google Cloud Trends!
Expert Tips for the Google Security Engineer Certification Preparation
All the steps mentioned above in the Google cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation guide could take you towards success. However, candidates should also know how to travel the path for preparations which they just discovered. Here are the expert tips that can help every candidate cover all steps of preparing for the certification exam.
- Every candidate should follow the exam guide thoroughly in their preparations. Furthermore, you should also look for any new changes in the exam domains or objectives. Similarly, candidates should also keep a close tab on any updates or changes in the exam format. The key to success always lies in focus, and your focus should solely be the topics in the exam!
- Schedule your exam after thorough preparation and following of a competent online course successfully. Make sure that your exam date does not coincide with any other important dates. Also, choose a test center that is close to you so that you can stay calm and focused on the day of the exam.
- Candidates should remember to take all their identity verifying documents to the test center without fail.
- Participate in Study Groups and Discussion Forums related to the Google Cloud Platform. These places are great for meeting with like-minded professionals and learners, thereby opening roads for new learning opportunities. If possible, find a study partner who can help you stay true to your preparation schedule.
How much does a Google Cloud Security Engineer in India make?
The average Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer salary estimate is one of the prominent reasons for driving interest in GCP Cloud Security Engineer Certification. As per glassdoor.co.in, the higher annual pay scale for a Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer in India is approximately 13 lakhs. Seems very promising and attractive, doesn’t it?
Candidates should also make a note of these FAQs to clarify general doubts related to the GCP certification.
How much does a Cloud Security Engineer make?
As per Glassdoor, a Professional Cloud Security Engineer earns around 13 lakhs annually, in India.
What is the Minimum age to take the certification?
A candidate should be at least 18 years of age to appear for the Google Cloud Certifications.
Does Google offer certifications at different levels?
Google offers certifications at the following three levels:
What is the cost of the Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification Exam?
The Google Cloud Security Engineer Certification cost includes the registration fee of $200, exclusive of the varying applicable taxes.
How is the Certification designed?
The questions for the exam are formed using the Exam Guide, that offers assistance to the candidates preparing for the exam. Though the candidates are advised to study all the topics in the guide,it is not certain that each topic mentioned in the guide will be asked.
What comprises the Exam Guide?
The formal study of Job Task Analysis(JTA) initiates a Google Cloud Certification, wherein a panel of Subject Matter Experts recognise the skills, abilities, knowledge and experience required by an individual to carry out the tasks in a particular job role. Using this, they create a detailed Job Description, that is explained in the Exam Guide and Job Description.
When will I receive the exam result?
A provisional pass or fail notification will get displayed on your test screen, following the submission of your exam. The exam records will then be sent to Google Cloud, which will take around 7-10 days for the result to get confirmed.
What happens next after I pass the exam?
Once you pass the exam, your performance in the exam will be verified, after this a certificate and a digital badge will be issued to you. Every certificate issued contains a sequential number that displays the position of the candidate among the emerging list of Google Cloud Certified Professionals.
What is the validity of the Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification?
All Google Cloud Certifications are valid for a time span of 2 years, unless mentioned explicitly.
Why don’t I get a score on my exam?
GCP certifications evaluate the eligibility of candidates on certain passing standards. Therefore, numerical scores are not included for the exam as they can lead to misinterpretation of a candidate’s potential.
When should I apply for Recertification?
Recertification is the only way to ensure that you are maintaining your skills. So, every certified professional should apply for recertification before the expiry of validity of their certification.
Is there any section-wise feedback on the candidate’s performance in the exam?
These certifications do not wish to make the evaluation of a candidate on the basis of his weaknesses and strengths, and the sections of the exam are broad concept categories.
What is the frequency of exam updates?
GCP certification exam updates can happen anytime, and candidates should always stay informed about any such changes.
Preparing for Google Cloud interview? Check out these Google Cloud interview questions and get ready to ace the interview.
On a concluding note, candidates should approach their Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification preparation with ease. Rushing through the preparation process would only end up leaving you with a lot of loose ends. So, every candidate should always have the necessary commitment and dedication that completes their preparation successfully.
In addition to the recommended training and practice tests mentioned in this discussion, candidates could also opt for additional help. We, at Whizlabs, are dedicated to help the candidates in their certification preparation with our high-quality Google Cloud Certification Training Courses and Practice Tests. Furthermore, candidates should also ensure a balance between their professional commitments and learning schedule to keep unnecessary conflict and stress at bay!
Hope this is helpful in clearing all your doubts regarding the exam, and you are well prepared with the main points on it.
Keep Learning and Growing!
- Exam tips to prepare for Certified Kubernetes Administrator: CKA Exam - November 24, 2022
- Top Hands-On Labs To Prepare For AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification - October 27, 2022
- Why do you need to upskill your teams with the Azure AI fundamentals? - October 11, 2022
- The best employee retention strategy for IT industries – UPSKILLING - September 26, 2022
- 25 Free Question on Snowflake Snowpro Advanced Architect Certification - August 29, 2022
- Microsoft PL-300 exam preparation guide (Power BI Data Analyst) - August 5, 2022
- Why is AWS Dominating the Cloud Computing Market in 2022? - June 22, 2022
- How to prepare for HashiCorp Terraform Associate Certification? - June 16, 2022