Google, and thus the Google Cloud is popularly known for its toughest interview questions. So, in this blog, we’ll cover the top Google Cloud interview questions with detailed answers.
All the job seekers out there in the market can agree with one thing inarguably Google is one of the best places in the world to work. Not only this, but the Internet giant has also secured its name in the top 50 places in the world to work in year after year. It has also subsequently made its way through lists such as Fortune Magazine’s list of the top 100 companies in the world to work for.
Try Now: GOOGLE CLOUD ARCHITECT PRACTICE EXAM
The main reason why Google is liked by job seekers and current employees to such a great extent is the fact that Google has some of the most competitive perks and undoubtedly the best options for career growth in the present market.
Google from the very beginning has developed a philosophy to keep its employees happy all-round the year which they know will, in turn, help them fulfill their main motto, of developing an innovative culture and positively impact the human race at all times.
Most Common Google Cloud Interview Questions
Google also comes on the list of companies with the toughest interview questions. Therefore in this article, we will cover top Google cloud interview questions in depth.
For those, who want to build a career on Google Cloud Platform, here are some best Google cloud interview questions and answers which will surely prove helpful to get better prepared.
1. What is Cloud Computing?
Answer: Being the very basic, this is one of the most common Google cloud interview questions and thus also one of the most frequently asked questions at the Google Cloud Computing interview process. The answer to this question can be summarized as follows.
Cloud computing can be defined as the computational power which completely resides on the cloud at all times. It is one of the latest innovations in the internet saga domain and primarily uses the Internet i.e. the Cloud, as its chosen method of delivery. The cloud computing service is truly global and contains no border or geographical restrictions as such.
Starting from small businesses which need computational support on a regular basis all the way up to large enterprises, almost every company on the planet uses Google Cloud in some way or the other.
More details: https://www.whizlabs.com/blog/cloud-computing/
2. What is the cloud?
Answer: Similar to the above Google cloud interview question, this too is a question aimed at checking the candidate’s basic understanding of cloud computing technology.
To answer this, a candidate can simply state that the cloud is a combination of network, hardware, storage, interface, and storage that combines and delivers cloud computing as a service throughout the globe. The cloud computing platform mainly has 2 stakeholders in the process.
The first one being the end user who is using the cloud service to serve a multitude of purposes and the next is the cloud service provider who is responsible for taking care of the cloud and IT assets of the managing company behind the cloud services.
3. What are the main features of Cloud Services?
Answer: A part of the Google cloud interview questions and answers, the answer to this question can be given in the following manner. Like most other states of the art innovations in the market, Cloud Service and Cloud Computing as a whole also have a multitude of features and advantages associated with it. Mentioned below are the same. The ease to access and manage commercial software from anywhere around the globe.
- All the management activities associated with software can and is centralized easily to a central web service.
- The ability to design and develop web applications which are capable of handling multiple clients from across the globe at the same time.
- Putting an end to the need of downloading software upgrades by centralizing and automating the updating process of all software that is installed on the platform.
4. What and how many types of development models are used in the Cloud?
Answer: This is one of the most common Google cloud engineer interview questions and can be answered in the following manner.
Similar to other complex and latest innovations in the technology industry, the development of cloud computing also calls for the use of a variety of development models. Mentioned is the list of the same.
- Community Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Best Performing AWS Free Tests
|Sl No||Certification||Questions||Rating||Link to the Test|
|1||AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner||55 Practice Questions||4.72 (29235)||Try Now|
|2||AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate||20 Practice Questions||4.72 (93418)||Try Now|
|3||AWS Certified Developer Associate||25 Practice Questions||4.67 (29669)||Try Now|
|4||AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate||20 Practice Questions||4.69 (17143)||Try Now|
|5||AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional||15 Practice Questions||4.71 (20740)||Try Now|
|6||AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional||15 Practice Questions||4.56 (10809)||Try Now|
|7||AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.41 (3894)||Try Now|
|8||AWS Certified Security - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.49 (8650)||Try Now|
|9||AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.58 (972)||Try Now|
|10||AWS Certified Machine Learning - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.81 (3157)||Try Now|
|11||AWS Certified Database - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.67 (1005)||Try Now|
|12||AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty||20 Practice Questions||4.55 (2000)||Try Now|
5. Why do organizations need to manage their workload?
Answer: This question is a part of the Google cloud architect interview questions which are asked to candidates interested to work as Cloud Architects for the internet giant. The answer for the same is as below.
The workload in an organization can be defined as an independent service of its own and having a set of code which needs to be executed. This workload contains everything starting from data-intensive workload all the way up to transaction and storage processing. All this workload doesn’t depend at all on outside elements.
The main reasons as to why organizations should manage their workload are as follows.
- To have an idea about how their applications are running.
- To exactly know what functions are taking place.
- To get an idea about the charges of an individual department in exchange for using these services.
Preparing for an Azure interview? Go through these top Azure interview questions and get ready for the interview.
6. What are the advantages of Cloud Services?
Answer: The main idea behind the creation of the cloud and publishing cloud services to consumers around the world was because of its greatest advantages. Here are some of them:
- The entire infrastructure saves a lot of cost at the consumer’s end since the consumer doesn’t necessarily have to install any kind of infrastructure at their end to use this service.
- It supports the development of both robust and highly scalable applications. Since its arrival, the whole development and scaling process which earlier used to take months can now be done in a matter of days.
- Maintenance and deployment of any application on the platform are super easy and efficient which saves a lot of time in the long run.
7. Share your views on Cloud Computing Revolution.
Answer: Since its inception into the market, cloud computing has created a revolution of sorts in the market. The main idea behind the cloud computing revolution doesn’t lie in the ideology of doing old things a new way, but also to make the entire process cheaper and much more efficient in the long run.
With the advancement of cloud computing every day, new doors are being explored and the future of the IT industry does seem very promising.
8. What can be done using Cloud Computing?
Answer: As Google is a cloud computing platform, Google Cloud interview questions are comprised of the general cloud computing questions. So, while going for a Google cloud interview, you need to prepare yourself with the basic cloud computing knowledge.
The potential of what all can be done using cloud computing is far greater than what most people might assume. The fact that the technology is super speedy, added with the fact that the consumer can just start using it without the need to purchase anything, itself are solid factors which point towards a bright future.
For example, the medical and healthcare industry now uses cloud computing on a regular basis to reach and be in touch with their patients at all times. Thus it can be confidently said that the future holds a plethora of opportunities for cloud computing and its patrons.
Also Read: Top Cloud Computing Trends for 2018
9. How would you save your applications, software, and drivers for a long term without using any magnetic disk?
Answer: With the invention and advancement made in the past few years in the Cloud Computing industry, the need for disks or storage devices has become null and void. These days, any data, be it in any format can be easily stored away for a long period of time, just by uploading it on a cloud computing service.
Once uploaded, the data will remain there forever unless the user wants to make some changes or modifications. Although it is a general question on cloud computing you may find this among Google Cloud interview questions and answers.
10. How does Cloud Computing provide on-demand functionality?
Answer: Cloud computing as a technology was created on the pillars of providing the functionality to all its users on demand, anytime anywhere. With the latest advancements and easy access to applications such as Google Cloud, the idea is much easily realized than earlier.
With applications like Google Cloud, a user can view the files on the cloud on any device at any time of their preference no matter in which part of the world they are in.
11. What is Google Cloud Platform?
Answer: This is one of the most basic Google Cloud Platform interview questions and answers that the interviewer may ask the candidate. The answer to this question can be summarized as below.
Google Cloud Platform is a cloud platform developed by Google, that helps people to access the cloud systems and computing services. GCP offers a large number of services under the compute, database, storage, migration and networking domains of cloud computing.
More Details: https://www.whizlabs.com/blog/google-cloud-platform/
12. What are the various components of the Google Cloud Platform?
Answer: Just like the above question, this is also one of the popular Google Cloud interview questions that you may come across. You can answer it as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is composed of a set of elements that helps people in different ways. The various GCP elements that I know are –
- Google Compute Engine
- Google Cloud Container Engine
- Google Cloud App Engine
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- Google BigQuery Service
- Google Cloud Job Discovery
- Google Cloud Endpoints
- Google Cloud Test Lab
- Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine
13. What are the main advantages of using Google Cloud Platform?
Answer: Google Cloud Platform is a medium that provides its users access to the best cloud services and features. It is gaining popularity among the cloud professionals as well as users for the advantages if offer.
Here are the main advantages of using Google Cloud Platform over others –
- GCP offers much better pricing deals as compared to the other cloud service providers
- Google Cloud servers allow you to work from anywhere to have access to your information and data.
- Considering hosting cloud services, GCP has an overall increased performance and service
- Google Cloud is very fast in providing updates about server and security in a better and more efficient manner
- The security level of Google Cloud Platform is exemplary; the cloud platform and networks are secured and encrypted with various security measures.
If you are going for the Google Cloud interview, you should prepare yourself with enough knowledge of Google Cloud Platform. The advantages of GCP is among frequently asked Google Cloud interview questions, so you need to be prepared to answer it.
14. Why should you opt to Google Cloud Hosting?
Answer: The reason for opting Google Cloud Hosting is the advantages it offers. Here are the advantages of choosing Google Cloud Hosting:
- Availability of better pricing plans
- Benefits of live migration of the machines
- Enhanced performance and execution
- Commitment to Constant development and expansion
- The private network provides efficiency and maximum time
- Strong control and security of the cloud platform
- Inbuilt redundant backups ensure data integrity and reliability
The interviewer may ask this question to check your knowledge and explanation skills about Google Cloud. This type of questions are basically categorized under the Google Cloud consultant interview questions and may be asked in the Google Cloud interview.
15. What are the libraries and tools for cloud storage on GCP?
Answer: At the core level, XML API and JSON API are there for the cloud storage on Google Cloud Platform. But along with these, there are following options provided by Google to interact with the cloud storage.
- Google Cloud Platform Console, which performs basic operations on objects and buckets
- Cloud Storage Client Libraries, which provide programming support for various languages including Java, Ruby, and Python
- GustilCommand-line Tool, which provides a command line interface for the cloud storage
There are many third party libraries and tools such as Boto Library. This is the technical question that you may come across if you are going for the Google Cloud Engineer interview. You need to prepare yourself with the basic knowledge of GCP tools and libraries.
16. What do you know about Google Compute Engine?
Answer: Google Cloud Engine is the basic component of the Google Cloud Platform. So, it becomes a common question that lies under the Google Cloud Engineer interview questions as well as Google Cloud Architect interview questions.
Google Compute Engine is an IaaS product that offers self-managed and flexible virtual machines that are hosted on the infrastructure of Google. It includes Windows and Linux based virtual machines that may run on local, KVM, and durable storage options.
It also includes REST-based API for the control and configuration purposes. Google Compute Engine integrates with GCP technologies such as Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage, and Google BigQuery in order to extend its computational ability and thus creates more sophisticated and complex applications.
Preparing for Google Cloud Architect Certification? Check out the Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect practice test.
17. How are the Google Compute Engine and Google App Engine related?
Answer: This typical and straightforward question is a part of the frequently asked Google Cloud Platform interview questions and answers, and can be answered like this. Google Compute Engine and Google App Engine are complementary to each other. Google Compute Engine is the IaaS product whereas Google App Engine is a PaaS product of Google.
Google App Engine is generally used to run web-based applications, mobile backends, and line of business. If you want to keep the underlying infrastructure in more of your control, then Compute Engine is a perfect choice. For instance, you can use Compute Engine for the implementation of customized business logic or in case, you need to run your own storage system.
18. How does the pricing model work in GCP cloud?
Answer: While working on Google Cloud Platform, the user is charged on the basis of compute instance, network use, and storage by Google Compute Engine. Google Cloud charges virtual machines on the basis of per second with the limit of minimum of 1 minute. Then, the cost of storage is charged on the basis of the amount of data that you store.
The cost of the network is calculated as per the amount of data that has been transferred between the virtual machine instances communicating with each other over the network. You should prepare yourself with the questions on Google Cloud Platform pricing models as these are among the most common Google Cloud interview questions.
19. What are the different methods for the authentication of Google Compute Engine API?
Answer: This is one of the popular Google Cloud architect interview questions which can be answered as follows. There are different methods for the authentication of Google Compute Engine API:
- Using OAuth 2.0
- Through client library
- Directly with an access token
20. What are the service accounts? How will you create one?
Answer: This is one of the most common Google Cloud interview questions and the detailed answer to it can be given this way. The special accounts related to a project are known as the Service Accounts. The service accounts are used for the authorization of Google Compute Engine so that it could perform on behalf of the user and thus could access non-sensitive data and information.
These accounts generally simplify the authentication process from Google Cloud Engine to the other services through handling the process of authorization for the user. It is required to mention that service accounts are not used in order to access the information of the user.
There are various types of service accounts offered by Google but mainly, users prefer to use two types of service accounts, these are –
- Google Cloud Platform Console service accounts
- Google Compute Engine service accounts
The user doesn’t need to create a service account manually. It is automatically created by the Compute Engine whenever a new instance is created. Google Compute Engine also specifies the scope of the service account for that particular instance when it is created.
21. What do you know about Projects?
Answer: This is one of the most common Google Cloud interview questions. This typical and straightforward question is a part of the frequently asked Google cloud engineer interview questions and can be answered this way. The projects are the containers for the resources of Google Compute Engine. The main points about the projects are –
- The projects comprise the world of compartments
- The projects are not meant for resource sharing
- The projects may have different users and owners
- The billing for all the projects is done separately
- The projects are no more accessible to each other
22. How will you create a Project?
Answer: One needs to follow the below-mentioned steps for creating a Project –
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console
- Once prompted, create a new project or select an existing project
- In order to set up billing, follow the prompts.
Remember, if you are new to the Google Cloud Platform, you can use your free trial credit to make the payment for your instance.
23. How will you differentiate a Project Id and Project Number?
Answer: There are two parameters to identify a project, one is the project id and another one is the project number. The two can be differentiated as follows –
Whenever a new project is created, the project number for that is created automatically whereas the project number is created by the user himself. The project number is compulsory and mandatory while the project id can be optional for may services (but it is a must for the Google Compute Engine).
Simple but one of the best Google Cloud interview questions, this question may be asked in the Google Cloud Engineer interview. So, it is important to cover the basic concepts of projects while going for the Google Cloud interview.
Google Cloud brings something new every year. Let’s come across the Google Cloud trends in 2018.
24. How will you request more quota for your project?
Answer: Some default quotas are provided to all the Google Compute Engine projects for various types of resources. The quotas can also be increased on the basis of per-project. One can check the quota limits for the project on the quota page on the Google Cloud Platform Console.
In case, you find that you have reached the quota limit for your resources, and you want to increase the quota, then you can make a request to get more quota for some specific resources using IAM quotas page. You can request more quota directly through the Edit Quotas button on the top of the page.
Whether you are going for the Google Cloud Architect or Google Cloud Consultant interview, you may come across this type of Google Cloud interview questions. So, prepare yourself very well to crack the interview.
25. Suppose you have deleted your instance by mistake. Will you be able to retrieve it back? If yes, how?
Answer: It is a very simple question but based on the deep understanding of the Google cloud platform. This is among best Google Cloud Platform interview questions that can be answered in the following way.
No, it is not possible to retrieve the instances that have been deleted once. If it has been stopped, it can be retrieved back by simply starting it again.
26. What is Google BigQuery? What are the benefits of BigQuery for the data warehouse practitioners?
Answer: Google BigQuery is a replacement of the hardware setup for the traditional data warehouse. It is used as a data warehouse and thus, acts as a collective store for all the analytical data in an organization. Also, the BigQuery organizes the data table into the units that are known as datasets.
Using BigQuery proves very useful for the data warehouse practitioners, here are some of them –
- BigQuery allocated query resources and storage resources dynamically on the basis of requirement and usage. Thus, it doesn’t require the provisioning of resources before usage.
- BigQuery stores data in different formats such as proprietary format, proprietary columnar format, query access pattern, Google’s distributed file system and others for efficient storage management.
- BigQuery is fully maintained and managed service. BigQuery engineers manage the updates and maintenance of the service fully without any downtime or hindrance to the performance.
- BigQuery provides backup recovery and disaster recovery at a broader level. The users can easily undo the changes and revert to the previous state without making any request for the backup recovery.
One who is preparing for the Google Cloud Data Engineer interview may come across this type of questions in the interview. It lies among the latest Google Cloud interview questions and you need to cover the detailed answer of it.
Thinking to validate your Google Cloud knowledge with a certification, here are the Google Cloud Certifications you can choose from.
27. What do you know about Google Cloud SDK?
Answer: Google Cloud SDK (Software Development Kit), in simple terms, is a set of tools that are used to manage applications and resources that are hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. It is composed of the gsutil, gcloud, and bqcommand line tools. The gcloudtool is automatically downloaded with the Cloud SDK.
There are some prerequisites or the system requirements for the installation of Google Cloud SDK. Google Cloud SDK run on specific platforms – Windows, Linux, and macOS and requires Python 2.7.x. Some specific tools in the Google Cloud SDK may have additional requirements such as Java tools used for the development of Google App Engine requires Java 1.7 or the later one.
You may come across one or more questions on Google Cloud Software Development Kit in your Google Cloud interview. Preferably, this type of questions are among the top Google Cloud Engineer interview questions.
28. What are the different installation options for the Google Cloud SDK?
Answer: There are four different methods for the installation of the Google Cloud SDK. As per the requirement, the user can opt for any of the followings to install Google Cloud Software Development Kit.
- Using Cloud SDK with scripts or continuous integration or continuous deployment – in this case, the user can install google cloud SDK by downloading a versioned archive for a non-interactive installation of a specific version of Cloud SDK.
- By running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/CentOS 7 – YUM is used to get the latest released version of the Google Cloud SDK in the package format.
- Through running Ubuntu/Debian – APT-GET is used to get the latest released version of the Google Cloud SDK in the package format.
- For all the other use cases, the user can run the interactive installer to install the latest version of the Google Cloud SDK.
29. What are the Google Cloud APIs? How can you access them?
Answer: As an important part of the Google Cloud Platform, Google Cloud APIs questions covers a section of the frequently asked Google Cloud interview questions. Get familiar with the basics and you will be all prepared for the interview.
Allow users to add the power of everything to your Google Cloud-based application, and that’s in the easiest manner. APIs can add power to everything from storage access to the image analysis that is based on machine learning.
Accessing Google Cloud APIs
One can easily access Cloud APIs with the client libraries from the server applications. You can use a number of programming languages to access Google Cloud APIs, by using mobile applications via Firebase SDKs or through the third-party clients. Google Cloud APIs can also be accessed through Google Cloud Platform Console Web UI or Google SDK command line tools.
30. How will you view your transaction history in the Google Cloud Platform?
Answer: Whatever is the job role, costing, payment, transaction are the common terms which form a part of the Google Cloud interview questions. The detailed step-wise answer to this type of GCP interview questions can be given like this.
There are following steps to view the transaction history in the Google Cloud Platform –
- Sign in to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Go to the left side menu in the console and select Billing.
- Select Go to linked billing account in case you have more than one billing account in order to manage the billing of the current project. If you want to check to bill for a different account, select Manage billing accounts.
- Go to the Transactions.
- Note that by default, you will have the view of the past 3 months’ transactions in the Transactions. To perform one of the following actions, you can use the toggle on the page –
Viewing account history by the transaction type –Click All Transactions and you can sort the transactions on the basis of Costs, Adjustments, Earnings, and Taxes.
Viewing transaction history in summary or detailed view –You can find all the activities of your account billing in the Detailed view. And the transactions are grouped by the type in the Summary view so that you can have a quick view of the payments, costs, and adjustments.
Changing the data range –In this view, the user can select any pre-defined range like the previous month, this year, or Custom Data Range to set a range.
31. What is an instance in google cloud?
Answer: A Google Cloud console project may have one or more instances, and each instance is linked to one or more projects. A project’s instances may be created using a variety of different operating systems and machine types.
When an instance is deleted, it is no longer a part of the project. The operating system is installed on a tiny boot persistent disc that is part of each Compute Engine instance by design. You may add more storage choices to your instance if your applications demand more storage space.
32. What are google cloud machine images?
Answer: With pre-installed apps, Google Cloud Platform already offers the capacity to store bespoke pictures. Machine Images, a new feature currently in beta, contain all the configuration details, including permissions, whereas a custom image is just a disc image. Multiple discs may also be included in machine images.
The introduction of machine pictures serves two purposes. There’s a second one just in case. A VM snapshot may be preserved while using less disc space and performing better thanks to the differential disc backup capabilities provided by machine images.
It may also be used as a base image for new virtual machines. Each new instance of the picture may be customized by overriding the image’s characteristics.
33. What is preemptible VM in GCP
Answer: The cost of preemptible Virtual Machine instances is much lower than the cost of ordinary VMs (60-91% cheaper). These VMs, however, may be stopped (preempted) by the Compute Engine if it needs to free up resources for other VMs. They are not always available because preemptible instances make use of extra Compute Engine resources.
Preemptible VMs, like ordinary VMs, need CPU quotas to function. You may request a separate “Preemptible CPU” quota to prevent preemptible VMs from using up your conventional VMs’ CPU limits. Upon receiving a preemptible CPU quota from Compute Engine, all preemptible VMs in that area will count against that quota, but standard VMs in that region will continue to count against the standard CPU limit.
To deploy preemptible VMs in locations without preemptible CPU quota, just utilize the normal CPU quota. As is customary, you’ll also want an adequate amount of IP and disc capacity. In the gcloud CLI or Cloud console quota pages, a preemptible CPU limit is not accessible until Compute Engine has given the limit.
34. What are cloud compute firewall rules?
Answer: You may configure your Google Cloud Platform (GCP) firewall rules to allow or block communication between your virtual machine (VM) instances. A firewall rule specifies a VPC network and a collection of components that describe what the rule does. The GCP Firewall Rules document has further in-depth explanations about this.
The Avi Controller, service engines (SE), and application servers all need custom firewall rules to be set up.
The following types of communication are permitted via the use of firewall rules.:
- Management Traffic
- The Controller – Service engines
- Network services used by the Controller
- Service engine – Service engine
- Data Traffic
- Virtual service traffic on service engines
- Service engine – Application servers
- Application servers
35. What is autoscaling in GCP
Answer: The managed instance groups on the Google Cloud Platform allow for autoscaling. The term “managed instance group” refers to a collection of identical instances that are all derived from a single shared template. Refer to Instance Groups for further information on managed instance groups. The simplest method of autoscaling in Avi Vantage is to scale depending on the CPU consumption of a collection of virtual machine instances.
Multiple zones and single zones may each have their autoscale groups formed (regional). Instances in a single area may be spread over many zones, increasing the overall availability of your application. A region’s managed instance group will produce instances in no more than three zones if there are more than three zones in the area in question. You can also establish instances in areas where there are less than three zones, or in regions where there are more than three zones.
36. What is a google cloud storage bucket?
Answer: Google Cloud Storage is built on the same cutting-edge technology that powers Google products across the world, making it easy to store, access, and secure your data. You can save and control access to any amount of data with Google Cloud Storage, whether it’s for an individual or a group. Reliability, virtually infinite scalability, and novel functionality, including security safeguards based on industry standards and advanced data analysis tools, are all aspects you can rely on from Google’s world-class cloud storage system.
Data storage is a time-consuming and expensive endeavor. There are also options for disaster recovery and restoring data from offsite storage, as well as firewalls and backup copies. With Google Cloud Storage, you can store, retrieve, share, and analyze your data day in and day out without having to worry about hardware or firmware updates, scaling up or down, or any other kind of maintenance.
Google Cloud Storage is an excellent choice for application developers looking for simple, cloud-based data storage and access. Google Cloud Storage may also be used for a variety of different purposes:
- Data archiving and backup Using Google Cloud Storage, you can ensure that your data is safe and accessible at all times.
- Save application information Images for a photo-editing program may be accessed quickly using Google Cloud Storage.
- Make data available to coworkers and business partners Owners of data with a dynamic user base will appreciate the ease with which Google Cloud Storage provides the ability to swiftly construct and administer Access Control Lists (ACLs) for their data.
- Enormous volumes of data for analysis Data owners may use Google Cloud Storage to quickly analyze terabytes of data for important business insights thanks to Google’s analytic tools, such as the Prediction API and BigQuery Service.
- Provide websites with access to pre-formatted data. Google Cloud Storage is an excellent option for storing and delivering static data (such as user-generated content) for websites.
37. What is vertex AI in google cloud?
Answer: As a result, Vertex AI combines AutoML with AI Platform into a single API, client library, and user experience. Vertex AI has both AutoML and custom training options. Vertex AI lets you save, deploy, and request predictions of your models regardless of how you train them. Build, deploy, and scale machine learning models quicker with pre-trained and custom tools on a single AI platform.
38. What is Google Distributed Cloud?
Answer: It is possible to move or update apps and process data locally using a range of Google Cloud services, such as databases, machine learning, data analytics, and container management services. Third-party services may also be used. Distributed Cloud products may be operated in one of four locations, depending on the organization: Google’s network edge, Operator/Customer/Client data center. Google Distributed Cloud products can be run in any of these four locations.
Now more than ever, businesses are eager to speed up their transition to the cloud. They are looking for a way to speed up innovation, reduce risk, and increase efficiency at the same time. As a result, certain of their workloads cannot be completely or immediately moved to the public cloud owing to considerations such as compliance and data sovereignty requirements, low latency or local data processing requirements, and the necessity for services that are near together or nearby.
Google Distributed Cloud, a collection of hardware and software solutions that extends Google’s infrastructure to the periphery and into your data centers, was announced today at Google Cloud Next ’21 to guarantee that these workloads may still benefit from the cloud’s resources.
39. What is GKE Autopilot?
Answer: Developed by Google, Kubernetes has become the de-facto standard for container orchestration inside enterprises in the years since its inception. Google Kubernetes Engine is used by organizations that need the greatest levels of stability, security, and scalability for their applications (GKE).
Our application modernization platforms and services—including GKE—were employed by more than 100,000 enterprises in the second quarter of 2020 alone. A lot of manual setups and fiddling were required to get the most out of Kubernetes until recently. The new mode of operation for managed Kubernetes, GKE Autopilot, is now available and enables you to concentrate on your software while GKE Autopilot takes care of the infrastructure.
Because of their strength and versatility, Kubernetes and GKE are a great solution for many enterprises, allowing them to have complete control over the design of their clusters. Although this amount of control and flexibility might be daunting or unneeded for their workloads’ needs, for others it is simply a simple method to construct a more secure and consistent development platform.
Autopilot may assist by managing the cluster architecture, control plane, and nodes, enabling enterprises to adopt Kubernetes and simplifying operations.
40. What is the google Kubernetes engine?
Answer: On Google Kubernetes Engine, this course teaches participants how to build and deploy containerized apps (GKE). Participants investigate and install solution pieces, including infrastructure components like pods and containers, via a mix of talks, demonstrations, and hands-on laboratories.
41. What is binary authorization google cloud?
Answer: Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and Cloud Run use Binary Authorization to guarantee that only trustworthy container images are deployed. Using Binary Authorization, you can ensure that images are signed by trustworthy authorities throughout development and impose signature validation when deploying. Validation ensures that only confirmed pictures are included in the build-and-release process, giving you more control over your container environment.
42. What are the key features of cloud services?
There are many key features of cloud services, but some of the most important ones include scalability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness.
Scalability is one of the most important features of a cloud service, as it allows businesses to scale their usage up or down as needed, without incurring any additional costs. This is a major advantage over traditional on-premise solutions, which can be very expensive to scale.
Flexibility is another key feature of cloud services. With a cloud service, businesses can choose from a variety of different pricing models and service levels, which gives them the flexibility to find the right solution for their needs.
Cost-effectiveness is another big advantage of cloud services. Because they are delivered over the internet, they are typically much cheaper than traditional on-premise solutions. Plus, they can often be paid for on a pay-as-you-go basis, which can further reduce costs.
43.List out the different layers of cloud architecture?
The four main layers of cloud architecture are the infrastructure layer, the platform layer, the software layer, and the user layer.
- The infrastructure layer is the foundation of the cloud and includes the hardware, networking, and storage components.
- The platform layer is responsible for managing and deploying the cloud infrastructure.
- The software layer provides the applications and services that run on the cloud.
- The user layer is the interface between the user and the cloud. It includes the tools and interfaces that users use to access and manage the cloud.
All in all, it can be understood from the above questions that getting a job at Google, the most famed internet giant in the world is not an easy task. But with a little hard work and dedication, everything is possible, even cracking Google cloud interview questions.
We are sure that this collection of the latest Google Cloud interview questions and answers will help you a lot in your endeavor. Google Cloud Architect is one of top cloud computing certifications. If you are an aspirant preparing for the Google Cloud Architect certifications, give your preparation a new edge with the Google Cloud Architect practice tests.
Try our Hands-on Labs on Google Cloud platform which helps you in the preparation for GCP interview as well for your GCP certification
All the very best!
- Cloud DNS – A Complete Guide - December 15, 2021
- Google Compute Engine: Features and Advantages - December 14, 2021
- What is Cloud Run? - December 13, 2021
- What is Cloud Load Balancing? A Complete Guide - December 9, 2021
- What is a BigTable? - December 8, 2021
- Docker Image creation – Everything You Should Know! - November 25, 2021
- What is BigQuery? - November 19, 2021
- Docker Architecture in Detail - October 6, 2021
5 thoughts on “40+ Google Cloud Interview Questions and Answers in 2023”
Thank you Vinayagam!
You should consider providing a button to select “dislike”.
This site is so helpful and grateful for the Q&A prep questions. I have a sales interview today for Google Cloud focused on the Enterprise space. It seems like the more I study the more frustrated I get. I’m a bit confused on what the key differences are between Azure, AWS, and Google. It seems a bit blurred to me besides the obvious on Regions, Data Centers etc.
Can you lend any insight as to what differentiates Google from Azure and AWS? I Also need to give an elevator pitch on why Google.
Very Nice Excellent and very valuable collections.
Please share the roles and responsibilities of google cloud engineer and managers