As enterprises increasingly move to the cloud infrastructures, cloud administration and architecture skills, it’s more important than ever to have a strong AWS enterprise. If Enterprises that don’t upskill their employees in AWS risk falling behind the competition. There are many reasons to upskill your enterprise in AWS.
AWS is constantly adding new features and services, so it’s important to keep your employees up to date on the latest changes.
If you are one of those considering setting up the AWS ecosystem and are confused about whether to hire or upskill your existing AWS enterprise , then you will find this blog helpful. Let’s delve deeper into why you should upskill your enterprise in AWS.
But before this, we should begin with how AWS business training helps organizations for better understanding.
Time to dig in.
Why are businesses and organizations switching to AWS?
There are a million reasons for organizations to prefer AWS business support over other cloud platforms and services. Here are some of the prominent ones:
- AWS is one of the most sorted and user-friendly cloud infrastructures.
- It offers the best customization services.
- You can implement apps across regions and around the globe at the same time without any hassles.
- AWS increases time-to-market by automating your development workflows.
- AWS helps ensure that cloud solutions are reliable and relevant and offers safe access to data.
- It helps you escape backend troubles and infrastructure and server-related bottlenecks.
- With the help of a pay-as-you-go model, a company has to pay for only those services it currently uses, thereby ensuring cost optimization.
- You can offer seamless experiences to customers at affordable prices.
- With AWS, you can make info resources available within weeks.
- Your company can retrieve data from the AWS infrastructure without struggle and leverage the same to ensure data-driven decision-making and better business outcomes.
- Whether you want to host a production tool or design a prototype app, AWS makes it simple and convenient.
But hiring AWS professionals is not a cakewalk!
Shortage of talent is not new in the tech landscape. Talking especially of AWS, it’s getting more and more complicated with each passing day, creating a significant skill gap within organizations. Here’s why it’s becoming so hard to find talented and efficient AWS professionals:
The turnover spree
The onset of the pandemic sparked a new set of unique challenges. As the entire operations switched to cloud platforms, AWS professionals saw a massive increase in their workloads since they are the only magicians who can keep the offices going.
Any technical glitches and the entire operation could have come to an end. It gave rise to excessive burnout and forced tech professionals to change their career paths and look for alternatives, leading to the great resignation trend. Research says that the 2020–2021 period saw a 4.5% surge in resignations in the tech sector.
Do you know that the AWS organization itself involves more than 30,000 vacancies right now? Strange, isn’t it?
So, how do you think you can find the right talent in this super competitive environment? Moreover, as the cloud computing market marches towards the projection of a whopping $800 billion by 2028, this gap will keep widening, leading to a stark shortage of AWS professionals.
The sluggish and conventional method of AWS business training
When junior AWS professionals get hired, the senior and experienced AWS employees are responsible for training and upskilling them, which now seems to be exhausting and tedious for the latter, creating burnout. It is further triggering the AWS experts to search for more fruitful alternatives.
The rising salary of new joinees
A harsh equation, that one. Price increases as a result of rising demand and a lack of supply. Due to the fierce competition for AWS specialists, firms are compelled to provide increasingly generous compensation packages in order to attract competent AWS experts. In fact, research says a mid-level Solution Architect in the US makes an average pay of $175,000 per year.
Sadly, this happens before even considering expensive perks and amenities like training and healthcare, which are becoming more and more significant to applicants looking for their next chance.
The increasing rates of digital transformation
Every time a new technology is invented, user demand soars, and vendors and sellers alike scurry to provide support. But as the pace of digital transformation quickens, new trends and tools appear more frequently than the tech industry can prepare its enterprise for them.
Previously, many professionals in the tech sector studied for degrees in fields like computer science in college or university, where they acquired the fundamentals of their trade. The market’s needs for skills change today much more rapidly, and so should the curriculum of non-specialized educational institutions.
This implies that most of what aspiring new cloud professionals learn may be irrelevant by the time they acquire their first position.
Know About : Women in Tech Talks About Her 5 AWS Certifications!
The solution: Upskill your enterprise in AWS Corporate Training
Upskilling your existing enterprise and getting them AWS certified is the only way to escape the skill gap. And how can you do that? By introducing AWS domain expertise courses and development programs in your organizations!
This AWS training program should help your enterprise gain a holistic approach toward AWS cloud capabilities, enhance business outcomes, and provide a frictionless user experience. Such a type of AWS upskilling training will not only help you bridge the knowledge gap but also help them gain an in-depth understanding of the AWS environment through both hands-on and learning, increasing the operational efficiency by manifolds.
Some other benefits of AWS enterprise upskilling
Upskilling your enterprise on AWS will help you unlock countless advantages. For starters:
- Your employees would be able to increase the market value of your company by boosting the go-live time of your projects.
- It will help boost the company profile and save hiring costs while delivering superior results.
- You can deliver higher value and mission-critical projects on time, gaining customers’ trust.
- You can turn your enterprise into valuable assets by helping them upskill with the most industry-relevant abilities.
- It is a win-win strategy as employee experience and employee satisfaction increase when they get the opportunity to validate their knowledge and upgrade themselves, saving all the hassles and dollars of a hiring drive.
What are the top AWS enterprise support skills to consider?
Here’s a sneak peek of the AWS enterprise support skills you should focus on while conducting upskilling programs:
- Cloud formation
- Elastic MapReduce
- Elastic Cache
- Cloud Watch
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Key Management service
Some of the relevant AWS enterprise certifications to consider
While designing and implementing your AWS upskilling or training program, consider including these certifications:
This AWS enterprise support certification will help you learn how to:
- Architect, design, sustain and scale with AWS solutions and services
- Keep track of AWS advancements and facilitate on-ground implementation for relevant AWS solutions.
This certification will help enterprise learn:
- Constructing enterprise-level apps and software tools.
- Delving into standard cloud orchestration solutions.
This certification will help enterprise dive into how to:
- Implement, provision, operate, configure, and control virtual and non-virtual software systems and other environments.
- Establish reporting dashboards and introduce analytics.
This certification will teach enterprise to:
- Design AWS solutions that best suit organizational requirements.
- Maintain and deploy servers involving debugging and patching whenever required.
This certification exam is a foundational course and will help enterprise learn the fundamentals of cloud computing, AWS environment, and how to deploy cloud initiatives.
What are the non-technical roles where AWS certifications can provide value?
These are the following non-technical roles where AWS certs will help:
- Sales team (to help promote cloud technology offerings).
- HR (to support the services)
- Executives (implement effective leadership)
- Marketing (to enhance time-to-market)
- Finance (Understand AWS pricing strategy)
- Legal teams (to facilitate security and good governance within AWS architecture.)
What are the AWS hands-on labs to help enterprise access AWS skills?
Here are a few AWS hands-on labs to checkout:
- Access and tour AWS Console
- Creating a static website using Amazon S3
- Intro to Amazon CloudFront
- Intro to AWS IAM
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Amazon CloudFormation
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
- AWS S3 Multipart Upload using AWS CLI
What are the types of AWS certifications?
You will find four types of AWS certifications:
Foundational: These need six months of experience in a basic understanding of the AWS environment.
Associate: This will need at least a year’s experience in using AWS solutions to solve organizational problems.
Professional: These need over two years of work experience in operating, designing, and troubleshooting AWS cloud tools.
Specialty: These give experience in technical AWS cloud infrastructure.
What are the AWS certifications to consider for your enterprise ?
Here are a few to consider:
- AWS Certified Solution architect associate
- AWS Certified Solution architect professional
- AWS Certified DevOps engineer professional
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator associate
- AWS Certified Developer associate
- AWS Certified cloud practitioner
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking specialty
- AWS Certified security specialty
- AWS Certified machine learning specialty
- AWS Certified data analytics specialty
- AWS Certified database specialty
- AWS Certified Alexa skill builder specialty
Hope this blog will help you strategize an effective AWS enterprise upskilling program for your enterprise and increase operational efficiency. The next part of the AWS enterprise upskilling program path is to find an effective and authentic upgrade and training platform for your employees.
We are at your rescue!
Whizlabs offer training courses, especially for business teams, that help you upskill your team at a 5x speed. These are nuanced and in-depth training programs and include:
- AWS certification courses
- Free and premium practice tests with countless unique questions and exhaustive explanations.
- Video courses curated by AWS domain experts.
- 200+ AWS hands-on labs, including lab challenges.
- AWS sandbox to test and play around in a demo AWS environment.
Get your workforce to upskill in the digital economy!
- Upskill your teams on a Multi-Cloud universe - January 12, 2023
- Top Hands-on labs to prepare for SAA-C03: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate - December 8, 2022
- What is sandbox in cloud computing? - November 3, 2022
- What’s all the buzz about Metaverse and Cloud Computing ? - October 18, 2022
- Why should you upskill your teams in AWS? - September 21, 2022
- Preparation Guide on PT0-002: CompTIA PenTest+ Certification - September 12, 2022
- 25 Free Question on Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200) - August 29, 2022
- Microsoft 365 Certification Path – Updated [New] - July 19, 2022