In our previous article we have written about the good books that are useful for preparing OCPJP 8 exam. If you are planning to prepare for the OCPJP eam, then OCPJP 8 and OCPJP 7 exams are most popular exams and their objectives are very much closer. However, we would recommend you to prepare for the most recent exam OCPJP 8. When it comes to preparation books, there are separate books for both the exams.
Here is the list of good books that are recommended for the OCPJP 7 preparation.
1. OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804)
It is one of the best books available for OCPJP 7 exam. Kathy Seira and Bert Bates are the #1 author for the Java certification books. It is the most recommended book if you are preparing for the OCPJP 7 exam.
You can buy this book from Amazon Website.
2. OCP Java SE 7 Programmer II Certification Guide: Prepare for the 1ZO-804 exam
After Kathy Seira’s book, Mala Gupta books are most recommended for the Java certification preparation.
OCP Java SE 7 Programmer book has been organised really well to address all the requirements of OCP.
Each Chapter has Exam objectives, what needs to know from the chapter from exam perspective, Exam tips, practical examples, Points to remember segments and rules for the concepts.
A very good introduction of the Oracle Certifications, journey, frequently asked questions and required areas assessed on the OCP. Core Java Concepts are presented with simple and practical examples which enables any reader in understanding the concepts like Classes, method, keywords, types of classes, packages for organising the classes.
Object Oriented Principles are explained in an elegant way close to the real world scenarios and this chapter further relates the object design and common design patterns for implementing and organizing Chapter 4 introduces key concepts of Generics and Collections which is needed for define generic classes, interfaces, and methods with single and multiple type parameters.
Key Collections interfaces, its implementations and usage are provided with useful examples for storing and retrieving the data from collections.
Overall this book is one of the must have for any developer going for OCP and can be a reference companion for the developer.
You can buy this book from Amazon Website.
3. Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer Exams 1Z0-804 and 1Z0-805: A Comprehensive OCPJP 7 Certification Guide
- Author: S G Ganesh and Tushar Sharma (Both are OCJP7-certified).
- Publisher: Apress
- Published Date: February 27th 2013
This also one of the best books that help you to have good preparation for the latest Java SE Programmer exam – OCPJP 7. This book is a comprehensive study guide and thorough certification preparation material. It is very well-written and organized to cover all exam objectives. The FAQ section (first chapter) will clear any doubts regarding the OCPJP certification itself as well as general Java certifications path.
In the second chapter (Pretest), you will feel how the exam is going to be, and the next twelve chapters cover each exam object in-depth in an example-driven approach which is very helpful. The Quick Refresher section summarizes the most important concepts which is useful for revising before taking the exam.
Table of Content:
- Chapter 1: The OCPJP 7 Exam: FAQ
- Chapter 2: Pretest
- Chapter 3: Java Class Design
- Chapter 4: Advanced Class Design
- Chapter 5: Object-Oriented Design Principles
- Chapter 6: Generics and Collections
- Chapter 7: String Processing
- Chapter 8: Java I/O Fundamentals
- Chapter 9: Java File I/O (NIO.2)
- Chapter 10: Building Database Applications with JDBC
- Chapter 11: Exceptions and Assertions
- Chapter 12: Localization
- Chapter 13: Threads
- Chapter 14: Concurrency
- Chapter 15: OCPJP 7 Quick Refresher
- Appendix A: Exam Topics
- Appendix B: Mock Test – 1
- Appendix A: Mock Test – 2
- You can buy this from Amazon Website.
4. Java Practice Questions: Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer (OCPJP)
- Author: Esteban Herrara
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Published Date: June 04th 2013
- Paperback: 356 pages
One of the important task is practicing some mock exams after taking the study guide in order to familiarize himself with the questions format, difficulty, tricks and traps and, of course, increase chances to pass the real exam with confidence.
When you are preparing for the OCPJP 7 exam, this mock exams book provides 120 quality practice questions which cover all of 12 exam topics, including answer and explanations for each question. By practicing these mock exams, you will have good understanding of how tough the real exam, what question patterns and what are the tricks to expect in the real exam. You will be well prepared for the exam.
If you choose wrong answers, you can check back the explanations to learn what you have missed, which topic you are still weak in order to strengthen your knowledge.
Table of Content:
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 1: Java Class Design
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 2: Advanced Class Design
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 3: Object-Oriented Design Principles
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 4: Generics and Collections
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 5: String Processing
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 6: Exceptions and Assertions
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 7: Java I/O Fundamentals
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 8: Java File I/O (NIO.2)
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 9: Building Database Applications with JDBC
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 10: Threads
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 11: Concurrency
- Practice Questions & Answers Section 12: Localization
- You can buy this books from Amazon Website.
If you are looking for practicing more mock questions, please consider buy our 700+ practices questions for OCPJP 7 exam.
If you have any questions regarding the OCPJP exam preparation or need any assistance, please send us an email or contact our support for the help!!.
- 25 Free Practice Questions – GCP Certified Professional Cloud Architect - December 3, 2021
- 30 Free Questions – Google Cloud Certified Digital Leader Certification Exam - November 24, 2021
- 4 Types of Google Cloud Support Options for You - November 23, 2021
- APACHE STORM (2.2.0) – A Complete Guide - November 22, 2021
- Data Mining Vs Big Data – Find out the Best Differences - November 18, 2021
- Understanding MapReduce in Hadoop – Know how to get started - November 15, 2021
- What is Data Visualization? - October 22, 2021
- Microsoft Power Automate – Your Complete Guide - October 20, 2021