Are you preparing for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam (SAA-C03)?
Maybe looking for ways to strategize your SAA-C03 exam preparation? Or wondering how to start with the SAA-C03 course? You are in the right place.
Preparing for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam requires rigorous practice and an in-depth understanding of the AWS infrastructure.
So this blog will walk you through a twelve-step preparation plan so you can kickstart your SAA-C03 certification exam preparation. But before getting into the details, let’s first have a quick glance at the exam overview and syllabus to better understand the nature of this certification exam.
Overview of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 Exam Domains
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 covers four domains and their weightage as follows:
|Design Secure Architectures||30%|
|Design Resilient Architectures||26%|
|Design High-Performing Architectures||24%|
|Design Cost-Optimized Architectures||20%|
Each of these domain has several subtopics that includes:
- Designing resilient architecture
– Multi-tier architecture solution
– Create highly available architectures
– Use AWS to design decoupling techniques
– Select relevant resilient storage
- Creating efficient performing architectures
– Identify scalable and elastic solutions for workload
– Select scalable storage solutions for workload
– Choose high performing networking solutions
– Select high performing database tools
- Designing architectures and secure apps
– Create secure access for AWS resources
– Design protected app tiers
– Identify relevant data security options
- Creating cost-efficient architectures
– Choose cost effective storage solutions
– Select cost effective database services
– Create cost optimized networking architecture
Additionally, the aws solutions architect associate exam will also include 15 unscored questions and is not considered in the overall marking. These questions are not identified in the exam as well. AWS evaluates them for future perusal as a scored item and collects data on candidate’s performance.
Exam Format of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam
Prerequisites of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam
At least a year’s experience in designing secure and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
As the AWS Certified Solutions Architect is an associate-level certification, AWS recommends that you should have at least a year’s experience in designing secure and scalable distributed systems on AWS technologies and services along with the following skills:
- Using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services as well as AWS deployment and management services.
- Experience deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS as well as implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Familiarity with using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement and to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
Exam tips to prepare for AWS SAA-C03 exam
We can’t deny one thing here: passing this industry-relevant and most demanding certification is not a cakewalk. Besides work experience, the exam dictates a list of skills you have to gain before diving headlong into preparation. You need to be absolutely on your toes with concepts like:
- AWS deployment and management services.
- AWS CLI and management console.
- AWS services for computing, storage, networking, and database
- Deploy, handle and operate workloads in AWS
- Implement governance and security controls.
These are just a few to name.
But you don’t need to feel overwhelmed. It can be difficult, but not impossible. With the help of proper strategy, you can make this journey as seamless as a breeze. Let’s discuss each step one by one.
Step 1: Study the AWS SAA-C03 exam study guide thoroughly
Understanding the exam objectives is always critical. Download the AWS SAA-C03 exam guide and dive deeper into exam content. Make sure to check out the AWS resources first. Then identify if you need materials and resources in addition to the AWS learning paths. Similarly, map your skills with those of your prerequisites.
If there’s a gap, you need to focus on those skills apart from theoretical preparation.
Step 2: Allocate study time in your calendar
Earning certifications while working full-time can be a little tedious. Unfortunately, you need to dedicate a particular time of the day to studying for the exam. You also have to be careful of the fact that you are not leaving out any portion of the prerequisites or domains.
So the best way is to chalk out a calendar, divide the syllabus and skills equally, and follow it religiously. Don’t forget to keep vacant slots for webinars, live streams, and videos.
Step 3: Start with watching videos
Videos are the best way to get clarity on subjects. You can start with YouTube tutorials, AWS CSAA instructor-led videos, or enroll yourself in other video courses. Here are some of the videos and tutorials to refer to for AWS SAA-C03 certification:
AWS Digital Training on Technical Essentials: This foundational course is four-hour long and covers essential AWS CSAA services, AWS CSAA networking solutions, and related concepts.
AWS Power Hour Architecting on Demand: This is a six-episode series available on Twitch, and you can watch them on-demand anytime-anywhere. It teaches how to design cost-effective, responsive, and secure architectures on the AWS CSAA cloud infrastructure.
Use YouTube videos to build foundational knowledge. YouTube videos are a great way to clarify fundamental concepts. You will always find videos like these incredibly helpful.
- AWS Quick Intro
- Introducing the AWS Services
- Introducing the AWS Networking
And so on.
Step 4: Go through the theories and learning paths
Now that you are familiar with the basics of the AWS solutions architect certification exam, it’s time to start preparing with the theory. You can enroll for the paid classroom training: AWS CSAA for Architecting. It’s a three-day intermediate course covering all the exam concepts.
In addition to this, you can try the AWS exam prep course. It includes 6-8 hours of practice materials, videos and hands-on labs. In short a complete package. If you need additional materials, you can always go for training program courses. They are self-paced and will give you a complete exam package, including theory resources and video courses.
Step 5: Map your learning with the prerequisite list
At this stage, you must have earned a pretty good amount of foundational knowledge required for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 exam. So, now you can list down the items you can perform and the skills you still need to gain. Once you have a complete view of things, get deeper into the specifics of AWS services and infrastructure solutions.
For instance, you can skim through AWS FAQs and whitepapers on Amazon EC2, Amazon VPC, Amazon S3, Amazon Route 53, Amazon SQS, Amazon RDS, etc.
Step 6: Increase your practical exposure
It’s time that you feel confident about your skills. Apply your knowledge in the real-world scenario through hands-on labs, daily challenges and sandboxes. Applying your knowledge in a real scenario is the best way to understand and remember concepts. You can refer to:
- Lab challenges like AWS Cloud Quest. It’s more like a game teaching AWS services by allowing you to use AWS services and solve problems as you would in the real world.
- Training program offering hands-on labs. These labs are usually nuanced and an hour long. You will also find labs that you can avail of for free. All you have to do is create an account.
- You can also go for AWS sandboxes. These are virtual and isolated infrastructures that let you apply and play around. You can learn and experiment with your knowledge in a replicated AWS environment and sharpen your practical skills.
Step 7: Attempt practice papers
You are almost approaching the last stage of your preparation. Start assessing your knowledge and domain understanding by attempting practice papers. You will find innumerable exam dumps and practice papers. You can begin with the AWS sample papers and official exam.
These tests offer exhaustive explanations and quick assessments. Do a SWOT analysis. Fill the gaps and relearn weak areas. Then attempt again.
Step 8: Don’t miss out on the online discussions and webinars
Networking always helps. Always keep a tab on AWS webinars, community discussions, live sessions on YouTube, live streaming’s in Facebook communities and so on. Clarify your doubts from the professionals directly and learn from their experiences, tricks and tips. Everyone can build up their secret sauce for success. All you need is to explore the recipes.
Step 9: Keep revising the fundamentals
While we become busy with acing the technical and complex subjects, we often tend to recall very basic and minimal topics during the exam. Simple questions are the best way to score but often become hard to remember at the final moments. So, keep revising them while performing all the seven steps alongside.
Step 10: Take one step at a time
Preparation can be overwhelming at times. Be it any exams. So don’t get over anxious or stressed. Follow the calendar and take one step at a time. Approach things strategically. Break down your prep process into simple phases and steps and stick to it. With proper strategy at hand, you can conquer any exam with flying colors.
Furthermore, if you want to delve deeper into the AWS Solutions Architecture Associate SAA-C03 exam:
People Also Ask
When is the AWS Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 release date?
The old AWS SAA C02 will be reformed as AWS SAA-C03 and is scheduled to release on 30th August 2022.
Are there any prior requirements for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 certification?
You need at least one year of hands-on experience developing and designing fault-free, cost-effective, responsive and scalable systems on AWS. Along with this, you should also have:
- Use AWS services for computing, storage, networking, and database
- Familiarity with AWS deployment and management services
- Use AWS CLI and management console.
- Identify and learn the purpose of each AWS service and AWS-based apps.
- Deploy, handle and operate workloads in AWS
- Implement governance and security controls
- Understand AWS global infrastructure, framework and security services
What is the validity of AWS Certifeid Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 certification?
SAA-C03 is valid for three years.
Can a non-technical person take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate C03 exam?
Yes, you can. People with any background can go for this certification. But that said, you should have at least basic understanding of AWS infrastructure, solutions and services.
What will be my responsibilities as an AWS solutions architect associate?
As an AWS solutions architect associate, you will be responsible for performing mission critical tasks like:
- Using AWS technologies to create solutions to best fit the business needs
- Leveraging the core elements of AWS
- Applying AWS architectural principles
- Identifying relevant AWS services and using them to design solutions that best suit the business requirements.
- defining implementation guidance satisfying the organizational practices.
Does Whizlabs guarantee success in the AWS Solutions Architect Associate C03 exams? How?
The Whizlabs AWS SAA-C03 exam practice tests aim to uphold Whizlabs’ established reputation for high quality. The Whizlabs mock exams have added features to help candidates prepare and comprehensively cover exam topics in the certificate program.
We also offer an effective modular strategy for all exam objectives while assuring a more straightforward learning process. Additionally, the exhaustive and thorough explanations for practice tests help understand exam objectives.
Is there an exam retake policy for AWS Solutions Architect Associate C03 certification?
Yes, there is an exam retake policy in SAA-C03 exam. You can wait upto 14 days from the day results of the previous attempt are out. You can attempt as many times to pass the exam. Though, you have to pay the complete registration fees for every attempt.
What can be the next step after the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03 exam?
Once you have qualified the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03, you can go for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam. Here, you can level up your AWS infrastructure skills and design and implementation abilities.
Finding authentic and updated content for such a huge domain of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam syllabus is difficult to get a hold of. To unburden you a little and eliminate a quantum of stress, Whizlabs offers an exhausting training course to make your SAA-C03 prep a breeze.
Interestingly, this AWS certification is the most challenging yet demanding certification. Today, all the big names like Netflix and Spotify use AWS infrastructure and other cloud services. So if you want to tap into this opportunity, this is the perfect career milestone.
Looking to get started in the AWS cloud? Our Hands-on Labs and AWS Cloud Sandbox environment are the perfect place to start. With both options available, you can choose the learning method that best suits your needs. Our labs provide a guided learning experience, while our sandbox environment gives you the freedom to explore on your own.
- Whizlabs Black Friday Sale 2022 !! - November 22, 2022
- Preparation guide for SOA-C02: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate certification - November 21, 2022
- How to prepare for AZ-600 Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub certification? - November 9, 2022
- Top Microsoft Active Directory Interview Questions for Freshers - October 26, 2022
- Free Questions on SC-400 Microsoft Information Protection Administrator - September 28, 2022
- Preparation Guide on Microsoft MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops Certification - September 21, 2022
- Preparation Guide on Microsoft Azure Data Engineer DP-203 Certification - September 12, 2022
- Preparation Guide on PL-900 Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals - August 28, 2022