Developing as a Professional Scrum Master demonstrates your Scrum skills to the clients, peers, and employers. It ensures them with the effect that you are able to implement Scrum applications within the organization. The certification provides a curve to your career and the salary of a professional scrum master is very high as compared to one without the certification. This signifies it is very tough to pass this certification. But preparing through the best PSM book available may help you reach the edge.
You can also find preparation guide for all Professional Scrum Master Certification. We’ve covered a complete preparation guide for:
This guide will give you a study plan; start your preparation with this guide and then continue with the PSM Certification Books. Don’t spend time while looking around here we list the best books to prepare for the PSM certification exam.
Top 10 Books for PSM Certification
1. Scrum Guide
Scrum guide has been written by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, the inventors of Scrum. In this guide, Ken and Jeff explained how the use of scrum can enhance manufacturing, profit, and amenity with the output. This guide is available in more than 30 languages. This PSM book contains:
- Definition of Scrum and Scrum Theory
- Scrum team, Scrum events, and Scrum artifacts
2. Agile certification Study Guide: Practice Questions for the PMI-ACP exam and the Scrum Master certification PSM I exam (Part of the Agile Education Series) by Dan Tousignant
This is the latest revision study guide in the market written by Dan Tousignant who has 20+ years experience in business management and web development projects. This PSM book covers all the aspects of the PSM I assessment. This self-study guide contains:
- PSM I preparation practice exams with a collection of 370 questions for practice that help you to pass Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam
- A list of online courses which provides you additional background while preparing for PSM certification exam
- A comprehensive Scrum and Agile glossary.
3. Scrum Mastery: From Good To Great Servant-Leadership by Geoff Watts
Scrum Mastery is the PSM book lettered by the well-versed Scrum trainers of the world. This PSM book acts as a daily guidance for people in the industry. This book contains:
- Practical and deterrent examples from the most experienced Scrum coaches
- Explanation of how to become a Professional Scrum Master by using scrum framework.
- Tips and Tricks to improve the performance of Scrum team members
4. Scrum the Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
This PSM book has been written by Jeff Sutherland, a well-known couturier of software developing procedure in Scrum. A good reading of this book helps you to become innovative and also improves your overall understanding. This book contains:
- Glossary of how implementing scrum can improve your progress
- Comprehension recommendation for the continuous enhancement
- Description of using Scrum to achieve impossible things
- Rules and appetites to chase so that you can make use of the basic concepts of the scrum.
5. The Professional Scrum Master’s Handbook (Professional Expertise Distilled)
This PSM book explains what is scrum and what are the responsibilities of a scrum master? It is the PSM book that identifies hindrance and how to conquer them with the implementation of Scrum. This book contains:
- Exercises and practice questions which help you to think as a Professional Scrum Master and solving them improve your skills.
- Explanation of how to make scheduling of the tasks assigned to Scrum team members for constant progression.
- Detailed description of how to do product backlogs as it is the heart of scrum.
6. Scrum and XP from the Trenches (Enterprise Software Development) by Henrik Kniberg
This book gives you an example of Swedish company that implemented Scrum framework and improved their progress. This PSM book contains:-
- Practical knowledge of scrum and XP practices
- Planning and Scheduling techniques
- Diagrams and pictures interpreting the everyday work
- How to Coordinate with team members
7. A Guide to Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK Guide)
This scrum book is a complete guide to learn how to implement Scrum methodology and principles. This book is intended for you whether you are an experienced Scrum practitioner or have no knowledge of Scrum. On reading this book, you will be able to understand the following things –
- What is Scrum and why to use Scrum?
- Scrum principles, aspects, and processes
- Scrum project roles within an organization
- Business justification, quality, and risks
- Planning, estimation, and implementation
- Review, retrospect and release deliverables
8. Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum
This PSM book is a realistic Scrum guide for those software developers who are interested to solve difficult programming challenges with the implementation of Scrum. Succeeding with Agile is the PSM book written by Mike Cohn who is a leading Agile practitioner and consultant. This book covers –
- Practical methods and tips to get started using Scrum promptly
- Description of how to use Scrum on software development projects with challenging consent and complex consecutive processes
- Selecting particular agile scrum technical practice to use in order to lead self-organized teams
- Interpretation of the impact of Scrum on facilities, HR, and project management
9. Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Cohn)
Coaching Agile Teams book is intended for the agile coaches, scrum masters, and project managers. Through this PSM book, Lyssa Adkins helps scrum masters to guide scrum teams to improve their productivity and performance. The coverage of the book includes –
- How to become a great scrum master and agile coach through mastering all the roles of agile coach
- Creating an energized work environment suitable for emergence of high-performance, self-organized teams
- Maintaining team without being dominant to the team to improve performance and boost growth
- Advancement of the leadership style with the growth and evolution of the team
10. Scrum Basics: A Very Quick Guide to Agile Project Management
If you are new to learn agile for software development or implementing Scrum for the project management, this PSM book is for you. Scrum Basics combines all the basic and important concepts into a single handy guide. This book contains –
A quick summary of the fundamentals of the agile project management such as Agile principles and Agile Manifesto
A succinct description of the Scrum activities, roles, and artifacts
Maintained breakdown of Scrum applications with proper advice and figures
Set of frequently asked questions related to troubleshooting and five case studies to illustrate the action of Scrum
So, you can choose one or more books for PSM certification exam preparation that meet your needs. Whether you are new to Agile and Scrum or have a great knowledge of concepts, these books will help you to get accredited as professional scrum master.
For the Level I PSM certification, first go through the preparation guide, and then read the above-mentioned books. Complete your preparation with Whizlabs PSM I preparation practice exams. Take a free trial now!
- Preparation Guide on Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification - February 5, 2023
- Exam tips on Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect - January 26, 2023
- Let’s begin you career in DevSecOps | An Exclusive Interview with DevSecOps Certified Expert – Andreas Horn - January 9, 2023
- 25 Free Question on AWS Certified SAP on AWS – Specialty Exam (PAS-C01) - December 19, 2022
- 7 pro tips to prepare for the AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Exam - November 14, 2022
- Preparation Guide on DVA-C01: AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam - November 8, 2022
- Preparation Guide on SK0-005: CompTIA Server+ Certification Exam - October 26, 2022
- Free Questions on Microsoft Azure AI Solution Exam AI-102 Certification - October 14, 2022