Snowflake is a SaaS-based cloud data warehousing platform powering various enterprise data solutions. The Snowflake SnowPro Core certification exam covers core features of Snowflake along with architectural principles and best practices for implementing Snowflake solutions. An ideal exam candidate must have a thorough understanding of the following Snowflake aspects:
- Loading and transforming data in Snowflake
- Scaling and optimizing virtual warehouses in Snowflake
- Data sharing in Snowflake
- DDL & DML query operations
- Snowflake accounts management
- Handling unstructured & semi-structured data
- Continuous data protection methods in Snowflake
Let’s discuss all components of Snowflake’s SnowPro Core certification in detail. In this blog post we are going to deep dive into the Snowflake Snowpro Core Certification exam and how to pass snowpro core certification exam with proper study materials.
Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification Exam Details
Candidates must understand the Snowflake SnowPro certification exam format and scoring mechanism. The exam contains multiple select, multiple-choice, and true/false questions, marked using a compensatory scaled scoring model (0 – 1000) to allow fair evaluation of all exam sections. Snowflake does not publish individual exam passing scores or passing rates as exam content is updated frequently. Other exam details include:
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Time Limit: 115 minutes
- Available Languages: English & Japanese
- SnowPro Core Certification Cost: USD 175
- Passing Scaled Score: 750
- Prerequisites: None
- Recertification: 2 years
SnowPro Core certification exam may also contain unscored questions to collect statistical information that does not affect the final score or the allotted time. Candidates can give the exam via online proctoring using Webassesor and onsite testing via Kryterion Testing Centers.
SnowPro Core Certification Exam Topics
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the recommended topics to ace the Snowflake SnowPro Core exam. We have summarized these topics below, along with their exam portion percentages.
1. Account and Security (10 – 15%)
Candidates will be evaluated on their knowledge of Snowflake accounts and security, including:
- Snowflake accounts and usage monitoring
- Security principles and policies like Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), Single Sign-On (SSO), data encryption, access control, and federated authentication
- Snowflake roles and entities including Role Hierarchy and Privilege Inheritance
- Snowflake Data Governance and security features like data masking and External Tokenization
2. Virtual Warehouses (15 – 20%)
Virtual warehouse is an important Snowflake capability that allows data manipulation using SQL. Using Snowflake, candidates must learn how virtual warehouses provision compute, memory, and storage resources. Recommended topics also include:
- Learning about compute principles like credit usage, billing, concurrency, and caching
- Understanding virtual warehouse best practices for monitoring, management, and scaling
3. Data Movement (11 – 20%)
Data lies at the heart of Snowflake. Candidates will be evaluated on their abilities to manipulate data, including:
- Differentiation between data loading commands like COPY, INSERT, PUT, GET, and VALIDATE
- Defining bulk vs. continuous data loading methods like COPY and Snowpipe
- Data loading best practices for file size and folders
- Best practices and formats for unloading data from Snowflake to local storage or cloud storage
- Manipulating semi-structured data
4. Performance Management (5 – 10%)
Candidates must be aware of the best practices for Snowflake performance management on storage and virtual warehouses. Important topics for this section are:
- Best practices for clustering, materialized views, and search optimization on storage
- Best practices for query performance and analysis, query profiles, query history, SQL optimization, and caching on virtual warehouses
5. Snowflake Overview and Architecture (25 – 30%)
To pass the SnowPro Core exam, candidates must focus on mastering the Snowflake architecture, accounting for a significant portion of the exam. It outlines major Snowflake components and capabilities, including:
- Snowflake’s cloud data platform
- Data marketplace and web interface (UI)
- Snowflake’s data sharing functionalities
- Snowflake versus legacy warehouse solutions
- Features of different Snowflake editions
- Snowflake’s Partner Ecosystem including cloud partners and connectors
- Snowflake’s three distinct layers, i.e., storage layer, compute layer, and cloud services layer
- Snowflake’s catalog and objects including database, schema, tables types, view types, data types, and external functions
6. Storage and Protection (10 – 15%)
This section revolves around Snowflake’s storage and data protection concepts. Candidates must learn the following topics to ace the related SnowPro Core questions:
- Snowflake’s storage concepts like micro partitions, metadata types, clustering, data storage, stage types, file formats, and storage monitoring
- Continuous data protection including time travel, fail safe, data encryption, and cloning
Preparing for SnowPro Core Certification Exam
Wondering how to pass SnowPro core certification exam? We recommend the following steps to help you prepare and pass this exam:
In this post, we have covered all major topics of the exam. But we recommend candidates examine to review the official Snowflake certification exam guide to better familiarize themselves with the exam content. The Snowflake certification guide provides an overview of the exam content and links to various learning and training resources.
The SnowPro Core Preparation course is a five-hour-long self-paced on-demand course offered by Snowflake for USD 375 for six months from the day of enrollment.
Snowflake recommends pairing this course with another beginner-friendly instructor-led Snowflake Certification Fundamentals 4-day course covering Snowflake Cloud Data platform architecture, loading and transforming data, SQL operations, best practices for semi-structured data, continuous protection, data sharing, and managing virtual warehouses. This training costs around USD 3000 and can be taken onsite or online.
If you are looking for free SnowPro Core certification training, you can access and download the self-paced self-learning study guide for the SnowPro Core certification exam. The snowflake certification study guide covers all relevant exam topics and links to Snowflake documentation, along with additional exercises and training videos.
Documentation often makes or breaks a software product. Good comprehensive software documentation guides developers to build standardized products, deployed with best practices.
Snowflake comes with easy-to-use developer-oriented documentation covering all Snowflake components in detail. Some major sections of the documentation are:
- Introduction to Snowflake
- Connecting to Snowflake
- Loading/unloading data to Snowflake
- Web interface, virtual warehouses, databases, queries, semi-structured data, and data pipelines
- Data security in Snowflake
- Snowflake accounts
- Developing applications with Snowflake
Candidates can explore each section to prepare for the Snowflake SnowPro Core certification exam. However, reading the documentation alone can take a lot of time without any targeted approach. Candidates must pair the documentation with the study guide or learning course to efficiently prepare for the exam questions.
If you feel comfortable with your exam preparation, it is time to put your Snowflake knowledge to the test. Whizlabs offers two full-length mock exams to help you assess your strength and weaknesses. To perform well in the proctored Snowflake SnowPro core exam questions, try to ace these practice tests.
Candidates can also attend Snowflake webinars covering various product demos, virtual hands-on labs, and sharing key business insights. Webinars are delivered periodically by Snowflake employees and other industry experts, having diverse experience.
Snowflake has a vibrant community of enthusiastic data cloud professionals who are always willing to guide aspiring developers and candidates. If you don’t understand anything about the Snowflake SnowPro Core certification exam, these professionals might have already answered your queries here.
Snowpro Core Recertification
There is a recertification for Snowflake Snowpro Core Certification exam. This exam can be taken by only those who have the valid Snowpro Core Certification at the time of applying for the recertification. The exam format has little variation for this exam, but the study guide and preparation techniques remain the same.
Here is the exam details:
- Approximate Number of Questions: 60
- Unscored Content: Exams may include unscored items to gather statistical information. These items are not identified on the form and do not affect your score, and additional time is factored into account for this content.
- Question Types: Multiple Select, Multiple Choice, True/False
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Language: English
- Registration Fee: $88 USD
- Passing Score: 750 + on Scaled Scoring from 0 – 1000
You can find more details here.
In this post, we have discussed all aspects of preparing for the Snowflake SnowPro Core certification exam. Candidates must acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge of managing, monitoring, developing, and deploying Snowflake solutions to pass this exam.
With all this preparation, the only thing left for you is to schedule the Snowflake SnowPro certification exam. If you’re ready to schedule your Snowflake SnowPro certification exam, click here.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – An Ultimate Guide for Beginners - June 17, 2022
- 25 Free Questions on Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop : AZ-140 - April 26, 2022
- NEW Questions & Answers on Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer Exam - March 16, 2022
- Free Questions for Exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst - March 4, 2022
- Top 11 Highest Paying Freelance Jobs in USA - January 19, 2022
- How to Prepare for the Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification Exam? - January 17, 2022
- Google Cloud Engineer Salary In 2022 - January 17, 2022
- New AWS Exam: SAP on AWS certification [UPDATED] - January 14, 2022