Are you looking to take your cloud-native development skills to the next level? then you need to check out DP-420 exam on Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB certification which is a great option. This DP-420 certification exam tests your ability to design, implement, and manage cloud-native applications using Azure Cosmos DB.
In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know about the DP-420 certification, including the exam overview, the detailed syllabus, and how to prepare for the exam.
All about DP-420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification
The DP-420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification is an advanced-level certificate exam by Microsoft Azure. It helps you learn how to create, configure, and manage databases and containers. You also need to be able to work with data in Azure Cosmos DB, including how to query and update data.
Once you have a strong understanding of Azure Cosmos DB, you’ll need to put that knowledge to use by designing and implementing a cloud-native application. This application must use Azure Cosmos DB as its data store, and it must be able to scale horizontally.
For an DP-420 certification, your responsibilities for this role includes:
- Planning and executing data models and data administration
- Stacking information into an Azure Cosmos DB database
- Improving and maintaining the solution
The topics covered in this exam include:
- Creating and configuring a Cosmos DB account
- Creating and configuring databases and containers
- Querying data
- Managing data
- Partitioning data
- Backup and restore
Also Read: A complete Beginner’s Guide on Azure Cosmos DB
What skills can you expect from the DP-420 Azure Cosmos DB certification?
The DP-420 certification is designed to help you develop the skills you need to successfully manage data lakes. The certification covers a range of topics, including:
- Data governance
- Data management
- Data security, and
- Data analytics
With this certification, you can expect to have the skills to:
- Administer and deploy Data Protection Manager (DPM)
- Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
- You will also learn how to protect on-premises and Azure workloads
- How to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
This certification is a great way to show your employers that you have the skills they need to protect their data. By earning the DP-420 certification, you will demonstrate your ability to effectively manage data lakes and help organizations reap the benefits of their data.
Also Know: Microsoft Azure Certification Path Updated in 2022
Who should take the DP-420 Certification Exam?
After all this, you will be curious to know who should take the DP-420 Certification Exam?
DP-420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification can be the ideal achievement if you are:
- Programming engineers who are responsible for making cloud-native arrangements utilizing the Azure Cosmos DB SQL API and its various SDKs.
- knowledge and experience composing code that connects with a SQL or NoSQL database
- Candidates who are keen on Data Engineering
- Application Developers
Why should you take the DP-420 Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification exam?
DP-420 certification offers uncountable career benefits as Software Developer, Data Engineer, Solution Architect. While there is no definite answer, the consensus is that those with the DP-420 Cosmos DB certification earn a higher salary than those without it.
The average salary for a certified DP-420 Cosmos DB professional is $120,000. However, salaries can range from $75,000 to $200,000, depending on experience and location. The reason for this is that the certification demonstrates your expertise in the field, which is highly sought-after by employers.
Here comes the list of average yearly salary that certified DP-420 Cosmos professional, earn by country wise:
- USA: $ 74373
- India: $ 40037
Did You Know: What Are the Top Paying Microsoft Azure Certifications in 2022?
DP-420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Exam Overview
Here is a quick view of the DP-420: Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification exam overview:
In addition, there is no retirement date for this DP-420 exam.
Prerequisites of the DP-420 exam
You need not bother with any earlier hands-on experience or abilities to be qualified for the DP-420 certification. Even though Microsoft records a couple of subjects and basics that you want to cover before you get on board with that fleeting trend.
In order to pass the exam, you need to have a strong understanding of the technology and be able to apply it in a real-world scenario.
There are no formal prerequisites for the exam, but it is recommended that you have experience working with data lakes, big data, and cloud services. The capacity to compose code to connect and perform operations on a SQL or NoSQL database.
DP- 420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Exam Domain
The DP-420 certification exam covers four domains and carries specific weightage in the exam. Here is what the breakup looks like:
|Implementing and designing data models||35-40%|
|Implementing and designing data distribution||5-10%|
|Integrating an Azure Cosmos DB Solution||5-10%|
|Optimizing an Azure Cosmos DB Solution||15-20%|
|Maintaining an Azure Cosmos DB Solution||25-30%|
Each of these above domains has several subtopics that includes:
Implementing and designing data models (35-40%)
Designing and implementing a non-relational data model for Azure Cosmos DB Core API
A data partitioning strategy designing for Azure Cosmos DB Core API
Planning and implement sizing and scaling for a database created with Azure Cosmos DB
Implementation of client connectivity options in the Azure Cosmos DB SDK
Implementing data access by using the Azure Cosmos DB SQL language
Implementing data access by using SQL API SDKs
Implementing and designing data distribution (5-10%)
Implementing & Designing a replication strategy for Azure Cosmos DB
Designing and implementing multi-region write
Integrating an Azure Cosmos DB Solution (5–10%)
Enable Azure Cosmos DB analytical workloads
Implementing solutions across services
Optimizing an Azure Cosmos DB Solution (15–20%)
Query performance Optimizing in Azure Cosmos DB Core API
Design and implementation change feeds for an Azure Cosmos DB Core API
Define and implementing an indexing strategy for an Azure Cosmos DB Core API
Maintaining an Azure Cosmos DB Solution (25–30%)
Monitor and troubleshoot an Azure Cosmos DB solution
Implementing a backup and restore for an Azure Cosmos DB solution
Implementing a security for an Azure Cosmos DB solution
Implementing data movement for an Azure Cosmos DB solution
Implementation of a DevOps process for an Azure Cosmos DB solution
Study materials to refer for DP-420 exam
One of the most important things you can do to prepare for any exam is to make sure you understand the material inside and out. To that end, we recommend starting with the official study guide from Microsoft. This guide covers all the essential topics you will need to know for the exam, and it is a great way to get a better sense of the overall structure of the exam.
To begin with, explore the learning path of Microsoft Azure. Here we have list of learning path that includes:
- Azure Cosmos DB SQL API
- Planning & Implementing Azure Cosmos DB SQL API
- Connecting with Azure Cosmos DB with the SDK feature
- Managing & Accessing data with Azure Cosmos DB SQL API SDK’s
- Query Execution in Cosmos DB
- Indexing Strategy implementation for Azure Cosmos DB
- Integrating Azure Cosmos DB with Azure Services
- Replication strategy & partition strategy in Azure Cosmos DB
- Optimizing query & performance operation
- Troubleshooting & monitoring
- Managing Azure Cosmos DB with Devops Practices
- Creation of server-side programming constructs
Second, you can go through instructor-led video courses DP-420T00: Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB where you can go through deeper concepts into creating applications using the SQL API and Azure Cosmos DB’s SDK.
In addition, you can even learn to write SQL queries, create indexing policies and perform common operations with the SDK.
Third, when you wrap up with the theoretical review guides and instructional videos, you can continue to attend DP-420 exam questions practice papers. The best way to prepare for any exam is to simulate the experience as closely as possible. That means taking practice exams under timed conditions and really pushing yourself to see how much you can remember and apply under pressure.
You will find various DP-420 practice test questions dumps distributed by many companies. However, it is smarter to begin with Microsoft’s example questions. After you are happy with the example practice results, step through the counterfeit exam presented by Microsoft’s test sandbox. They offer a genuine test environment, empowering you to evaluate your exhibition.
Fourth, if you wish to get a place to start. Moreover, Microsoft video courses likewise include practical skills on the DP-420 exam. Github’s hands-on labs for DP-420 are good hands-on labs to assist you with better grasping client commitment abilities. You can likewise look at Microsoft’s Learn Community, a gathering where you can interface with experts and specialists and ask questions.
These materials can help you understand specific concepts and learn tips and tricks for answering questions on the exam. By following these steps, you can be sure you are adequately prepared for the DP-420 exam and ready to achieve success.
How to start preparing for the DP-420 exam?
Here are the few tips to get you started in DP-420 exam:
- First, make sure you have a good understanding of the basics of data protection. You should know the different types of data protection and how they work.
- Next, you need to brush up on your skills in identifying and classifying data. This will be important for the exam, as you will need to identify which data needs to be protected and how.
- Once you have the basics down, start studying for the exam in earnest. There are plenty of study guides and practice exams available online, so make use of them.
- Get hands-on experience. There is no better way to prepare for the exam than by getting some hands-on experience with the technologies you will be tested on. If you have access to a lab, try to get some practice time in.
- Make a study schedule. Once you have all your study materials, it is time to make a study schedule. It is important to give yourself enough time to study, so don’t try to cram everything at the last minute.
- Take DP-420 practice exams. One of the best ways to prepare for the exam is to take practice exams. This will help you identify the areas where you need to focus on.
If you follow these tips, you should be well on your way to acing the DP-420 exam.
I hope this DP-420 Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification preparation guide assists you with clearing the exam. If you are looking to deepen your understanding of data lakes and put your skills to the test. Whizlabs also offers the package that includes a study guide, practice tests, and online courses.
The study guide covers all the topics you need to know for the exam, and the practice tests help you gauge your knowledge and skills. The online course is a great way to get hands-on experience with the technology.
If you have any further doubts on the DP-420 preparation guide, feel free to comment us.
- Preparation Guide on DP-420 Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications Using Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Certification - September 12, 2022
- Preparation guide on MB-910: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM) Certification Exam - August 5, 2022
- Snowflake Certifications – Which snowflake certification is best for you? - July 11, 2022
- All you need to know about Certified Ethical Hacker Certification - June 16, 2022
- What are Hands-On Labs? A beginner’s guide to Hands-on Labs - May 17, 2022
- 25 Free Question on Salesforce Administrator Certification - April 26, 2022
- Free Questions on Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions: AZ-305 - April 13, 2022
- Updated Free Questions on Microsoft Power Platform Developer (PL-400) - March 30, 2022