The new AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam is available from March 23, 2020. Here is the definitive guide for new AWS CSAA exam preparation that will help aspirants to achieve the certification.
Amazon has been the frontrunner of the public cloud landscape with its cloud offering, Amazon Web Services (AWS). In addition, AWS has ensured continuous improvisation in its certifications to ensure that professionals are fluent in the latest innovations introduced by AWS in its product portfolio. Recently on 25th February 2020, a post on the official website of AWS stated that the new version of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam would be available, beginning on 23rd March 2020.
Candidates have to note that they can take the previous version of the exam only until 22nd March 2020. So, it’s time for candidates to know more about the exam and enroll in new AWS CSAA exam preparation courses! Candidates should reflect on the format of the new exam and identify the important requirements for the exam. In addition, candidates should also learn important steps to prepare effectively for the exam. The following information serves an outline of a preparation guide for new AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam.
New Version of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam
The new AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification exam (SAA-C02) will be the benchmark for starting a career as an AWS Solutions Architect. The AWS CSAA 2020 exam is suitable for candidates having skills for designing AWS systems with higher availability, fault tolerance, and scalability. The exam also tests the abilities for candidates to ensure cost-effectiveness in the design of AWS systems.
One of the foremost details for new AWS CSAA exam preparation is the outline of abilities tested in the certification. Candidates should know about the abilities validated by the new AWS CSAA exam to gauge the level of difficulty. Most important of all, candidates can get an overall impression of the objectives of the new version of the exam. Here are the three abilities tested in the new AWS CSAA exam.
- Effective demonstration of knowledge in architecture and deployment of applications on AWS technologies with higher security and resilience.
- Definition of AWS solutions by leveraging architectural design principles in accordance with customer requirements.
- Ability to provide guidance on the best practices of implementation of AWS solutions to an organization throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Requirements for the New AWS CSAA Exam
The next important aspect for ensuring effective new AWS CSAA exam preparation refers to the requirements for the exam. Candidates should note that AWS does not have any specific prerequisites for candidates to appear for its certification exams. However, AWS does present some requirements of recommended knowledge and experience that can improve the chances of success of the candidate. Here is an outline of the set of recommended knowledge and experience requirements for the new AWS CSAA 2020 exam.
- Practical experience in the use of Compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services.
- Practical experience regarding AWS deployment and management services.
- Skills for identification and definition of technical requirements for AWS-based applications.
- Skills for identification of AWS services that align with a specific technical requirement.
- Knowledge regarding best practices for the development of applications on AWS platforms with higher security and reliability.
- Comprehensive understanding of the basic architectural principles for the development of solutions on the AWS Cloud.
- Detailed knowledge of the AWS global infrastructure.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network technologies and their relevance to AWS.
- Understanding of security features and tools provided by AWS and their parallels with traditional services.
Details about the New AWS CSAA Exam
Now, candidates should take the next important step in the new AWS CSAA exam preparation by knowing the exam details. The exam details such as format, languages, and registration fees of the exam are an integral part of every exam preparation guide. The preparation guide for the new AWS CSAA exam would show that the exam would follow a multiple-choice, multiple-answer format.
Candidates have to take the exam at a testing center, which they have to schedule while registering for the exam. The duration of the new version of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Exam will be $150 USD. Candidates can avail the exam in four different languages such as English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean.
Domains Covered in the New AWS CSAA Exam
The most crucial step for better new AWS CSAA exam preparation is to observe the major domains in which the exam would test the abilities of candidates. The information about domains in the new AWS CSAA exam can help candidates focus their preparations on the exact topics needed for the exam. The new AWS CSAA exam contains the following domains.
- Designing AWS architecture with high resilience.
- Design of architectures with high performance.
- Designing applications and architectures with higher security.
- Designing architectures with cost-optimization.
This preparation guide for the new AWS CSAA exam would also outline the subtopics explored in each domain. In addition, information about the weightage for individual domains can also help candidates find the important domains.
Designing AWS Architecture with High Resilience
The first domain deals with the design of highly resilient architectures and accounts for almost 30% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain include the following.
- Designing a multi-tier architecture solution.
- Designing highly available and fault-tolerant architectures.
- Design of decoupling mechanisms by leveraging AWS services.
- Selection of appropriate storage with higher resilience.
Design of Architectures with High Performance
The second important domain in the new AWS CSAA exam deals with the design of high-performing architectures. This domain covers around 28% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics included in this domain are as follows.
- Identification of elastic and scalable compute solutions according to a workload.
- Selection of storage solutions for specific workloads with higher performance and scalability.
- Selection of networking solutions for specific workloads with higher performance.
- Selection of high-performance database solutions for specific workloads.
Designing Applications and Architectures with Higher Security
The third important domain for new AWS CSAA exam preparation deals with the design of applications and architectures with higher security. This domain accounts for almost 24% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows.
- Designing secure access to AWS resources.
- Designing a secure application tiers.
- Selection of relevant data security options.
Design of Cost-optimized Architecture
The fourth significant domain in the new AWS CSAA exam refers to the design of cost-optimized architecture. The domain accounts for almost 18% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows.
- Identification of cost-effective storage solutions.
- Identification of cost-effective compute and database services.
- Designing cost-optimized network architectures.
A closer observation of the domains can improve the new AWS CSAA exam preparation of candidates considerably. Most important of all, candidates can understand all the content updated in different domains of the CSAA exam, particularly in the case of databases, security, and cost optimization.
Therefore, candidates have to step up their preparations to keep up with the rapid pace of innovation on the AWS platform. In addition, the information about domains of the new AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam helps candidates stay updated with the new best practices for architecture on AWS Cloud.
You can take the old AWS Solutions Architect exam until June 30, 2020. So, if you’re preparing for the old version of the AWS CSAA exam, follow this comprehensive guide for the AWS Solutions Architect (SAA-C01) certification exam preparation and get ready for the exam.
Steps to Prepare for the New AWS CSAA Exam
Apart from gaining information about all the above-mentioned aspects related to the new AWS CSAA exam, candidates have to follow specific steps to prepare effectively for the exam. The following steps in the preparation guide for the new AWS Solutions Architect Associate Exam can help candidates find the right course for their preparations.
Access the Official Website of the New AWS CSAA Exam
The first step for every candidate to start their new AWS CSAA exam preparation is to visit the official AWS website. Candidates should access the official page of the new AWS CSAA exam with the code SAA-C02. The page is an excellent source of information regarding the new AWS CSAA exam.
In addition, the official page is also a reliable source of any new updates regarding the exam. It is very important to stay updated with every aspect of the exam if you don’t want to fall back in your preparations.
Follow the Exam Guide
The next crucial step in the new AWS CSAA exam preparation for a candidate is to download the exam guide. The exam guide is available for download through a direct link on the official page of the AWS CSAA certification. In addition, candidates should also download the sample questions through the direct link on the official AWS website.
An exam guide is a critical tool for empowering the preparation of candidates as it helps in maintaining a record of the progress of their preparations. Most important of all, it tells candidates what type of questions and the topics that they have to learn for the exam.
The sample questions can further simplify the picture for candidates by helping them identify the format of the exam. Candidates should reflect on the format and how the topics in the exam domains are fabricated into questions. Subsequently, candidates can find a definite direction for their preparations for the new AWS CSAA exam.
Explore the Recommended AWS Learning Paths
After studying the exam guide and sample questions, candidates should explore the recommended AWS learning paths for the exam. The recommended AWS learning paths can help candidates build their technical skills required for the exam. You can find three classroom training courses in the AWS learning path for the new AWS CSAA exam. The three classroom courses are as follows.
- AWS Technical Essentials.
- Architecting on AWS.
- Architecting on AWS- Accelerator.
Candidates can also try to explore the full Architect learning path on the official website of AWS in later stages.
Also Read: Which AWS Certification Should I Choose?
Read the Recommended AWS Whitepapers and FAQs
Learning resources are an inevitable aspect of the preparation of every candidate for any exam. The most reliable learning resources for the new AWS CSAA exam preparation are the AWS whitepapers and FAQs. Interestingly, AWS provides candidates with links to all recommended whitepapers for the new AWS CSAA exam on its “AWS Well-Architected” webpage.
Candidates can go through the list of AWS whitepapers and understand the different common issues and questions related to topics in the exam. The candidates should also focus on the FAQs related to AWS services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon VPC, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Route 53, and Amazon SQS.
Here is the recommended list of topics the candidate should focus on during the new AWS CSAA exam preparation:
- AWS Global Accelerator
- AWS DataSync.
- Placement groups – Spread vs. cluster vs. partition
- AWS Organizations.
- AWS Resource Access Manager
- AWS Database Migration Service
- Prevent circumvention of Amazon CloudFront; e.g. Origin Access Identity (OAI) or signed URLs / signed cookies.
- Amazon FSx with HPC use cases
- FSx for Windows and Lustre
- Improve Amazon S3 performance using CloudFront, and byte-range fetches – Refer this.
- Different Auto Scaling policies – Target Tracking Policies.
- Difference between Elastic Network Adapters (ENAs), Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs) and Elastic Fabric Adapters (EFAs).
- Assign IAM policies to ECS for providing S3 access
- VPC peering vs. VPC endpoint
- PrivateLink vs. ClassicLink.
- Amazon CloudFront (Origin Access Identity (OAI) or signed URLs / signed cookies)
- Encrypting an existing RDS database
Online Training Courses are a Helpful Choice
The direction of a candidate in the new AWS CSAA exam preparation should always receive the support of training. Training courses enhance the probability of success of candidates considerably due to various factors.
First of all, they provide easy access to learning resources such as tutorial videos and demo labs by subject matter experts.
The next significant advantage of online certification training courses is the ease of availability and convenience. Candidates can easily manage their professional and personal lives while finding time to prepare for the new AWS CSAA exam conveniently with online training courses.
Reliable online certification training course providers such as Whizlabs can be the perfect option for strengthening your preparation.
AWS itself offers the “Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate” course in two different formats. The two formats are classroom training and free digital training. Candidates can review sample questions of each topic area and learn about the interpretation of concepts underlying the questions.
Use Practice Tests to Improve Your Skills
Once you complete online training courses for the new AWS CSAA exam, you can feel confident enough to take the exam. However, candidates should take some time and test their skills in practice tests for the AWS CSAA exam. Practice tests are a promising instrument for understanding the exam environment before actually sitting for an exam.
The next important reason to choose practice tests is the opportunity for understanding and improving acquaintance with the exam’s format.
Most important of all, practice tests are the best tool for candidates to implement their learning in practice and evaluate their own strengths and weaknesses. Gradually, candidates can resolve their weaknesses and ensure better chances of qualifying the new AWS CSAA exam.
Have any questions regarding the new AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam? Just write in Whizlabs Forum and get answers by the industry experts.
Are You Ready to Pass the New AWS CSAA Exam?
So, now you could start preparing for the new AWS certified solutions architect associate certification exam with confidence. The new AWS CSAA exam preparation could improve further with participation in the AWS learning community. There are many study groups and online communities for aspiring AWS professionals, which can help you discover unique insights regarding the exam.
In addition, candidates should also choose reliable online certification training providers for reliable training for the exam. Most important of all, candidates should also remember not to stress too much for the exam. Take good care of your health and diet to make sure that you travel the journey till the destination. Now is the right time to take the first move and start your preparations for the new AWS CSAA exam right now. Join our AWS CSAA online training course and get ready to become an AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
- Getting Started – AWS IoT Tutorial - August 28, 2020
- Top 10 Machine Learning Tools - August 12, 2020
- How did I Pass AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam? - July 29, 2020
- List of Top AWS Machine Learning Tools - July 17, 2020
- Advance Your Career with AWS Certification - July 16, 2020