Are you planning to take the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam? If it is yes, then this will be your right guide to begin your career as a entry-level IT professionals. Taking CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) certification helps the candidate to know how to work, control, and troubleshoot problems with the usage of software and operating systems.
In this guide, we have detailed the objectives of the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam, how to prepare for CompTIA A+ (220-1102) exam and prerequisites needed for taking CompTIA A+ (220-1102). And provide detailed data on CompTIA A+ (220-1102) domains and its weightage.
And also added some key study tips to enhance the exam preparation process.
Let’s dive in!
All about CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification
CompTIA A+ (220-1102) is an entry-level certification. The CompTIA A+ exam covers the key topics such as Computer hardware, Windows and Unix-based operating systems and Basics of networking.
Like other CompTIA certifications, the CompTIA A+ is considered vendor-agnostic, which means its lessons will be the same for any manufacturer or OS.
For the IT managers, CompTIA A+ 220-1102 training can help to onboard new technical support specialists, organized into CompTIA reference resources or individual or team training plans.
What are the skills you will gain from the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) certification?
By taking the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) certification, the individual can be able to master with the following skills:
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer equipment, mobile devices, and software for end users
- Service components on the basis of customer needs
- Understanding the networking fundamentals and application of basic cybersecurity methods to mitigate threats
- Diagnose, rectify , and document common hardware and software issues
- Application of troubleshooting skills and customer support by means of appropriate communication skills
- Knowing the basics of scripting, virtualization, cloud technologies and multi-OS deployments in corporate environments
Who should take the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam?
The CompTIA A+ certification specifically covers the fundamentals of hardware, software, and troubleshooting.And it suits for a wide range of professionals, including:
- IT support technicians
- Field service technicians
- Desktop support analysts
- Data support technicians
- Junior IT administrators
- IT support specialists
- IT support engineers
- IT consultants
- IT professionals who want to begin their career in the IT field
- IT professionals who want to add credential to their resume
- IT professionals who want to learn about latest hardware, software and troubleshooting concepts
Having the CompTIA A+ certification can help you in the job market because it is a highly preferred credential by many firms and their employers. An employer searching for entry-level IT personnel will value the professional’s ability to configure, deploy, and diagnose hardware and software technologies if they have this A+ certification. It serves as a strong foundation for people who intend to eventually pursue other IT certifications.
Why to take the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification
By taking the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification, the candidate can be able to showcase their knowledge and skills to their employers or clients about installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware issues within the organization.
The candidate appearing for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification can be able to advance their career as many of the organizations seeking for technical support and IT operational roles.
Some job roles that use A+ certifications such as Support Specialists, Field Service Technicians and Desktop Support Analysts can get high pay in compared with other certifications. And their salaries are given as follows: Support Specialists – Avg. $54,500/yr, Field Service Technicians (avg. $46,000/yr.) and Desktop Support Analysts (avg. $60,000/yr.)
What will you learn from the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam?
By undertaking the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam, the candidate can be able to learn the following topics and they are:
- Hardware: Identification, usage, and connecting hardware components and devices, which requires broad knowledge about different devices necessary to aid remote workforce.
- Operating systems: Install and support the Windows OS such as command line & client support. System configuration imaging, troubleshooting for Mac OS, Chrome OS, Android and Linux OS can be learned.
- Software troubleshooting: The candidate can be able to learn how to troubleshoot the PC and mobile device issues such as common OS, malware and security issues.
- Networking: Learn about the various types of networks and connections such as WIFI , TCP/IP, and SOHO
- Troubleshooting: The candidate can be able to learn how to carry out troubleshooting in real-world device and network issues in quicker and efficient way.
- Security: Identification and protection against the various security vulnerabilities for the devices and its network connections.
- Mobile devices: Installation and configuration of laptops and mobile devices and support applications to attain connectivity for the end- users.
- Virtualization and cloud computing: Compare and contrast the cloud computing concepts and setting up virtualization in client-side.
- Operational procedures: Follow best practices for environmental impacts, safety, and communication and professionalism.
And also they will learn about:
- How to set up, configure, and maintain the end-user applications, mobile devices, and PCs
- How to identify, address, and record hardware and software issues in secured manner
- How to apply troubleshooting abilities
- How to Navigate, use, and manage different operating systems
- Learn about networking and security forensics fundamentals
- Learn the basics of deployment, virtualization, desktop imaging,and scripting.
Prerequisites of CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam
To be eligible for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 Certification, the candidate must posses the skills and knowledge on the following:
- Basic familiarity with computers and networks
- Candidate should have 6-12 months of hands-on experience in the following role such as help desk support, desktop support technician, or field service technician
Exam Format for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam
Exam Domain for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam
CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam has four domains. The domains and its weightage were shown in the below table:
- Identification of basic features of Microsoft Windows editions.
- Given a scenario, usage of the Microsoft command-line tool
- Given a scenario, usage of features and tools of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system (OS)
- Given a scenario, usage of Microsoft Windows 10 Control Panel utility
- Given a scenario, usage of appropriate Windows settings.
- Given a scenario, configuration of networking features of Microsoft Windows on a client/desktop
- Given a scenario, application of application installation and configuration concepts
- Explanation on common OS types and its purposes
- Given a scenario, carry out OS installations and make upgrades in a diverse OS environment
- Identification of common features as well as tools of MacOS/desktop OS
- Identification of common features as well as tools of Linux client/desktop OS
- Summarize various security measures and its purposes
- Comparison and contrast the wireless security protocols and authentication methods
- Given a scenario,find, remove, and prevent malware with usage of appropriate tools and methods
- Explanation of common social-engineering attacks, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Given a scenario, management and configuration of basic security settings in Microsoft Windows OS
- Given a scenario, configuration of workstation to attain best practices for security
- Explanation of common methods for safeguarding the mobile and embedded devices
- Given a scenario, usage of common data destruction and disposal methods
- Given a scenario, configuration of appropriate wireless and wired networks security settings on small office/home office (SOHO)
- Given a scenario, installation and configuration of browsers and security settings
- Given a scenario, troubleshooting common personal computer (PC) security issues
- Given a scenario, usage of best practice procedures for removal of malware
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot mobile OS and application issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot security issues of mobile OS and application
- Given a scenario, applying best practices integrated with documentation and information management of support systems
- Explanation on basic change management best practices
- Given a scenario, application of backup and recovery methods for workstation
- Given a scenario, usage of common safety procedures
- Explaining environmental impacts as well as local environmental controls
- Explaining the significance of prohibited activity and privacy, licensing, and policy concepts
- Given a scenario, usage of apt communication techniques and professionalism
- Identification of scripting basics
- Given a scenario, usage of remote access technologies
Study materials to refer for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam
Download the CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1102) Certification Study Guide and get familiar with the exam objectives, domains, skills required and so on. Once you are familiar with the exam domains, then it is easy to ace the challenges persist with the CompTIA A+ exam.
Second, the instructor-led videos are found as effective resources to get in-depth knowledge about the CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1102) Certification and you can interact with the CompTIA community. It can be used as sole study resource to get a solid understanding of A+ skills.
Third, practice tests can help you while stepping into last minute preparation and it provides finishing touch. If you want to attempt the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam without any fear, then keep on attempting more practice tests.
Also read: Free Questions On CompTIA A+ (220-1102) Core 2 Certification
Fourth, books like CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) and Core 2 (220-1102) Cert Guide are effective study resources to get in-depth knowledge about the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam and to get detailed information about the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) domains.
You can also check out with the CompTIA Community, to clarify your doubts and to get more ideas from them.
Preparation tips for CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) Certification exam
The following are some of the hints offered to reduce the complexity of the SC-100 exam:
- Download the study guide and other necessary materials from the CompTIA official website, and make sure you understand the test’s goal. Revise the domains and their weightage in a clear manner, then adjust your plan.
- Make a calendar and schedule some time to go over each of the subtopics. Avoid skipping topics and try to complete them all.
- Try out several practice exams to gauge your level of understanding. It can also help you pass the exam by improving time management. Try out several practice exams, and by adhering to the timings, you can pass those exams.
- Watch as many YouTube webinars as you can to know more about CompTIA A+ exam and its module. And make an effort to continually revise it in order to learn more.
- By constantly attempting different sample papers, you can identify your weak areas and try to concentrate on them. By doing a self-evaluation through practice exams, one can easily determine their strongest and weakest areas.
- The easiest way to study for tests is to complete the full topic before taking the mock exams. It’s not a good idea to skip any subtopics, and doing so will help you get good grades.
- Try to view more videos because they can improve your grades by assisting you in better understanding the concepts.And finally once you get confident, attempt the exam and you will definitely pass the exam.
Q: What kind of questions are asked in the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam?
A: It comprises a total of 90 questions which includes Multiple choice, multiple response, performance based, and drag and drop questions.
Q: What is CompTIA A+ (220-1102) Core 2 Certification ?
A: CompTIA A+ is considered one of the major certifications for starting a career in IT. It is the Industry Standard that jet launches IT careers in the digital world. The CompTIA A+ (220-1102) Core 2 Certification enables you to perform spontaneous critical IT support tasks and end-point management.
Q: What are the skills you can gain from CompTIA A+ (220-1102) Core 2 Certification ?
A: You can become familiar with the technologies such as Cloud, Security, Data Management, and more. And also it enables you to demonstrate core security skills.
Q: Is CompTIA A+ is good for beginners?
A: Yes! CompTIA A+ is an excellent entry-level certification for people who want to know more about computer hardware and diagnose motherboards.
Salary for CompTIA A+ certified candidate
According to Payscale.com, the CompTIA A+ certified candidate can be able to get median salary of $ 69 k per year. Based on the experience and location, it may differs.
What’s next after the CompTIA A+ certification?
The CompTIA A+ is often the first of several certifications IT specialists receive throughout their careers. You may decide to transition into an IT specialisation like networking, cybersecurity, or cloud computing as the A+ certification is fairly general. In these subjects, numerous other credible organisations in addition to CompTIA provide more advanced certificates.
I hope this article will help you understand on how to get your CompTIA A+ 220-1102 Certification. Taking the aforementioned factors into account while taking the exam will help you do better in the end. You could become perplexed about which study materials to use to get trustworthy sources..
At Whizlabs, we strive to provide the best preparation resources for the CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) exam. Our offerings include hands-on labs, cloud sandbox environments, free practice tests, and video courses to ensure that you have the tools you need to succeed. These resources are designed to help you evaluate your progress and identify areas that need improvement. We hope that this guide will be of great help to you as you prepare for the Core 2 exam.
If you have any further questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
- How to make highly available websites with the usage of AWS Global Infrastructure? - May 18, 2023
- Top Cybersecurity Certifications for Beginners - May 8, 2023
- How to prepare for MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams? - April 5, 2023
- Examining the future of cybersecurity and importance of SC-100 certification - March 27, 2023
- Preparation Guide on Certified Information System Security Professional(CISSP) Exam - February 17, 2023
- Preparation Guide on SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Exam - February 6, 2023
- What is Devsecops? - January 30, 2023
- Preparation Guide on CompTIA A+ 220-1102 (Core 2) - January 27, 2023