There is no doubt that Apache Spark is extremely popular in the big data community. This popularity is meet by demand for Apache Spark developers. Also, it is easy to find hundreds of online resources to improve your knowledge as Spark is open source.
Even though you have practical working knowledge around Apache Spark and its associated technologies, companies prefer to hire candidates who have an Apache Spark Certification. Good news is that there are plenty of Apache Spark Certifications you can do to become eligible for the Apache Spark related jobs. However, before we get started, let’s uncover the reasons why you need an Apache Spark certification.
What are the Reasons to Become a Certified Spark Developer?
Although the list is too big, some of the reasons to become a certified Spark developer are:
- Apache Spark is extremely popular, and if you are thinking of starting a career in big data, you need to get the best spark certification possible.
- Once you get certified through spark certification training, you now have the validation of your skills which almost all the companies look for.
- Spark certification preparation is easy to acquire because there are multiple ways you can get certified.
- Getting certified gives you a distinct edge over your peers.
5 Best Apache Spark Certification
1. HDP Certified Apache Spark Developer
Hortonworks HDP certified Apache Spark developer is one of the best certifications that you can get. In this certification, your knowledge on Spark Core and Data Frames will be tested. Also, the exam is not a simple multiple-choice question exam as you need to use your skills to perform programming tasks on Spark cluster.
Duration: 2 hours
Also Read: 10 Best Books for Learning Apache Spark
2. Databricks Certification for Apache Spark
Databricks certification for Apache Spark is relatively different compared to the HDP certification we just discussed. To excel in this certification, you need to know either Scala or Python. This certification tests your overall knowledge about Apache Spark. All the questions are programming related, and you get only 90 minutes to complete all of them.
Duration: 1 hr. 30 mins.
Official Page: https://databricks.com/spark/certification
3. O’Reilly Developer Certification for Apache Spark
If you want to stand out of the crowd, O’Reilly developer certification for Apache Spark is a good choice. It has been launched with the collaboration of Databricks and O’Reilly. It is similar to the Databricks certification. However, it does have some input from the media editorial team at O’Reilly.
Duration: 1 hr. 30 mins.
Official Page: http://www.oreilly.com/data/sparkcert
4. Cloudera Spark and Hadoop Developer
Cloudera offers yet another Apache Spark certification. This certification is a little different from others as it also consists of Hadoop technology. If you think that you want to work on two tools simultaneously and want to showcase your skills to the employers, you can go with this certification. In this certification, you will be tested on a diverse number of topics including Flume, HDFS, Spark with Scala and Python, Avro, Sqoop, Avro, and Impala. Also, the questions asked in the certification test are not the multiple choice questions. They are based on programming aptitude and can be anywhere within the range of 10 to 15.
5. MapR Certified Spark Developer
The MapR certification is designed for one who is interested to work with Spark. It doesn’t matter whether you are a programmer, an engineer or a developer, the certification can help you evaluate your Spark skills. There are 60-80 questions in the exam with a focus on programming related tasks using production level Spark. You need to have both Java and Scala programming experience to pass this certification exam.
Duration: 2 hrs.
Official Page: https://mapr.com/training/certification/mcsd/
Great! You made it to the end. Now, you might be thinking which certification is for you? If you are looking for only Apache Spark certification, then go forward with the HDP Apache Spark certification as it focuses on testing your core Spark knowledge with the help of programming questions. However, there is an equal opportunity for those who also know Hadoop. In this case, the Cloudera Spark and Hadoop Developer certification can be a great choice as it tests your knowledge of both Spark and Hadoop.
These Apache Spark certifications are not free; so you should always prepare before appearing in the exam. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a working professional, preparation through an online course related to the certification can give you a better chance to succeed.
Do you have any questions? If so, don’t forget to comment below. We are listening!
Because of the fee associated with Apache spark certification exams, we encourage developers to prepare for the exams before trying to attempt them. You can check out the “Spark Developer Certification Training” by Whizlabs where 100% certification exam syllabus has been covered for the preparation of Apache Spark Certification exams.
- Top 25 Fresher Java Interview Questions - March 9, 2023
- 25 Free Practice Questions – GCP Certified Professional Cloud Architect - December 3, 2021
- 30 Free Questions – Google Cloud Certified Digital Leader Certification Exam - November 24, 2021
- 4 Types of Google Cloud Support Options for You - November 23, 2021
- APACHE STORM (2.2.0) – A Complete Guide - November 22, 2021
- Data Mining Vs Big Data – Find out the Best Differences - November 18, 2021
- Understanding MapReduce in Hadoop – Know how to get started - November 15, 2021
- What is Data Visualization? - October 22, 2021