PMI-ACP® certification is one of the well proven certifications for aspirants in agile field. Among many other certifications available currently in the market, PMI-ACP® has its edge due to wider coverage of content and PMI assurance. This makes it difficult for aspirant to decide on the resources one should use for preparation of this certification.
An important thing is, there is no one guide for ACP® as PMI® has for PMP®. As the demand for agile certified professionals is increasing, PMI-ACP® certification is preferred and in more demand to supply professionals with agile experience and knowledge.
Before starting actual certification preparation, one has to go through below resources without miss. With the new changes where bifurcation of domains has been done, it’s important to see the coverage of exam in the specific domains and plan for preparation.
- PMI-ACP® certification handbook available on PMI website. Handbook gives good details of what PMI-ACP® certification all about and the process for the same. It also covers eligibility criteria for the exam, see here.
- PMI-ACP® certification exam content outline. This document gives in depth about different domains of PMI-ACP® and its coverage. It also covers tools & techniques and Knowledge and skills part of PMI-ACP® exam. See the document here.
- PMI-ACP® certification reference books list. This one pager document is helpful in knowing the references for PMI-ACP® exam. As mentioned earlier PMI-ACP® is not having one guide, its important one knows about different references so that same can be referred on need basis. You can refer the other blog “How to prepare for ACP” to understand how much in deep one has to go into these reference books.
After going through above documents, one will be well versed with basics to decide which training provider to choose for PMI-ACP® training. Many of the training providers give their own reference material as there is no one source. That’s why it’s even more important to choose the training provider carefully.
While preparing for exam this resource will be used and referred back time and again. Whizlabs has well defined self-study training resource available for you. Self-Study mode helps to refer back the details whenever required. This course is designed as per new bifurcation of domains. It also gives you 203 pages eBook.
In addition to all above, it’s important to go through any one preparation guide at least once. Majority of the lessons learnt from PMI-ACP® certified professionals recommends the same too. There are many preparation guides are available in market these days. Mike Griffin and Andy Crowe prep books are famous. Many training providers claims no prep guide is required with their reference material. However a wise call can be taken after going through the training reference material.
The cycle of preparation has multiple loops between reading and testing. Mock tests are one resource which refine your preparation like anything. You prepare and test and go back to refine the gaps and again take tests. This resource should be used until you consistently score in mock exams. Mock exams should be chosen with outmost care as this is the one which will confirm you on your preparation level
Whizlabs has couple of options available. You can opt for the practice tests or tutorials. One is 20 questions free exam test, other one is full exam simulator of 240 questions and there is online course with PDF file at a nominal price
Just before the exam
Above all are required for either before or during extensive preparation schedule however there are few things to be noted and followed before exam. That is the time when going through books and guides will not help. One has to have the list of areas to emphasize before going for exam so that a focused approach can be followed. Below will help:
- Self-Notes – Make some notes during preparation to be referred at the end and refer the same in last two days of the exam
- Flash cards – many are available online for different agile flavours. Same can be used for a quick refresh of the concepts
- Short mocks for specific areas/topics – weak areas will be evident to self at this stage. Rather than over burdening. Just have some specific short mocks for those and go through the answers description
Preparing for PMI ACP® Certification? Pass in 1st attempt through Whizlabs PMI ACP® Course! Start with Free Trial!
- Top 10 Highest Paying Cloud Certifications in 2023 - March 1, 2023
- 12 AWS Certifications – Which One Should I Choose? - February 22, 2023
- 11 Kubernetes Security Best Practices you should follow in 2023 - May 30, 2022
- How to run Kubernetes on AWS – A detailed Guide! - May 30, 2022
- Free questions on CompTIA Network+ (N10-008) Certification Exam - April 13, 2022
- 25 Free Questions on Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals (AI-900) - March 25, 2022
- How to Integrate Jenkins with GitHub? - March 22, 2022
- How to Create CI/CD Pipeline Inside Jenkins ? - March 22, 2022