The OCPJP 8 certification is exam number 1Z0-809 and it is known as ‘Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer II’ exam. It can be taken only after having completed the exam 1Z0-808 or the ‘Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer’ exam.
The OCPJP certification or the ‘Oracle certified Professional Java programmer’ is the flagship certification for Java professionals. It is the “gold standard” of all the Java exams and it is one of the most significant of all Java certifications. It is also one of the few Java certifications that is most sought after by experienced as well as emerging Java professionals.
In this post we will present some of the resources that can be used in the preparation of the OCPJP 8 certification or exam number 1Z0-809. These resources will help you crack the exam with a good score:
1. Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer Exam 1Z0-809 by S.G. Ganesh , Hari Kiran Kumar, Tushar Sharma
This is one of the few books that is available to prepare exclusively for the OCPJP 8 certification. It has 13 chapters and covers all the exam topics completely. The first chapter is dedicated to answering FAQs relating to the exam and the remaining 12 chapters are devoted to covering the exam topics in length. Specific Java 8 features such as Lambda expressions , Stream API, Date API are covered. The last chapter is a mock exam which tests an individual’s grasp of the topics.
All chapters individually contain assessments to gauge the test taker. It also contains summaries to list the main points related to each chapter.
Apart from being a necessary book for the OCPJP 8 certification, this book is also a good read for professionals who would like to keep up with Java 8.
2. Oracle Certified Professional Java® SE 8 Programmer II STUDY GUIDE EXAM 1ZO-809 (SYBEX) by Jeanne Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff
This is another book that has been written with the primary aim of cracking the OCPJP exam with Java 8 at its core. The authors start with the basics of object oriented programming concepts and move onto other Java 8 topics such as “advanced strings, and localization Master IO, NIO, and JDBC with expert-led database practice” (Oracle Certified Professional Java® SE 8 Programmer II STUDY GUIDE EXAM 1ZO-809 (SYBEX) ) In addition, users of the book also have access to the online mock test from Sybex. There have been a number of successful users of this book who have passed the exam with flying colors.
3. Java 8 in Action by Mario Fusco, Alan Mycroft Raoul-Gabriel Urma
This book is by no means a certification study guide but it is a good book to read all about Java 8. Reading more about Java 8 and understanding it better will enhance your chances of cracking the exam. At 424 pages and priced at 439 ₹, this book is suitable for anyone who is interested in knowing more about Java 8 concepts. It is for the user who is interested in knowing more about Java 8 features such as “including default methods, Optional, CompletableFuture and the new Date and Time API” (Mario Fusco) and not for a new Java programmer.
4. Java 8 Programmer II Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-809 by Esteban Herrera
This book is available as a Kindle edition. Unlike other books for the certification exam this book is organized in a much more “natural” way and does not follow the normal certification topics path. This book is divided into nine parts and the first chapter begins by focusing on Class design. This is followed by Generics and Collections, Lambda expressions, Streams and Collections, Exceptions and Assertions, Date/Time API, Java I/O, Concurrency, JDBC and localization.
5. Oracle documentation and Javaranch.com
No discussion of the Java certification will be complete without stating the most obvious fact that one has to study from Oracle documentation itself. It has valuable resources and can be found at: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
Javaranch.com is another important resource for the OCPJP 8 exam. It is an ideal place to discuss doubts and queries regarding the exam. It can be found at: https://coderanch.com/f/24/java-programmer-OCPJP
6. Whizlabs OCPJP 8 Practice Test
The Whizlabs OCPJP 8 Practice Tests is another vital resource for the certification. Having served over 2 million users in over 125 countries, Whizlabs is a leader in Java certification training. The Whizlabs online course has
- Full length mock exam with over 600 questions
- Tips & Tricks
- Author’s Support for any query
They also provide objective based practice tests and an exhaustive explanation with every question.
Mario Fusco, A. M.-G. (n.d.). Java 8 in Action. Retrieved from amazon.in Oracle Certified Professional Java® SE 8 Programmer II STUDY GUIDE EXAM 1ZO-809 (SYBEX) . (n.d.). Retrieved from amazon.in
- 25 Free Practice Questions – GCP Certified Professional Cloud Architect - December 3, 2021
- 30 Free Questions – Google Cloud Certified Digital Leader Certification Exam - November 24, 2021
- 4 Types of Google Cloud Support Options for You - November 23, 2021
- APACHE STORM (2.2.0) – A Complete Guide - November 22, 2021
- Data Mining Vs Big Data – Find out the Best Differences - November 18, 2021
- Understanding MapReduce in Hadoop – Know how to get started - November 15, 2021
- What is Data Visualization? - October 22, 2021
- Microsoft Power Automate – Your Complete Guide - October 20, 2021