OCAJP 8 exam is the entry level Java certification exam. This exam is formerly known as Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA) exam. In this post, we will update you the information on what are the best and useful books that are available in the market for successful OCAJP 8 exam preparation.
It is important to buy a good book for studying the exam topics before you choose to purchase any good mock exam simulators like Whizlabs. The following are the good books available for the OCAJP 8 exam:
There are four books for OCAJP 8 exam:
- OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Guide by Mala Gupta
- A Programmer Guide to Java SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) by Khalid Mughal
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-808 eBook by Jeanne Boyarsky, Scott Selikoff
- OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide (Exam 1Z0-808) (Oracle Press) by Edward Finegan, Robert Liguori
Let’s have short review about the author and which book is most recommended for the OCAJP 8 preparation.
Check Now: Java Interview Questions and Answer
1. OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Guide by Mala Gupta
Mala Gupta is one of the best author for the Java certification preparation materials. Mala Gupta book is now considered as one of the best books for certification preparation with simple and easy to understand the concepts. Some of the readers compare Mala Gupta’s writing style with one of popular author for Java certification and creator of the Head First series Kathy Seira.
She has other books for OCAJP 7 and OCAPJP 7 exams. Also books published by Manning publication will be in the high quality. We would highly recommend this book for the OCAJP 8 certification preparation.
Note that this book is very recently released, so it is not available in all the countries. We could see this book is available in USA and not in India. We will update here once it is available in all the countries.
Buy OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Guide by Mala Gupta from Amazon Website.
2. A Programmer Guide to Java SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) by Khalid Mughal
Khalid Mughal is also one of the good author for the certification books. He has been writing for the certification exams for more than 15 years. His books are good in concepts and simple to understand. You could buy his book for the OCAJP 8 preparation.
This book also very recently released, so not available in all the countries. You can buy this book from Amazon Website.
3. Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-808 eBook by Jeanne Boyarsky, Scott Selikoff
This book is available only in the eBook format. There are good reviews about the book. Jeanne Boyarsky is very active member in the JavaRanch forum and she has excellent knowledge on the certification concepts. You can buy her book for the preparation. But, this book is not available as the print copy.
You can buy this book from Amazon Website.
4. OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide (Exam 1Z0-808) (Oracle Press) by Edward Finegan, Robert Liguori
We don’t have enough review for the last book from Oracle press. It is relatively new author for the certification materials.
You can buy this book from Amazon Website.
The above books are the only books available in the market for the OCAJP 8 preparation. In the above books, it is recommended to read the Mala Gupta and Khalid Mughal books as they have the extensive experience on writing the certification books.
If you have any questions, please write it to our support or call us!!.
- Top 25+ Fresher Java Interview Questions - March 9, 2023
- 25 Free Practice Questions – GCP Certified Professional Cloud Architect - December 3, 2021
- 30 Free Questions – Google Cloud Certified Digital Leader Certification Exam - November 24, 2021
- 4 Types of Google Cloud Support Options for You - November 23, 2021
- APACHE STORM (2.2.0) – A Complete Guide - November 22, 2021
- Data Mining Vs Big Data – Find out the Best Differences - November 18, 2021
- Understanding MapReduce in Hadoop – Know how to get started - November 15, 2021
- What is Data Visualization? - October 22, 2021
7 thoughts on “What are the good books for preparing OCAJP 8 exam?”
About the book “OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide (Exam 1Z0-808) (Oracle Press)” there is an updated version written by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates
Is that sufficient to read only Mala gupta’s book to pass the exam
Mala Gupta is one of the best authors for the Java certification preparation materials. Her books are one of the best books for certification preparation with simple and easy to understand the concepts.
You did not specified If it is enough to read Mala Gupta’s book for exam ?
Mala Gupta books are one of the best books for java certification preparation. You can go with that for preparation.To evaluate your certification preparation, I will recommend you to go with any Practice tests before appearing for the real exam.
I m just a beginner in java please let me know the books for starting the java or learning from basics
These are good books for beginners:
Java Programming for Beginners
Java: The Complete Reference
Programming with Java
Core Java: The Practical Guide For Beginners (In An Easy Way Book 1)