If you are planning to start your career with AWS, it’s a good decision. There are great amount of opportunities for the AWS jobs for freshers in India. These three players are the market leaders in the cloud computing:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
AWS is the most preferable career option for people from technical or software background due to their experience and knowledge about the software function. Not to be surprised, people from a non-technical background can also possess the required technical qualifications, which might be a little difficult at the initial stage. On the other hand, it can be very simple for people from a technical background.
AWS career option is most preferred for the following reasons:
- You don’t need any programming knowledge
- It is easy to learn and start implementing in the real time as it don’t involve any programming languages
- Another most important aspect is, demand for the AWS jobs in the market. It is very huge, so it’s very easy for you to get job.
- Very good salary for the AWS professionals. Specifically in India AWS developers are getting a good salary.
In this article, we are going to explain everything related to how a freshers can start a career in AWS, how much salary they can earn, what are the challenges for the freshers to get started with AWS career, what are the AWS certifications that will help them to get a good career in AWS, etc. Please read the entire article to get an idea about these subjects.
AWS Jobs for Freshers – Google Trends:
Here is the snapshot of Google Trends for the keyword “AWS Jobs for Freshers” over the period of last 10 years. It clearly shows that in the middle of the last decade has witnesses a huge interest over the AWS jobs.
If you are looking for AWS Careers in India, the top cities like Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad have good amount of job openings for the freshers. Here is an answer in Quora for the question “Is an AWS certification right for a Beginner?”
How to Start a Career as an AWS Developer Fresher?
1. Basic Understanding About Cloud Computing
If you are a fresher and an interested candidate applying for an AWS job, the foremost thing to be kept in mind is the process of learning. One should focus on learning concepts and recapitulating them whenever required. Before doing a practical analysis, the concept of cloud computing should be very clear in order to have a clear idea about the course. Another important concept that should be learned well is AWS. For freshers, it is crucial to have good knowledge about AWS technicalities.
2. Get Familiar With AWS
It won’t be wrong to say that Amazon has captured the Indian cloud computing market since 2006. Today, it is a leader in the cloud computing industry, and almost every sector is now working under AWS cloud. AWS has many benefits, which is why every domain is now adopting AWS. The first reason is that it holds value and is cost effective.
However, AWS developers need to understand the basics of cloud computing offered by AWS. But as discussed, it is not really tough as it seems.
All you need to do is visit the official Amazon website and learn interesting things. AWS has amazing content to watch out for! AWS is a pioneer in cloud venture. Among the leaders is Netflix which is totally dependent on AWS for its services. If you are looking to kick start your career as an AWS developer, it is indeed a great choice as the market is exploding with $240 billion by next year. Yes, AWS is expected to stay ahead of rivals such as Google, Microsoft, IBM etc.
If you are interested in starting your career as an AWS developer, then you should be aware about the certification programs offered by Amazon. Currently, AWS offers a foundation course, three certifications, three specialty certification programs and few professional certifications.
3. Finding The Right AWS Developer Jobs
In the earlier segments, we have talked about how one can start a career in AWS. And now we come to the AWS certification holders in the next part of this blog, which talks about the jobs available in this sector. If you are interested in pursuing a career as an AWS developer, then you should know about the employment availability too.
Firstly, if you are a professional AWS developer then you can easily get a job as a consultant. Due to its demand, you will easily find many companies that are implementing AWS software. Thus, it is very helpful to list down the companies that are using AWS so as to find better jobs.
You also need to figure out which job role is the best fit for you. Depending upon your skills and the nature of your job role, you can decide if you want to apply as an architect. System operator, It consultant, web developer or an operations manager. Indeed, it is not difficult to get a job as an AWS developer if you possess the required skills.
Nowadays, sites like Glassdoor are helping candidates in getting a better job that is more meaningful and interesting. The best part about these sites is that they can help budding aspirants in getting a job in an AWS organization as per the required skills and certifications of the aspirant. You can also search AWS jobs near me to find better opportunities.
4. Salary of AWS Developer
For an aspirant, one crucial factor is the offered salary. As an AWS developer, one can expect a six digit salary package for a technical AWS professional in this field. Not to forget, AWS developer salary is counted under top five highly paid job segments across the world. Amongst them, States have high demand for AWS professionals.
Five Categories of AWS
One most important certifications for AWS developer freshers is AWS architecting. In this course, a candidate learns to design and implement Amazon web services. If a candidate is interested in joining AWS then this course can be a good pick initially.
Best Performing AWS Free Tests
|Sl No||Certification||Questions||Rating||Link to the Test|
|1||AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner||55 Practice Questions||4.72 (29235)||Try Now|
|2||AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate||20 Practice Questions||4.72 (93418)||Try Now|
|3||AWS Certified Developer Associate||25 Practice Questions||4.67 (29669)||Try Now|
|4||AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate||20 Practice Questions||4.69 (17143)||Try Now|
|5||AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional||15 Practice Questions||4.71 (20740)||Try Now|
|6||AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional||15 Practice Questions||4.56 (10809)||Try Now|
|7||AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.41 (3894)||Try Now|
|8||AWS Certified Security - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.49 (8650)||Try Now|
|9||AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.58 (972)||Try Now|
|10||AWS Certified Machine Learning - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.81 (3157)||Try Now|
|11||AWS Certified Database - Specialty||15 Practice Questions||4.67 (1005)||Try Now|
|12||AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty||20 Practice Questions||4.55 (2000)||Try Now|
If you are an aspiring ASW developer, then you must know about this. AWS Developing apps are meant for those, who develop these apps and maintain it. There are two categories under this, one is of a beginner’s level and the other is a certification.
This Certification course is essential while understanding the roles as an AWS developer in a practical way. This certification gives the aspirant a deeper knowledge about optimization and management of work. AWS Operations is for you if you have interest in system operations.
AWS Cloud explains the responsibility of an AWS developer in a deeper manner, as it is a beginner level certification program. Its core aspect is to impart knowledge of AWS cloud. It is also related to security aspects.
AWS speciality deals with a specific domain which is concerned with a specific technology. Moreover, its aim is to get the knack of one particular network. It is also related to security and Big Data.
Remember, that each of these certifications are very crucial. It makes it easier for the candidate to clear each test with MCQs. Apparently, for the beginners the exam charges are $100, and the exam lasts for around 90 minutes. The other tests are of 2 hours and are charged around $150. And, the practice tests cost around $20.
Coming to the speciality examinations, they are generally of 170 minutes and the charges are $300 for the exam. AWS expects that the candidate should upgrade after every level of certification. A 50% discount is offered for the certification holders who appear for the recertification tests. Candidates can choose one certification course as per their choice.
Choosing the right AWS development course as a fresher can be difficult at times, but there’s no doubt that it is one of the most prominent courses in the field of cloud computing. The discussion about the AWS courses can help you understand the right course and will be beneficial for freshers who are in search of a promising career in this competitive world.
Do not over think! It is quite normal to be stressed about future prospects, but if you are an AWS developer fresher go ahead with some basic knowledge about the AWS platform. All you need to do is learn some basic skills with a little experience and give it a try. Certification courses can add value to your portfolio as a fresher applying from AWS development.
There’s no limit to your salary once you get the knack of AWS. Polish your knowledge, add value to your skills and then you are good to go!
Check Out: Webstories for AWS jobs for Freshers
How a Fresher Can Become Solutions Architect?
The following discussion would serve as a guide for IT professionals and freshers searching for answers on how to become AWS architect. The discussion would provide introductory information about the AWS solutions architect career path and the associated certifications. Also, the discussion would focus on key skill requirements for AWS solution architect fresher candidates. Finally, the discussion would emphasize on the job description and what is the role of AWS Solution architect and average annual salary estimates of AWS solutions architects.
Let’s start with an answer to why choose an AWS Solution Architect career. If you are preparing for the AWS Solution Architect interview, it is recommended to go through top AWS Solution Architect interview questions.
Why Become an AWS Solution Architect?
Before learning about how to start a career in AWS as an architect, let us know the reasons first! At present, the cloud computing market has two prominent competitors for market share, i.e., Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
As a result, companies on the cloud adoption bandwagon consistently look for employees skilled in AWS and cloud computing. Presently, the AWS cloud platform is the backbone of many businesses in over 190 countries. So, the number of job listings for AWS certified candidates has constantly been increasing over the years.
The promising trends in salaries for AWS solution architect fresher professionals also drive the interest of many candidates. If you aspire to land your dream job in AWS cloud, we recommend you to search for AWS jobs near me and find the right job for you.
Who is a Cloud Architect?
- The general definition of a cloud solutions architect can provide an initial clarity about the job role. The cloud computing architecture is made of the front-end platform, back-end platform, a network, and cloud-based delivery.
- The cloud solutions architect translates the technical requirements of a project into an architecture and design ideal for the final product. AWS Solution architect roles are for reducing the gap between complex problems and solutions.
- An AWS Solutions architect has the necessary skills and training for evaluating organization requirements for making recommendations on architecture for implementing and deploying applications on AWS.
- AWS solutions architects also display commitment and promising fluency in AWS knowledge. Furthermore, AWS solutions architects also have a clear impression of the architecture of application and servers using the AWS platform.
Basic Skills for an AWS Solutions Architect
The most crucial aspect of responses on how to become AWS architect refers to basic skills. The awareness of the basic skills needed for an AWS solutions architect can help candidates address their job roles and responsibilities effectively. Here are the basic skills of an AWS solutions architect.
- Fluency in at least one operating system such as Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu, or Unix. The recommended operating system experience for aspiring AWS solution architect fresher candidates is Linux (Ubuntu or Red Hat). On the other hand, prior experience as a solutions architect or administrator in any of the operating systems is also promising.
- General understanding of specific programming or scripting languages.
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking concepts such as IP addresses, DNS, TCP/IP, and HTTP.
- High-level knowledge about key security concepts such as firewalls.
Role-specific Skills for AWS Solutions Architect
An individual should also focus on the job-specific skills for an AWS solutions architect. These skills are essential for addressing the requirements of various AWS solution architect roles.
- Communicating with sales and customers is an important part of the job of an AWS solution architect fresher. Therefore, interpersonal skills are very crucial for the job of an AWS solutions architect.
- The major share of responsibilities of an AWS solutions architect deal with solving problems for addressing customer needs and business objectives.
- Candidates eager about how to start a career in AWS as an architect should also have adaptability skills. AWS solution architects have to face varied tasks such as writing scripts, troubleshooting, or working on migrations. Therefore, adaptability is a crucial role-specific skill requirement for AWS solution architects.
- The diversity of tasks thrown at an AWS solution architect every day implies the need for time management. Therefore, aspiring candidates for the AWS solution architect job role should have time management skills such as day-planning and task prioritization.
- The final yet most important role-specific skill for an AWS solution architect fresher is to stay updated with constant improvements in AWS. Therefore, proactive learning and research is also a vital skill requirement for AWS solution architects.
Certifications Needed for an AWS Solutions Architect
We have covered the basic info on AWS solution architects and the specific skills needed to become one. Now, let us find out the certifications that can help you kickstart your career. You can find two noticeable certifications for starting a career as an AWS solutions architect.
The first certification, i.e., AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate, is ideal for freshers. After clearing this certification, candidates can choose to pursue the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification exam. Let us find out the basic details about these two certification exams in the career path for AWS solution architects.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate certification is the go-to option for AWS Solution architect fresher candidates without any doubt! The certification requires one or more years of experience in designing distributed AWS systems with higher availability, scalability, and cost-efficiency. The certification exam is available in four different languages, such as English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
The duration of the certification exam would be 130 minutes, i.e., 2 hours and 10 minutes. Candidates have to appear for the certification exam at a testing center of their choice. The exam would include multiple-choice questions, and the registration fee for the exam is USD 150. The AWS associate solutions architect certification exam tests the following abilities of candidates.
- Productive demonstration of knowledge about architecture and deployment of secure and robust applications using AWS technologies
- Defining solutions based on customer requirements by leveraging architectural design principles
- Provision of guidance to organizations for the implementation of a project on the ground of best practices throughout the project lifecycle
AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional
As an AWS Solution Architect fresher, the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification is the best option for you! However, the next level in your career path is possible through the AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional exam. You can go for this certification after serving for two or more years as an AWS Solution architect.
The certification exam is available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese languages. The duration of the exam is around 170 minutes, i.e., 2 hours and 50 minutes. The registration fee for the exam is USD 300. Candidates have to appear for the certification exam at a testing center of their choice. The format of questions would be multiple choice and multiple answer questions. The certification exam tests the following abilities of candidates.
- Design and deployment of dynamically scalable, fault-tolerant, reliable, and highly available applications on AWS applications.
- Selection of appropriate AWS services for designing and deploying applications.
- Migration of complex and multi-tier applications on AWS.
- Implementation of cost-control strategies.
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on the AWS platform.
Job Description of the AWS Solutions Architect Role
Now, let us take the focus of our discussion on what is the role of AWS solution architect. An outline of the AWS solution architect responsibilities and roles can help in getting AWS Solution Architect jobs for freshers. The primary entrants among AWS solution architect responsibilities include the following.
- Identifying the right technology solutions for existing business problems.
- Describing characteristics, structure, behavior and other software terminologies to project stakeholders.
- Defining the features, requirements, and phases in the solution.
- Providing specifications for defining, management and delivery of the solution.
These basic responsibilities for the basis of the following AWS Solution architect roles and responsibilities.
- Performing architectural evaluation and analysis as well as the design of enterprise-wide systems.
- Promoting the right design best practices and design tools such as IBM Rational.
- Development, enhancements, and maintenance of established processes of service design for perfect and robust design.
- Collaboration with a high-performance solution architect team to support the development of the enterprise-oriented project.
- Accountability for current practices and suggestions.
- Ensuring sustainability of configuration management.
- Recognizing customer requirements, analysis of alternatives and product recommendations related to platform, software and the network configurations.
AWS Solution Architect Salary
One can find a number of AWS Solution Architect jobs for fresher role. Also, the candidates may get a good salary even as a fresher at the AWS Solution Architect role. According to the 2019 IT Skills and Salary Survey, estimates suggest that an AWS certified solutions architect can fetch an average annual salary of $130,883 in the United States and Canada. One can even get more salary with experience, advanced skills, and getting the associate-level and professional-level certification.
Which AWS Certification is Best For Freshers?
If you are just starting your career, then we strongly recommend you to prepare for the AWS certification and pass it in the first attempt. However, most of the freshers are little confused on which certification is most suitable for the freshers.
In the current scenario, there are many freshers who has completed more than 5 AWS certifications before getting their first job. This gives a clear idea that freshers can pass AWS certifications without getting a job.
The following certifications are most suitable for a fresher:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (This is the most fundamental certification in AWS. Start with this exam to get an overview of what is cloud computing and what is AWS)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (This is one of the most demanded and high paying certification in the cloud computing industry)
On a concluding note, the career option for an AWS Solution Architect fresher is very straightforward. You have an associate-level certification exam by AWS for fresher level entry as an AWS solution architect. Candidates also have the option of upgrading their credentials to the professional level later on in their careers.
The promising salary estimates for AWS Solutions architect also present notable opportunities for a candidate’s future in this career. In addition to the promising salary and career development options, the role of AWS solutions architect fetches high demand in the labor market.So, don’t wait anymore to become an AWS Solutions architect. Grab the opportunity, right now!
As an AWS Solution Architect Fresher, we recommend you to validate your skills with the AWS Solution Architect Associate certification exam. If you are aspired to become certified, check out our AWS Solution Architect Associate training courses and get ahead in your career!
- 7 pro tips to prepare for the AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Exam - November 14, 2022
- Preparation Guide on DVA-C01: AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam - November 8, 2022
- Preparation Guide on SK0-005: CompTIA Server+ Certification Exam - October 26, 2022
- Free Questions on Microsoft Azure AI Solution Exam AI-102 Certification - October 14, 2022
- Preparation Guide on PAS-C01: SAP on AWS Specialty Certification Exam - October 3, 2022
- How to prepare for Microsoft Information Protection Administrator SC-400 exam? - September 21, 2022
- 25 Free Question on Microsoft Power Platform Solutions Architect (PL-600) - August 28, 2022
- All you need to know about AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification - August 17, 2022