Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a formidable name in the world of cloud computing for many right reasons. In addition, AWS also presents various certification exams for aspiring technology professionals such as developers, database administrators, DevOps professionals, and others. Recently, the search for the AWS certified database specialty exam preparation guide has increased considerably after the launch of the AWS certified database specialty exam.
AWS certifications are a proven instrument for validating the cloud expertise of an individual and their in-demand skills. The various role-based certifications by AWS validate the skills of professionals in specific AWS aspects related to a particular AWS cloud job role. However, the specialty certification exams by AWS focus on a specific technical area, thereby allowing professionals to hone their skills in the specific specialization.
Enroll Now: AWS Certified Database Specialty Free Test
The following discussion would outline an AWS database specialty exam preparation guide. The primary highlights of the following discussion include the basic details of the exam and requirements for the exam. In addition, the discussion would also point out the different essential domains that you have to focus on for AWS certified database specialty exam preparation. The next important yet crucial aspect of the discussion would be the recommended best practices to prepare for AWS database specialty certification.
AWS Certified Database – Specialty Exam
The first detail in an AWS database specialty exam preparation guide refers to the basic outline of the exam. The AWS database specialty certification exam is the test for achieving an industry-standard credential from AWS. The exam is suitable for candidates who want to prove their capabilities in the wide range of AWS database services. It is the ideal certification exam for validating your skills in maximizing the impact of using database technology for driving the business transformation of an enterprise.
Most important of all, the exam enables candidates to showcase their fluency, confidence, and credibility by proving their abilities for design, recommendation, and maintenance of the best AWS database solution for a specific use case. Therefore candidates should align their AWS certified database specialty exam preparation with the abilities verified by the specialty certification exam. The exam validates the following abilities of candidates.
- Understanding and differentiating the notable features of AWS database services.
- Analysis of needs and requirements for recommendation and design of appropriate database solutions by leveraging AWS services.
Requirements for the Exam
The next crucial information for candidates in a preparation guide for AWS certified database specialty exam refers to exam prerequisites. Every exam has a certain set of prerequisites or eligibility criteria that help candidates verify whether they can appear for the exam or not. AWS certification exams don’t have any hardbound prerequisites, and candidates could appear for any certification exam of their choice. However, AWS presents the recommended knowledge and experience requirements for every certification exam.
The recommended knowledge and experience requirements help candidates evaluate the feasibility of appearing for the exam. Furthermore, candidates with the recommended knowledge and experience can have higher chances of understanding the domains in the exam better. The recommended knowledge and experience requirements you would find in AWS Certified Database Specialty DBS-C01 Exam Guide are as follows.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in database technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in working on the AWS platform.
- Experience and capabilities in working with AWS Cloud-based or on-premises databases (both relational and non-relational).
Details About the Exam
One of the most critical aspects of a candidate’s AWS certified database specialty exam preparation is their awareness about the exam’s basic details. The basic details refer to the format of the exam, duration of the exam, registration fees, and other important information. Knowledge about the exam in advance helps candidates improve their acquaintance with the exam before actually appearing for it.
- Candidates have to appear for this specialty exam at a testing center scheduled during the registration process.
- The AWS certified database specialty exam would follow a multiple-choice, multiple-answer format.
- The total duration of the AWS certified database specialty exam would be 180 minutes i.e., almost 3 hours.
- The registration fee for the exam is $300 USD.
- The exam will be available in four languages, such as English, Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
For now, AWS has made some changes in their exam-taking policies and made the certifications online. Yes, now you can take your AWS exam online!
Domains Covered in the Exam
The next point of attention for candidates in their AWS certified database specialty exam preparation is the exam guide. The exam guide is available for candidates on the official page of the AWS database specialty certification exam. The exam guide is a valuable tool for candidates to support their preparations with knowledge of exact topics to study. Furthermore, the exam guide for the AWS database specialty certification exam could also show the weighting of individual domains. The AWS Certified Database Specialty DBS-C01 Exam Guide contains the following domains.
- Workload-centric database design.
- Deployment and migration.
- Management and operations.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Database security.
Candidates can improve their preparation guide for AWS certified database specialty exam by reflecting closely on the exam guide. The detailed overview of the exam guide can help candidates find the weighting of individual domains alongside subtopics covered in the domains.
Let us find out what candidates can expect from each domain in the AWS certified database specialty exam.
Domain 1: Workload-centric Database Design
The first important domain for AWS certified database specialty exam preparation deals with workload-specific database design. This domain accounts for almost 26% of the total questions in the certification exam. The subtopics covered in this domain include the following.
- Selection of appropriate database services for particular types of data and workloads.
- Selection of strategies for disaster recovery and higher availability.
- Designing database solutions for scalability, performance, and compliance.
- Comparison of the costs of database solutions.
Domain 2: Deployment and Migration
The second domain of the AWS database specialty exam deals with deployment and migration. It accounts for almost 20% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows.
- Automation of database solution deployments.
- Selection of strategies for data preparation and migration.
- Execution and validation of data migration.
Domain 3: Management and Operations
The third important domain for AWS certified database specialty exam preparation deals with management and operations. This domain accounts for almost 18% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain include the following.
- Determining maintenance tasks and processes.
- Selection of strategies for backup and restore.
- Management of the operational environment of a database solution.
Domain 4: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
The next crucial domain in the AWS certified database specialty exam deals with monitoring and troubleshooting. This domain accounts for almost 18% of the total questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows.
- Selection of strategies for monitoring and alerting.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of common database issues.
- Optimization of database performance.
Domain 5: Database Security
The final domain in the AWS certified database specialty exam deals with database security. This domain is accountable for almost 18% of the questions in the exam. Candidates can find the following subtopics in this domain.
- Encryption of data at rest and in transit.
- Evaluation of auditing solutions.
- Determining suitable mechanisms for access control and authentication.
- Recognition of potential security vulnerabilities in the database solutions.
Detailed observation of the exam guide can improve a candidate’s AWS certified database specialty exam preparation. Candidates should check the official certification page for AWS certified database specialty exam for any new updates in the exam guide. Most important of all, candidates can focus their preparations on the topics pointed in each domain.
Getting ready for the AWS Database interview? Go through these top AWS Database interview questions and get ready to ace the interview.
Steps for the AWS Certified Database Specialty Exam Preparation
After obtaining information regarding the basic details and domains covered in the exam, it is important to know how to prepare for the AWS database specialty exam. Candidates need information about the best practices to prepare for the AWS database specialty exam. Here are some of the promising steps that can help candidates ensure the ideal preparations for the AWS database specialty exam.
The Official Website is Your First Stop
The foremost action that every candidate should take is to visit the official website of AWS. Candidates can find the official page for the AWS database specialty exam in the “Specialty Certifications” section. The official AWS database specialty certification page is the perfect platform to find reliable information regarding the exam. Most important of all, the official page is the trusted source for checking any new updates for the exam. Following the official page regularly can help you catch up on any new modifications for the exam, thereby improving preparations.
Use the Exam Guide and Sample Questions to Your Advantage
There is no doubt regarding the role of the exam guide in your AWS certified database specialty exam preparation. Candidates don’t have to spend a penny or go through untimely trouble for accessing the exam guide. The official page of the AWS database specialty certification provides direct download links for the exam guide and sample questions.
The AWS database specialty exam guide is the simplest tool for planning your preparations for the exam. How? Establish the total duration of preparation and map different intervals in your preparation schedule for each domain. As a result, you can ensure that you don’t miss any crucial topic while completing your preparation on time. The sample questions can help candidates understand the type of questions they would get in the actual exam. So, a review of the exam guide and sample questions can help candidates find the difficulty level of the exam.
Explore the Importance of Training
The next recommended step and probably a mandatory requirement for AWS certified database specialty exam preparation is training. Training gives a specific direction to your studies for the AWS database specialty exam. Online certification training course providers such as Whizlabs can be reliable sources to find training courses for the AWS database specialty exam. However, candidates can opt for the AWS learning paths recommended on the official website of AWS. The learning path recommended by AWS includes the following courses.
- AWS Database Offerings.
- Planning and Design of Databases on AWS.
- Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Database- Specialty.
Candidates could also explore the full AWS database learning path for adding extra advantage to their preparations.
Enroll Now: Database Migration to AWS Masterclass Course
Rely on Whitepapers and FAQs for Comprehensive Information
Whitepapers and FAQs are two prominent support pillars for any candidate’s preparation for AWS certification exams. The exclusive opinion of the AWS team, AWS partners, and independent analysts in the whitepapers can help candidates navigate the exam topics comprehensively. AWS recommends the following whitepapers for AWS certified database specialty exam preparation.
- Configuring Amazon RDS as an Oracle PeopleSoft Database.
- Determining the IOPS Needs for Oracle Database on AWS.
- Migrating Applications Running Relational Databases to AWS.
- Best Practices for Running Oracle Database on AWS.
- Best Practices for Deploying Microsoft SQL Server on AWS.
- Migrating Oracle Database Workloads to Oracle Linux on AWS.
There are many other whitepapers that you can find on the official certification page of the AWS database specialty exam. In addition, candidates should also reflect thoroughly on the FAQs related to the following.
- Amazon Aurora.
- Amazon DocumentDB.
- Amazon DynamoDB.
- Amazon Elasticache.
- Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB).
- Amazon Neptune.
- Amazon Redshift.
- Amazon Database Migration Service.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
Practice Tests are the Most Important Tools
The final and most crucial additions to the best practices for AWS certified database specialty exam preparation are practice tests. Practice tests help candidates appear for mock exams in a simulated environment resembling the actual exam environment. Practice tests help candidates improve their confidence in taking on the real exam.
The most important contribution of practice tests to the preparation of candidates is through the evaluation of their strengths and weaknesses. The result of practice tests shows the performance of candidates in individual sections of the exam. Candidates can review the results and find the areas of weakness for working on them to ensure better preparations.
Preparing for the AWS Database Specialty certification exam? Check your preparation level with the AWS Certified Database Specialty practice tests.
Ready to Qualify the AWS Database Specialty Exam?
Now, you can go ahead and start preparing for the AWS certified database specialty exam with the above-mentioned information. The best course of action now would be to learn and try out AWS Database Specialty practice tests. In addition, you should prepare mentally before you start your preparations for the exam. Some of the other important concerns that candidates should keep in mind include a focus on proper diet, relaxation, and support mechanisms.
Your preparation for the AWS database specialty certification exam is futile if you are not healthy enough to appear for the final exam. So, it is important for candidates to maintain a healthy diet and routine for relaxing from studies for managing stress. Furthermore, candidates could also opt for support mechanisms through communities and study groups.
Take the first step right now and qualify the AWS database specialty exam with ease!
- New Microsoft Azure Certifications Path in 2022 [Updated] - November 28, 2021
- Whizlabs Premium Subscription Plans - November 18, 2021
- Chef DevOps – Automate Infrastructure – A Comprehensive Guide - October 30, 2021
- Automating Infrastructure – Chef for DevOps – Online Course Launched - October 28, 2021
- What is Power Apps? - October 25, 2021
- Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI (DA-100) Certification – Practice Test Launched - October 24, 2021
- Why Microsoft Power Platform is a Must Skill in 2021? - October 22, 2021
- Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (PL-200) Certification – Practice Test Launched - October 19, 2021