Amazon Web Services has presented Alexa Skill Builders with the golden opportunity of proving their ability and getting their hands on the Alexa Certification. The examination has been designed to certify the experienced skill developers and provide them with accreditation. So if you are aspired to become a Certified Alexa Skill Builder, this AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty exam preparation guide will help you through the way.
Furthermore, this comprehensive guide for AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder exam preparation will provide you with all the essential details that will help you prepare for Alexa Certification and pass the examination with flying colors. So, let’s start with the AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty exam details.
Alexa Certification: AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty Exam
The Alexa Certification exam is meant for passionate Alexa Skill Developers who want to be recognized and want their skill-building ability to be certified. This exam must be taken by aspirants who possess notable experience in developing, examining, publishing and authenticating Amazon Alexa Skills. Additionally, the certification will not only get the recognition but give a significant boost to their career as well.
AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty Exam Details
When you make up your mind to take the AWS certification exam, it is important The mode of the question paper will be English, and it will contain a total of 85 questions which will have a multiple-choice format. The fee for this test is just USD 300 since it is a specialty level exam. Moreover, the duration of the examination will be 2 hours 50 minutes (170 minutes). The specialty certification that you will attain after passing the Amazon Alexa Certification examination is called AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder certification.
Have a quick at the AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder certification exam information below:
AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty – Exam Information
|Certification Name||Alexa Skill Builder Specialty|
|Number of Questions||85 Questions|
|Exam Format||Multiple Choice and Multiple Answer|
|Exam Duration||170 Minutes|
|Exam Fee||300 USD|
Those who possess considerable experience in building Amazon Alexa Skills cannot afford to miss this chance at any cost as this examination can have a significant and major impact on your career as a voice designer. It can not only improve your career but open a number of doors of opportunity for you. All the hard work and efforts you put into this examination will indeed pay in the future.
AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty Eligibility Criteria
As far as the eligibility criteria are concerned, there are no specific prerequisites required as such. Nonetheless, it is imperative to be acquainted with the technicalities and have some knowledge beforehand. To be specific, according to Amazon Web Services (AWS), developers who meet the following requirements can take in the examination.
- Possess at least six months of hands-on experience in developing and designing Alexa Skills.
- Expertise in not less than one programming language.
- Successfully developed and published at least one Alexa skill.
It is essential to possess a combination of experience and skills at the same time. If you feel you have what it takes, cease thinking and take a step forward to become one of the first developers to authenticate your Alexa skill-building experience. Lastly, if you meet all these requirements and have a passion for developing Alexa Skills, get ready to certify your experience to build a triumphant career in the field of voice design.
Also Read: Top Alexa Skills You Should Try
AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty Exam Blueprint
The Alexa Certification exam will put a candidate’s knowledge and prowess to test. In other words, it will examine how proficient a candidate is at the building, issuing, licensing, and testing Amazon Alexa Skills. Experienced and skillful candidates who are well-versed with these abilities will pass the exam. Upon clearing the examination, they will be rewarded with a noble certificate which will provide them recognition and uplift their status as a certified Alexa Skill Builder. Furthermore, the Alexa Certification exam will verify and authenticate the ability of the candidates on the basis of their proficiency in the following areas.
- Creating, authenticating, examining, and regulating skills
- Giving a detailed explanation of the utility and importance of voice.
- Skill-building (architectural design)
- Formulating the experience of the user
- Adhering to Alexa and AWS security best practices while developing the skill
- Handling the Alexa developer console
- Administering operations, lifecycle, and publishing of the skill
Most importantly, the maximum weight in terms of percentage has been given to skill design. Therefore, candidates should focus more on this area and strengthen their concepts related to this aspect. If you want to check the Alexa certification exam blueprint, refer to the table below:
AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty – Exam Blueprint
% of Examination
|Domain 1: Voice-First Design Practices and Capabilities||
|Domain 2: Skill Design||
|Domain 3: Skill Architecture||
|Domain 4: Skill Development||
|Domain 5: Test, Validate, and Troubleshoot||
|Domain 6: Publishing, Operations, and Lifecycle Management||
Comprehensive Guide for AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty Exam Preparation
It can be a bit difficult to come across reliable preparation sources for the Alexa Certification exam because of its recentness. Because of the dearth of good preparation material, it is not a piece of cake to prepare for such a difficult certification exam. Now, in such a situation, only the official and legitimate resources of Amazon Web Services (AWS) can come to your rescue and assist you with your Alexa Skill Builder certification preparation.
Understand the Alexa Certification Exam
It is recommended to start your AWS Alexa Skill Builder certification preparation with a good understanding of the exam. You should go through the AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder certification exam details, blueprint, and the eligibility criteria required for the exam. Once you have gone through all the details, you will be ready to take the next step and start your exam preparation. Moreover, it can work like wonder if you have never been part of this domain before.
Online Training Courses
On-demand Alexa training courses, namely Introduction to Skill Concepts, Getting in the Voice Mindset, and Designing for Conversation have been introduced by AWS to help you with your preparation. The best part about these Alexa training courses is that they are totally free of cost. In addition to that, you can learn these courses the way you want and that too at your own pace. To give your preparation a significant boost and enhance your level of comprehension, it is highly recommended that you join AWS training courses to perform better in the Alexa Certification exam.
Alexa Skill Kit Guide and Tutorials
Amazon Web Services also offers other AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty exam preparation resources such as Alexa Skill Kit Guide, Alexa Skill Kit SDKs, and Alexa Skill Kit Tutorials to make it easier for the candidates so that they can take their most preferred pick from the available resources/study material and get started with their preparation for the examination.
AWS Documentation and Whitepaper
Besides these training courses and preparation resources, candidates can benefit and learn a lot from AWS documentation such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon EC2, and AWS Lambda. Along with that, AWS Whitepaper, namely AWS Security Best Practices can be found on the Amazon Web Services official website.
Therefore, it is advised that you make use of the official resources provided by AWS and avoid learning from unknown preparation material available on the web. With proper planning and the right amount of preparation, you can easily clear the examination with the help of training courses, documentation, and white paper provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Join Discussions and Study Groups
A good study partner always plays an important role in your exam preparation. There is no match if you could find one, if not, join the Alexa discussion forums and study groups. There you will get a chance to connect with those also preparing for the Alexa certification. In groups and forums, you can put your queries and get answers to them by the experts, certified professionals, and get the views of those who are also in the same boat. Whizlabs forum is such a place where you can get your study partner.
Practice, Practice, Practice
Practice makes perfect and it’s true. When you think you are done with your preparation via all the means, it’s the right time to check your preparation level. Taking practice tests will help you to get familiar with the exam pattern and also boost your confidence level to take the real exam. When you score good marks in the practice tests, you not only become confident about your preparation but also come across your weak areas. So, you could work on the weak areas to improve them.
Preparing for the AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty exam? Check your preparation level with the Alexa Skill Builder Specialty practice tests and get ready to pass the exam.
Tips to Get Alexa Certification on the First Go
Alexa skill that you submit to Amazon goes through a certification process to make your skill relevant. Here are the best tips to maximize your chance of being approved to become AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder on the first try itself.
- Provide at least 3 example phrases. These are an important part of your overall skill submission as the users can see these skills in the Alexa companion app. You need to model the example phrases correctly like the utterances in the sample of the interaction model. This will help you in meeting the certification requirement and will help you in developing accurate speech recognition of Alexa.
- Your skill response should provide friendly intrusion to the users when they face difficulty in understanding the functionality of your skill. Whatever dialogue you’re having with the user should always end with a question to facilitate the users in using the diverse skills. Your skills need to align with the key features of Alexa to ensure that the customers get a great experience.
- You can also increase the ways in which end users can phrase the request to use your skills.
- Your session flag should be set appropriately to indicate whether the conversation will stay close or open. Whenever a response is sent to Alexa service from your skill, it includes a flag which acts as an indicator of your conversation being open or close. If the user feels like replying according to your skill the conversation must remain open. So make sure that the session flag is indicating the parameter of the conversation.
- Your invocation name is an important parameter to define your custom skill. It’s mandatory that your invocation name works in the right way with Alexa.
Amazon Alexa, the world-famous virtual digital assistant, has captivated millions of technology enthusiasts all over the globe. It has had such a strong impact that many of its users have turned into skill developers. AWS Alexa Certification Exam is for the Alexa Skill Builders who possess considerable expertise in the field. Their skill-building ability will be recognized once they succeed in this exam and the certificate they receive will indubitably speak for itself.
However, you must take into consideration that there is not just one AWS certification but many of them. Hence, your Alexa Certification preparation should be done keeping in mind the objectives of the certification you are aiming for.
If you are really ardent about building skills and feel you have the required experience, you should follow the above guide for Alexa Skill Builder certification preparation. If you’re all ready for the exam, give our Alexa Skill Builder Specialty practice tests a try and check your preparation level.
Last but not least, with so many candidates, the competition is indeed tough, and you must strive so that your dream of being a recognized Alexa Skill Builder comes true!
- Exam tips on Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect - January 26, 2023
- Let’s begin you career in DevSecOps | An Exclusive Interview with DevSecOps Certified Expert – Andreas Horn - January 9, 2023
- 25 Free Question on AWS Certified SAP on AWS – Specialty Exam (PAS-C01) - December 19, 2022
- 7 pro tips to prepare for the AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Exam - November 14, 2022
- Preparation Guide on DVA-C01: AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam - November 8, 2022
- Preparation Guide on SK0-005: CompTIA Server+ Certification Exam - October 26, 2022
- Free Questions on Microsoft Azure AI Solution Exam AI-102 Certification - October 14, 2022
- Preparation Guide on PAS-C01: SAP on AWS Specialty Certification Exam - October 3, 2022