The right preparation path is key to pass any certification exam. If you’re determined to pass the Splunk Core Certified User exam on the first attempt, this guide will be a go-to resource for your Splunk Core Certified User exam preparation!
The exponential growth in the popularity and adoption of machine data in the recent decade is practically known everywhere. The primary reason for the growth in machine data focuses on the increasing number of machines in enterprises’ IT infrastructure and the rising implementation and adoption of IoT devices. Machine data has considerable potential for driving the efficiency, visibility, and productivity of enterprise operations.
Splunk is one of the prominent tools for understanding the value of machine data. Therefore, it is reasonable to validate the popularity of Splunk Core Certified User certification. However, candidates have limited access to detailed guides on Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation. The following discussion provides you detailed insights into helpful pointers for an effective preparation to achieve success in the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam.
Try Now: Splunk Core Certified User Free Test
Why Choose the Splunk User Certification Program?
Before emphasizing the Splunk Core Certified User preparation guide, let us reflect on Splunk’s basics and its importance. Splunk is proprietary software that provides a web-based interface for searching, monitoring, and evaluating machine-based big data. It performs different functions, such as collecting, indexing, and correlating real-time data in a container that has searchable properties.
Splunk can use the container for creating graphs, visualizations, reports, dashboards, and alerts. Apart from business and web analytics applications, Splunk also provides support for application management, compliance, and security. The importance of Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation directly relates to its diverse use cases. Some of the notable applications of Splunk are as follows,
- Analysis of system performance
- Storage and retrieval of data for later applications
- Monitoring of business metrics
- Troubleshooting any condition of failure
- Creation of dashboards for visualization and analysis of results
- Searching and investigating a specific outcome
The prominent advantages of Splunk that serve as motivations to engage in Splunk Core Certified User exam preparation are,
- Higher scalability and ease of implementation
- Efficiency for locating useful information automatically
- Intuitive interface that supports the creation and sharing of analytical reports with graphs, tables, and interactive charts
- Features for saving searches and tags for achieving a smarter system
The dominance of Splunk as data visualization and analysis tool clearly emphasizes on the need for reasonable solutions on how to prepare for Splunk User certification. The Splunk certification program is globally recognized and serves the objectives of certifying well-trained professionals in data-related roles.
The Splunk Core Certified User certification is an entry-level certification for establishing proof of fundamental capabilities for navigation and use of Splunk software. However, Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation is a very difficult task. Let us start with the basic details about the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam to start your preparation.
Splunk helps in monitoring, analyzing, search, and visualization of machine-generated data in real-time. Know more with the Splunk tutorial!
Splunk Core Certified User Certification
Splunk Core Certified User certification exam is suitable for any individual who wants to explore the functionalities of Splunk. Splunk Core Certified User showcases abilities for searching, using fields, using look-ups, creating alerts, dashboards, and basic statistical reports in Splunk Cloud or Splunk Enterprise platforms.
Candidates can prove their ability to navigate and use Splunk software with this optional certification that begins the journey of the Splunk Certified User certification track. The key points under focus in a Splunk Core Certified User preparation guide are as follows,
- Introduction to the Splunk interface
- Basic searching
- Use of fields in searches
- Transforming commands
- Creation and use of lookups
- Scheduled reports
- Use of Pivot
- Search basics
- Creation of reports and dashboards
The next important point of concern in Splunk Core Certified User exam preparation refers to exam details. Familiarity with the exam details offers a foundation ground for candidates to start their preparations. The Splunk Core Certified User certification exam contains 65 multiple-choice questions. The exam’s total duration is 60 minutes, out of which 3 minutes are allocated for review of the exam agreement.
Candidates can register for the exam at the cost of USD 125. The Splunk Core Certified User exam is available in two languages such as English and Japanese. Candidates can prefer to take the Splunk Core Certified User exam through two delivery options. The first one is the in-person certification exam at a Pearson VUE testing center.
On the other hand, candidates can also prefer to take the exam at their homes through online proctoring. Another important highlight for candidates before looking for how to prepare for Splunk User certification refers to exam prerequisites. Interestingly, there are no specific prerequisites for candidates to participate in the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam. However, Splunk recommends that candidates complete the training lectures, quizzes, and hands-on labs included in the Splunk Fundamentals 1 training course.
New to the Splunk? Learn the fundamentals of Splunk with the Splunk basics training course.
Exam Registration Process
Candidates aspiring for Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation should also identify the processes for exam registration. Candidates can register for the Splunk Core Certified User certification through the following steps,
- Users registering for the first time have to connect their Splunk account to the Pearson VUE platform
- In the next step, candidates have to provide the required contact information to Pearson VUE with complete accuracy
- Then, candidates have to wait for an ‘Authorization to Test’ email from Pearson VUE. Candidates can expect this email within two days from the date of form submission.
- Candidates should then create an account on the Pearson VUE platform.
- Candidates can schedule their exam appointment through the Pearson VUE home screen. The Pearson VUE home screen offers a complete list of exams that fall under the eligibility of the candidate.
- Click through the available verification screens and proceed towards the ‘Schedule this Exam’ option and then ‘Proceed to Schedule.’
- In the next stage, candidates should have to verify the exam appointment details followed by confirmation of contact information. Read the policies carefully and provide your consent for them.
- Candidates could then enter the valid payment information along with any applicable voucher code and then submit their order.
- Now, candidates can get a confirmation email about the success of their registration from Pearson VUE.
The Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation goals of candidates also depend considerably on knowledge of exam policies. Candidates should review the following exam policies before starting their preparations for Splunk Core Certified User certification.
Exam Retake Policy
Candidates who are not successful in the first attempt get an opportunity to take the exam again. However, candidates should wait for a week before retaking the exam. Also, candidates cannot get permission for retaking an exam that they have passed already, albeit in the case of recertification requirements. Candidates can retake the exam with a payment of USD 125.
Exam Rescheduling Policy
Candidates should note that all the Splunk certification exams scheduled by candidates are eligible for the minimum 24-hour cancellation or rescheduling policy. The failure of candidates in canceling or rescheduling the exam within the 24-hour time frame can lead to forfeiting registration fees.
Also Read: Why Big Data Analytics is Important?
Preparation Guide for Splunk Core Certified User Certification
The success of a candidate’s Splunk Core Certified User exam preparation depends considerably on proper guidance and best practices. You can ensure your success in the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam by following the recommended steps as follows,
Review the Official Exam Guide for Important Topics
Many candidates undermine the importance of exam topics in a Splunk Core Certified User study guide. Candidates should always download the official guide and observe the different topics in the outline. The official guide will also provide better insights into the subtopics in each domain of the exam.
Most importantly, candidates should obtain a clear impression of the weightage of each domain in the final exam. Here is a basic outline of the official Splunk Core Certified User exam guide with a weightage of all domains,
- Splunk basics- 5%
- Search basics- 22%
- Use of fields in searches- 20%
- Search language basics- 15%
- Use of basic transforming commands- 15%
- Creation of reports and dashboards- 12%
- Creation and use of lookups- 6%
- Creation of scheduled reports and alerts- 5%
Find Suitable Books for Your Preparation
The next critical requirement for all candidates to succeed in their Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation refers to books. It is practically impossible to prepare for a certification exam without the relevant books. Books offer not only access to comprehensive information but also a detailed explanation of different concepts covered in the certification exam.
However, it is important to rely on official Splunk documentation and credible sources for obtaining books to prepare for the Splunk Core Certified User exam.
Utilize Training Courses and Practice Tests
Splunk offers direct access to the Splunk Fundamentals 1 training course to help candidates with Splunk Core Certified User exam preparation. The training course provides in-depth coverage of all exam topics related to the Splunk Core Certified User exam. Candidates can also explore sample questions about the Splunk Core Certified User exam.
Furthermore, practice tests for the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam also provide better familiarity with the actual exam format. Candidates can also use practice tests to test the effectiveness of their preparations. As a result, candidates can hone their skills continuously before appearing for the actual exam.
Preparing for the Splunk Core Certified User exam? Check your preparation level with the Splunk Core Certified User Practice Tests.
FAQs on Exam and Registration
Candidates should also note the role of FAQs in a Splunk Core Certified User study guide. FAQs offer a direct resolution of common issues in simple terminology to avoid confusion during preparation for all candidates.
1. What is the objective of the Splunk Core Certified User exam?
The Splunk Core Certified User exam or SPLK-1001 exam is an entry-level exam for proving a candidate’s ability for navigation and use of Splunk software.
2. What are the requirements for taking the exam?
There are no prerequisites for the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam. However, candidates should support their Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation by completing the Splunk Fundamentals 1 training course on Splunk.
3. What are the important topics in the Splunk Core Certified User Certification exam?
The exam focuses on the following important topics,
- Splunk basics
- Basic searching
- Use of basic transforming commands
- Creation of scheduled reports and alerts
- Use of fields in searches
- Basics of search language
- Creation and use of lookups
- Creation of reports and dashboards
4. What are the languages available for Splunk Core Certified User exam?
The Splunk Core Certified User exam is available in English and Japanese languages presently.
5. What is the registration cost for Splunk Core Certified User exam?
The cost of registration for the Splunk Core Certified User exam is USD 125.
6. Do I need a new account to register for the exam even if I have an existing account on Pearson VUE?
Candidates registering for the Splunk Core Certified User exam would need a new account. Pearson VUE requires unique accounts for each certification program that candidates want to pursue.
7. What is the maximum time allowed for canceling or rescheduling my registration for Splunk Core Certified User certification?
The exam rescheduling policy permits a minimum of a 24-hour cancellation time frame. You will forfeit your registration fees upon failure to cancel or reschedule your registration in this period.
8. Can I retake the exam in event of failure, and what is the cost of a retake?
Candidates can retake the exam if they fail in the first attempt by paying a fee of $125. Candidates will have to wait for 7 days before retaking the exam.
9. What is the validity of the Splunk Core Certified User certification?
The Splunk Core Certified User certification is valid for 3 years.
10. How long should I wait for the results of the Splunk Core Certified User certification exam?
Candidates can get the results of Splunk Core Certified User certification immediately after submitting their responses. Candidates appearing for the exam from homes via online proctoring will receive a printout of their results from the on-site proctor.
Preparing for a Big Data interview? Don’t miss out on these top 50 Big Data interview questions that would surely help you ace the interview.
On a final note, you can conclude that Splunk Core Certified User certification preparation is easier with proper support as long as you know how there is nothing to stop you from beginning your journey with Splunk. The positive aspect for candidates, in this case, is that Splunk Core Certified User is an entry-level certification.
Furthermore, the official training course available on the Splunk website is a direct advantage for the preparation of candidates. However, if you need additional guidance and support with practicing for the exam, there are various resources you can explore. Just make sure that you choose wisely to prepare for the Splunk Core Certified User exam. Enroll in the Splunk Core Certified User practice tests and get ready for the certification exam!
- Preparation Guide for the Splunk Core Certified User Exam - December 16, 2020
- Top 25 Tableau Interview Questions for 2020 - October 15, 2020
- Best Way to Learn Java for Beginners - October 8, 2020
- 20 PostgreSQL Commands You Need to Learn - September 8, 2020
- Oracle Announces New Java OCP 11 Developer 1Z0-819 Exam - August 31, 2020