The AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification is a rigorous examination that tests your ability to design, deploy, and manage advanced networking solutions on the AWS platform.
In this article,we will take a look into the preparation tips for AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification that got a new update in July 2022 as “ANS-C01” from old ANS-C00.
Let’s dive in..
Overview of AWS Certified Advanced Networking Speciality Certification
The AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam is one of the AWS certification exams that corroborate the knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of AWS services and hybrid IT network architectures. This certification exam is not for beginners, but for the individuals who are already skilled in performing complex networking tasks with AWS.
The AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam tests the knowledge of an individual in the
- Design and implementation of AWS services and hybrid IT network architectures with the best fundamental practices
- Designing, development, and deployment of the cloud-based solutions using AWS best practices
- Designing and maintenance of the network architecture for all AWS services
- Authorizing the tools to automate AWS networking functions
- Designing and implementation of the compliance and security
- Managing, troubleshooting, and optimizing the network
To find complete AWS Certification Advanced Networking Specialty Certification Exam Guide, visit here.
AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification Exam
An AWS cloud professional who have considerable knowledge in AWS and have passed one of the Associates (or the Professional) AWS certifications, can start preparing for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam. Furthermore, have five years of involved experience architecting and implementing network solutions.
Certification Name: AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty (ANS-C01)
Exam Pattern: 65 questions either multiple choice or multiple response questions
Duration of Exam: 170 Minutes
Registration Fee: $300
Note: CIDR is one of the important terms an AWS Network Engineer should know about. CIDR offers the benefits of effective management of available IP address space and reduces the number of routing table entries. If you are still wondering what does CIDR stand for, learn more!
Step by Step Preparation Guide for AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Exam (ANS-C01)
“Good preparation leads to good results.” Thus, it becomes important to get prepared well for the exam. Now, we will cover a step by step preparation guide on how to crack AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam.
On reading this section, you will have a good knowledge about where to start and prepare from. If you will be having any query in understanding the points, feel free to put a comment below. So, let’s begin the preparation steps –
1. Get Familiar with the Exam Blueprint
In my opinion, Exam Blueprint is the good start to prepare for every IT certification. It is recommended to have a look at the official exam guide. It that will be highly helpful for you to understand the topics and subject areas covered in the AWS Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam. It also specifies the percentage weight of each objective.
Here is the Blueprint for AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam as given by AWS.
2. Sign-up for the Amazon Free Tier
Amazon Web Services offers a program, Amazon free tier to allow you use the services. You can sign up for the Amazon free tier to get free of cost subscription to all the services for 1 year. This is for the users who are new to the AWS cloud platform and want to test the services. It is very helpful for the candidates who are preparing for any of the AWS certification exams. You will have access to all the services with limited usage.
It is required to have the practical knowledge of the services. You may have some scenario-based questions in the exam to check your real-world experience level. So, sign up for the Amazon free tier and start playing with the services.
3. Go Through Official AWS Study Resources
Amazon is providing a lot of study material that is very helpful for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam. So, it is highly recommended to go through AWS certification resources first. Here is the list of guide, documentation, and resources that is very helpful –
Official Guide – The official guide for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam provides you exam information. It gives the details of certification exam like exam information, recommended skills, exam pattern, and blueprint. It means will this guide will give you an overview of what kind of exam it is.
Documentation – The AWS documentation gives you complete information about the services. You will get here enough information about the services from the basic introduction to the high-level and advanced features. There are different categories of the services so choose the required one to get the details.
Whitepapers – The AWS Whitepapers section covers a number of technical AWS whitepapers for security, architecture, and economics. The whitepapers that will help you in your preparation for the AWS Certified Advanced Network Specialty exam are –
- Overview of Amazon Web Services
- AWS Storage Services Overview
- AWS Well-Architected Framework
- An Overview of the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
- AWS Security Best Practices
- How AWS Pricing Works
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
- The Business Value of AWS: Succeeding at Twenty-First Century Business Infrastructure
Sample Questions – AWS not only helps you to get familiar with the exam pattern but also with the exam questions. For this, AWS offers you 10 sample questions to practice for the exam after you have gone through the AWS preparation resources. These are multiple choice and multiple response questions with the explained answers.
You can start your preparation with AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification Free Sample Questions offered by Whizlabs. These free questions will help you get an idea of the exam pattern of the actual exam.
4. Read the Recommended Books
So, when you have gone through all the official study resources, it is the right time to read some good AWS books. There are several books that cover the various objectives of the AWS Certified Advanced Networking certification exam. You can read one or more books that cover all the exam topics.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Official Study Guide: Specialty Exam by Sidhartha Chauhan, James Devine, Matt Lehwess, Steve Seymour, Alan Halachmi, Nick Matthews, and Steve Morad
The Official Study Guide is the one-stop solution for the coverage of AWS Certified Advanced Network Specialty exam. It is highly recommended to read the official guide while preparing for AWS networking specialty exam. You can also read this book more than one time to clear all the concepts of exam objectives.
- AWS Networking Cookbook: Powerful recipes to overcome the pain points of optimizing your Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) by Satyajit Das and Jhalak Modi
The networking cookbook is the perfect recipe to master the concepts of networking. It will help you eliminate all the complications and issues of AWS networking. This book is helpful to learn design and implementation of connected and multi-tiered AWS systems. This networking cookbook is highly recommended to learn the networking concepts on AWS platform.
- Practical AWS Networking: Build and manage complex networks using services such as Amazon VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, Direct Connect, and Amazon Route 53 by Mitesh Soni
The Practical AWS Networking is the one-step preparation guide that helps you learn everything about the AWS networking. This book provides you hands-on experience of working on AWS networks. Along with the basics of networking, this book covers AWS VPC related tasks, AWS Direct Connect, Amazon Route S3, and Elastic Load Balancing. In the end, this AWS networking book covers best security practices and troubleshooting tips for the network.
5. Watch Online Training Videos
If you are self-learner kind of person, then online training videos are good to prepare for the exam. There are a number of good online certification training providers. You can choose the best one and join the online training course for AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam. You can also find many free of cost online videos at the official AWS channel. These videos will help you clear the basic concepts of AWS networking.
6. Practice! Practice! Practice!
Practice is very important for perfection. When you are done with all the preparation, just move to practice. Find out online practice papers for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam. You can also practice through free practice questions. It will help you check how well you are prepared for the exam. Also, you will be able to find your weak areas to improve them.
Preparing for AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam? Check your level of preparation with the Free Practice Test.
The full-length mock exams at Whizlabs will help you determine your weak areas and thus will let you know where to put more efforts to pass the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam.
Expertise Tips to Remember
The AWS Subject Matter Experts at Whizlabs who have created practice tests and training material are highly experienced in the respective domain. Here are some tips that will help you to prepare for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification Exam and thus pass the exam in single attempt. The expertise tips you need to consider while preparing for this exam are –
- Have a significant knowledge of IPV4 IP addresses, NAT gateway, and subnets.
- Configuration and diagnosis of both the Internet Gateways (IGWs) and Virtual Gateways (VGWs) in complex hybrid networks.
- Have a good understanding of the Prefix and CIDR – understand the basic process of supernetting and subnetting along with the overlapping of CIDR ranges.
- Understand the basics of VPC peering i.e. which IP addresses are reserved for VPC and VPC subnets. Also, get to know multi-account VPC architecture, VPC endpoints, VPC flow logs, VPC size for all the AWS products, min and max subnets.
- Know the basics of AWS Route tables, how to use multiple route tables for multiple subnets, configuration, and diagnosis of route tables.
- Know the basic structure of working Security Group (SG) and Network ACL (NACL).
- Basic architecture of SR-IOV and the improvement of network performance and instance in case of enhanced networking
- Learn all about Elastic Network Interfaces (ENI), working, connection, and limitations from an architectural perspective
- Understand the concept of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) deeply with basic knowledge of the functionality of IPSEC VPN
- Know the detailed architecture of Direct Connect (DX) with physical as well as the logistical process.
- Understand the setup process and configuration of public and private VIF (Virtual Interface)
- Domain Name Server (DNS) in the perspective of web type and hybrid architecture.
- A deep and keen understanding of implementing CloudFront for the improvement of network performance
- A wide knowledge of using ALBs and ELBs, use of TCP versus HTTPs, and SSL termination
- Understand the basic network requirements of Amazon workspaces such as IPs, Subnets, Identity, and Gateways
- Learn the security concept of AWS services, use of SSL certifications on EC2 instances, S3 buckets, and RDS instances
- Have a significant knowledge of Network Transfer Costs i.e. DX, S3, multi-account outgoing and incoming
- Understand the concept of routing diagnosis in large-scale hybrid environments
The aim of Whizlabs is to help the individuals in their journey of preparing and passing AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam. We deliver the best and high-quality preparation material to evolve professional career. Whizlabs content is prepared by the industry experts who have a great knowledge and passion for cloud computing. We are continuously growing our cloud expert’s community.
If you have any query or question, feel free to write here in the comment box and our subject matter experts will respond you to resolve the query.
- Updates to the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam - September 28, 2023
- MD-102 Preparation Guide : Microsoft Endpoint Administrator - September 20, 2023
- MS-102 Preparation Guide : Microsoft 365 Administrator - September 13, 2023
- Prove Your Skills As a Cybersecurity Architect - September 11, 2023
- Overview of Azure Blueprints | AZ-900 Certification - September 5, 2023
- What is Data Modeling in Power BI?: An Ultimate Guide - August 31, 2023
- What is Privileged Access Management (PAM)? - August 2, 2023
- Sap on AWS vs Sap Workloads on Azure – Which Service is Best for Use? - July 24, 2023