Are you planning to take the MS-740 exam? If it is yes, then this will be your right guide to get familiar with the exam concepts.
Getting MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification can helps in obtaining knowledge on how to use advanced Troubleshooting methods to support Troubleshoot deployments, Microsoft Teams environments, log data and analyze telemetry, and tune performance and also how to review logs and other data, and provide a solution to the identified issue.
In this guide, we’ll cover the key topics that will be covered on the exam, who should take the MS-740 certification, overview of MS-740 exam, detailed syllabus, study materials to refer to and will provide some tips on how to study effectively.
All about MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification
MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification is advanced level certification and it helps to gauge your skills and knowledge to troubleshoot the subsequent technical tasks such as Microsoft Teams voice issues, Microsoft Teams meetings and live events, federation issues, signing into Microsoft Teams, teams and channels, and files.
The roles and responsibilities of Microsoft support engineer such as:
- Troubleshoot deployments
- Tune performance
- Gather and analyze telemetry and log data
- Manage Teams environments
What are the skills you will gain from MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification?
MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification can helps the candidate to possess the following skills and knowledge on following topics:
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams voice issues: You will learn about how to troubleshoot audio and video flow issues, emergency calling issues and direct routing issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Teams meetings and live events: You can become familiar with troubleshooting the meetings and live events issues, team services, Teams client issues and messaging issues.
- Troubleshoot federation issues : This part covers how to Troubleshoot issues interoperating with Skype and Teams federation issues.
- Troubleshoot issues signing into Microsoft Teams: This section may cover information on Troubleshoot account and network issues , Troubleshoot member sign-in issues and Troubleshoot guest access issues.
- Troubleshoot teams and channels: It covers the following topics such as how to troubleshoot application and team channels.
- Troubleshoot issues with files:It might contain the information on how to troubleshoot person-to-person (P2P) private chat files issues, including access and sharing issues, file issues for private and public channels.
Who should take the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification?
The MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification can be taken by the following individuals:
Microsoft Support engineer : Microsoft created the Exam MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams to evaluate a support engineer’s abilities and certify them as Microsoft Teams support engineers. If you hold such a support position and are knowledgeable about Azure/Cloud networking, this certification immediately advances your Microsoft support engineer career.
Beginner in Microsoft Teams : You can pursue this MS-740 certification if you have sufficient experience in managing Microsoft teams and want to advance your career as a support engineer. Even if you lack experience, you may pass this exam by studying the MS-740 study materials and sample questions.
Why to take the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification?
Here are some reasons lies behind to take the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification and they are:
- By earning MS-740 certification, you become an expert in deploying Windows, managing the devices and data, configuration of the storage and connectivity, and maintenance of Windows.
- Passing the MS-740 exam can help candidates to become Microsoft certified and thus adding value to the resume.
- Getting Microsoft MS-740 certification can take candidates a step closer to top-paying jobs in leading IT companies worldwide
What will you learn from the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam?
The candidates appearing for the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam can be able to learn on following things:
- How to use advanced Troubleshooting methods to support Troubleshoot deployments, Microsoft Teams environments, log data and analyze telemetry, and tune performance
- How to review logs and other data, and provide a solution to the identified issue
- How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams voice issues
- How to troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Teams meetings and live events
- How to troubleshoot federation issues
- How to troubleshoot issues signing into Microsoft Teams
- How to troubleshoot teams and channels
- How to troubleshoot issues with files
Prerequisites of MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam
The candidate applied for the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam must have the following pre-requisites and they are:
- Candidates should have significant experience troubleshooting unified communications solutions with hands-on expertise specific to troubleshooting Microsoft Teams
- Candidates should have working knowledge of basic networking, Azure fundamentals, telephony, PowerShell, data storage technologies, APIs, app security, authentication and authorization, security and compliance information, debugging, performance tuning, and monitoring.
Exam Format for MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam
Exam Domain for MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam
The MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam covers up to six domain and they are listed below:
|Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams voice issues||15-20%|
|Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Teams meetings and live events||20–25%|
|Troubleshoot federation issues||10–15%|
|Troubleshoot issues signing into Microsoft Teams||15–20%|
|Troubleshoot teams and channels||10–15%|
|Troubleshoot issues with files||15-20%|
Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams voice issues (20–25%)
Fix audio and video flow problems
- Address problems with the audio and visual quality
- Utilize the Call Quality Dashboard to analyze call data metrics.
- Utilize network tracing tools and logs to identify the underlying source of flow difficulties.
Investigate problems with emergency calling
- Identify problems with emergency phone numbers and normalization rules
- Troubleshoot location detection failures
- Troubleshoot dynamic emergency calling
- Address dial mask problems
Fixing problems with PSTN connectivity
- Fix problems with the Session Border Controller (SBC) and Microsoft Teams Phone pairing
- Address dial plan problems
- Examine SBC logs to identify problems with Direct Routing calls.
- Troubleshoot provisioning and configuration problems with audio conferencing
- Address Calling Plan problems
Microsoft Teams meetings and live events troubleshooting (20–25%)
Resolve issues with Microsoft Teams meetings and live events
- Address scheduling problems
- Troubleshooting troubles with recording and distributing content
- Troubleshoot difficulties with reports during and after events, optimize network configuration, and address problems with joining meetings.
Microsoft Teams services troubleshooting
- Verify the audio conferencing setup Investigate difficulties with the Outlook add-in for Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshoot issues with hybrid and online call queues, as well as with the auto-attendant
- Address difficulties with the voicemail, call forwarding, transfers, and contacts aspects of Microsoft Teams Phone
Fixing Microsoft Teams client problems
- Look into crashes and startup difficulties with the Microsoft Teams client • Address performance problems
- Look at firewall, proxy, and VPN configuration issues on the network
- Troubleshoot problems with client software installation and updating, peer-to-peer (P2P) SIP call problems, and problems with enabling and configuring audio and video devices for Microsoft Teams
- Investigate notification problems
Fix federation problems (5–10%)
Fix Microsoft Teams’ external federation problems.
- Look into matters of external federation policy.
- Check the lists of approved and prohibited domains troubleshoot hybrid Skype for Business environment problems
Identify and resolve in-tenant federation problems with Microsoft Teams
- Address message delivery problems
- Troubleshooting native chat functionality problems
- Troubleshoot hybrid Skype for Business environment problems
Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams login issues (10–15%)
Identify and fix account sign-in problems
- Fix Azure Active Directory Seamless Single Sign-On (Azure AD Seamless SSO) problems
- Establish the source of a sign-in issue to see if it’s a user account or the device the user is using to try to sign in.
- To resolve client sign-in problems, gather and examine Microsoft Teams debug logs
- Identify and fix Teams Rooms System (TRS) sign-in problems
Investigate problems with guest access
- Investigate emailed invites that have not been accepted
- Troubleshoot issues with adding guest users to teams
- Troubleshoot call, message, and meeting problems for guest users.
Teams and channels that troubleshoot (10–15%)
Troubleshoot app problems
- Address problems with Microsoft Teams’ app access
- Address problems with app installation
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams app installation errors
Fixing problems with Microsoft Teams channels
- Troubleshoot replication problems, including member management, and challenges with channel email integration
- Troubleshoot channel tabs, including problems with creation and deletion.
Troubleshoot file problems (15–20%)
Identify and fix problems with peer-to-peer (P2P) private chat files
- Examine the users’ access rights
- Look into OneDrive conditional access policies-related concerns
- Fix OneDrive provisioning problems
Fixing file problems for private channels
- Check the channel’s SharePoint site’s accessibility
- Check the permissions for access to SharePoint
- Check that the SharePoint site collection link is intact
Fix file problems for regular channels
- Check the permissions for access to SharePoint
- Make that the link to the SharePoint site collection is active
- Fix missing files and file synchronization problems
Study materials to refer for MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam
To begin with, Microsoft’s Learning Path offers eight modules, providing in-depth knowledge of all the domains. The modules include:
- Introduce troubleshooting Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams Voice Issues
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams meetings live events and messaging
- Configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Teams clients and services
- Troubleshoot Federation Issues
- Troubleshoot issues signing into Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshoot Apps and Channels
- Troubleshoot file sharing
Second, practice papers will always help you step up your last-minute preparations and give the finishing touches. Utilize the practice papers and become familiar with the exam concepts and domains. We do not encourage MS-740 dumps at any cost.
Third, books serve as the best resources to get in-depth knowledge on MS-740 exam domains. The following are the books that can helps to know more about Microsoft teams and they are:
- Mastering Microsoft Teams: End User Guide to Practical Usage, Collaboration, and Governance
- Hands-On Microsoft Teams: A practical guide to enhancing enterprise collaboration with Microsoft Teams and Office 365
Fourth, you can go through the Microsoft Documentation and it contains technical specifications, conceptual articles, tutorials, guides and so on on the products, services and solutions.
Also Read on Free Questions on MS-740 Certification Exam
You can also check out with the Microsoft learning community, and you can be able to interact with experts to clarify the doubts.
Preparation tips for MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification exam
Passing the Microsoft exam is not that easy and you’ll need to know all the secrets to pass the MS-740 exam with a good score. And thus here are some tips to pass the exam:
- Examine the AZ-140 study guide thoroughly. Recognize the domains’ content areas and prerequisites as well as the exam’s objectives.
- Second, while exploring the curriculum, review the list of prerequisites once more and make a note of the abilities you need to be proficient in. Start using practical labs and resources to familiarize yourself with the prerequisites.
- Once you are confident in your knowledge of the topic, start taking practice exams. Create a SWOT analysis and make a list of your weaknesses. Retake those practice exams when you are ready, then attempt the Microsoft exam sandbox.
- If you believe you are satisfied with your performance and results, then go for the final exam.
Q: Is the MS-740 exam difficult?
A: No. it is not the toughest exam if you have enough knowledge of Microsoft team’s administration. The primary role of a Team support engineer is to troubleshoot & tune the performance of the Microsoft team’s environment.
Q: How long is MS-740 exam valid for?
A: Generally, Microsoft exams expire two (2) years from the day you receive the certification. To prevent MS-740 certification from expiring, you must renew the certification before the certification expiration date.
Q: What kind of jobs are available for MS-740 Certified Candidates?
A: MS-740 is a role-based certification exam, you can look for jobs such as Microsoft support engineer, technical support executives, Teams support engineer, etc,. This certification aims to identify the potential candidates who have the ability to troubleshoot the Microsoft teams related issues.
Q: Is it worth getting Microsoft Teams certification?
A: Ninety-five percent of IT decision-makers believe that getting Microsoft certification can add value to an organization. Employees will be more productive in their roles, teams can drive more innovation, and also the recruiting and hiring process becomes simplified.
Q: What is MS-740 exam all about?
A: This exam helps to assess your ability to troubleshoot the following technical tasks: Microsoft Teams voice issues, Microsoft Teams meetings and live events, federation issues, signing into Microsoft Teams, teams and channels and files.
Hope this blog envelopes everything that is required to clear the MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams certification exam. To pass the MS-740 exam in the first attempt itself, you must keep relying on study materials. While selecting study materials, one might get confused on picking the right sources.
To resolve this kind of issue, Whizlabs comes up with streamlined study material such as practice tests. If you keep on trying practice tests, you can pass the MS-740 easily by getting familiar with the concepts.
If you have any queries or doubts, please feel free to comment us !
- 7 Steps For Implementing Zero Trust Architecture - June 6, 2023
- Free Certified Business Analysis Professional(CBAP) Exam Questions - May 30, 2023
- Top Java interview questions for 5 years experience - May 25, 2023
- Top AWS Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers - May 24, 2023
- Exam tips on Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification - May 21, 2023
- Free DP-100 Exam Questions: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure - May 11, 2023
- How to optimize organization usage of Microsoft Teams through analytics and reporting - April 27, 2023
- How to Become an AWS Solutions Architect? - April 24, 2023