Are you looking to take your networking skills to the next level? If so, you may want to consider becoming certified in AWS Advanced Networking Specialty (ANS-C01). This certification is designed for IT professionals those who have experience with designing and implementing AWS networking solutions.
In fact, according to a recent report from Global Knowledge, AWS certifications are among the most popular in the cloud world.
To earn the AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty certification (ANS-C01), you must first pass the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam. This cloud practitioner exam covers the basic concepts of AWS cloud computing. Once you have passed the Cloud Practitioner exam, you can move on to the Advanced Networking – Specialty exam.
In this blog post, we will provide you with a detailed preparation guide about exam overview, syllabus, study materials and tips to help you pass in the AWS Advanced Networking Specialty exam.
What is AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification?
AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification (ANS-C01) is a professional-level certification that validates your knowledge and skills in designing, developing, and deploying AWS networking solutions, such as AWS Direct Connect, Amazon Route 53, and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
To earn this certification, you must pass an exam that covers a wide range of topics related to AWS networking and hybrid IT network architecture. This AWS certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification course covers the most important topics, including:
VPCs and Subnets: You should know how to create and configure VPCs and subnets, and understand the difference between public and private subnets.
Route Tables: You should know how to create and configure route tables, and understand how route tables are used to control traffic flow in a VPC.
Security Groups: You should have known to create and configure security groups, and understand how they can be used to control access to your AWS resources.
Amazon Elastic Load Balancing (ELB): You may know how to create and configure ELBs, and understand how they can be used to load balance traffic between your EC2 instances.
Amazon Route 53: You should know how to create and configure Route 53 DNS records, and understand how Route 53 can be used to route traffic to your AWS
What will you learn from the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification?
AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty is a much-coveted certification that can help you take your career to the next level. So, what can you expect to learn from this certification?
This AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam covers a wide range of topics, here are some key takeaways:
- You will deepen your understanding of AWS networking features and capabilities, so you can design well-architected networking frameworks for your workloads in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- You will learn how to design, deploy, and troubleshoot complex networking architecture and and interconnectivity options on AWS.(Ex: virtual private LAN service (VPLS))
- You will gain hands-on experience with AWS networking technologies.
- You will be able to show employers that you have the skills and knowledge to build advanced networking nuances on AWS and how it relate to the integration of AWS services.
- You can connect on-premises data centers to Amazon VPC by AWS Direct Connect, AWS VPN
- Maintain & operate hybrid and cloud-based network architecture for all AWS services
- Manage, design and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Leverage automation on network to accelerate workload deployments and migration of apps
- Incorporate application networking requirements on individual that use different AWS services into the overall network design
- Best practices on network troubleshooting and network security
- Knowledge of sub-netting (IPv4 & IPv6), Nat gateway and CIDR
- Basic knowledge of Concepts of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and the functionality of IPSEC VPN
- A wide knowledge of using ELBs and ALBs , uses of TCP versus HTTPs, and termination of SSL
Learn our Beginner’s Guide on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
Who should take the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification?
This AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam would be a relevant if you are a:
- Data Engineers
- Cloud Professional
- Solution Architects
- DevOps Engineer
- Network Engineers
- Infrastructure engineers
This certification will help you land a high-paying job in the cloud computing field. According to Payscale.com, the average yearly salary for an AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialist is $116,000. This figure can vary depending on experience, location, and other factors, but it’s a good starting point to give you an idea of what you can expect to earn with this certification.
What Skills do you gain from the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification?
Taking the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification can help you gain the skills you need to be a successful cloud networking professional. The certification covers a broad range of topics, including routing, switching, and security.
There are many benefits to gaining this ANS-C01 certification, but one of the most important is the skills you will develop. By preparing for and passing the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification exam, you will hone your skills in areas like:
- Designing content distribution solution by inbound & outbound traffic from internet
- Learn about the different ways you can use Route 53 with your hybrid or AWS architecture.
- Discover how Route 53 can be used for global traffic management.
- Find out how to create and manage domain registrations and DNS records with Route
Exam Format of AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty
Assuming you are referring to the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification exam, the format of the exam is as follows:
The questions on the exam are designed to test your knowledge of AWS networking concepts and your ability to apply that knowledge to real-world scenarios.
The exam is divided into two sections:
- Multiple-choice section
- Lab section
In the multiple-choice section, you will be asked questions about networking concepts and AWS services. You will need to know how to configure and troubleshoot networking issues, as well as understand the features and capabilities of AWS services.
In the lab section, you will be asked to complete tasks using AWS services. You will need to know how to use AWS services to create and configure networks, as well as troubleshoot and debug networking issues.
This certification is valid for three years from the date you pass the exam.
Prerequisites of the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification?
To earn the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification, candidates must have two or more years of experience in designing and implementing network solutions on AWS in large-scale, and must pass an examination of AWS Certified Cloud practitioner.
There is no specific coursework required for the certification, but candidates should have a solid understanding of:
- AWS networking nuances and how it would relate to the integration of AWS services
- Best practices on AWS Security
- AWS compute and storage options and their fundamental consistency models
|Network Management & Operation||20%|
|Network Security, Compliance & Governance||24%|
Networking Design (30%)
- Designing a solution that incorporates edge network services to optimize user performance and traffic management for global architectures.
- Designing DNS solutions that meet public, private, and hybrid requirements.
- Designing solutions that integrate load balancing to meet high availability, scalability, and security requirements.
- Define logging and monitoring requirements across AWS and hybrid networks
- Routing strategy design and connectivity architecture between on-premises networks and the AWS Cloud.
- Design a routing strategy and connectivity architecture that include multiple AWS accounts, AWS Regions, and VPCs to support different connectivity patterns.
Network Implementation (26%)
- Implementation of routing and connectivity between on-premises networks and the AWS Cloud.
- Implementing routing and connectivity across multiple AWS accounts, Regions, and VPCs to support different connectivity patterns.
- Implementation of complex hybrid and multi-account DNS architectures.
- Configuring and Automating network infrastructure.
Network Management & Operation (20%)
- Maintain routing and connectivity on AWS and hybrid networks.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic to troubleshoot and optimize connectivity patterns.
- Optimizing AWS networks for performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness
Network Security, Compliance & Governance (24%)
- Maintaining & implementing network features to meet security and compliance needs and requirements.
- Validate and audit security by using network monitoring and logging services.
- Maintaining and implementing confidentiality of data and communications of the network.
Study materials to refer for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam?
If you are looking to get certified in AWS Advanced Networking, you’ll need to study up on your networking knowledge. But where do you start? There are a few different study materials you can use to help you prepare for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Certification.
Try our: Free Questions on AWS Advanced Networking Specialty certification
The first is the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Official Study Guide. This guide covers all the topics you will need to know for the exam, and includes practice questions to help you test your knowledge.
If you want a more hands-on approach, you can also take the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty Course where you can learn step by step procedures of AWS networking path to build your technical skills. This course will walk you through all the topics you need to know, and provide you with labs to practice your skills.
You also can prepare for the ANS-C01 exam with AWS Skill Builder subscription and access practice test and full-length official practice exams.
Preparation tips for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exam:
- Understand the exam content of ANS-C01. Review the exam content outline and make sure you understand what topics will be covered on the exam.
- Study the AWS documentation. The AWS documentation is a great resource for studying for the exam. Make sure you understand the concepts covered in the documentation.
- Take ANS-C01 practice exams. There are several practice exams available online. Taking these exams will help you gauge your understanding of the material and identify any areas where you need further study.
- Get hands-on experience. The best way to prepare for the exam is to get hands-on experience with the AWS platform. Try out the various features and services offered by AWS.
- Stay up to date on AWS news and releases. AWS regularly releases new features and services. Keep up with the latest AWS news so you can be sure you are studying the most up-to-date information.
By following these tips, you can be confident you will be prepared for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty exam.
If you are looking to become an AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialist, you might be wondering what sorts of questions you will need to know the answers to. Here comes some Frequently Asked Questions that can help you prepare for the exam:
- What is the main difference between Amazon VPC and a traditional network?
Amazon VPC allows you to create a virtual private network in the cloud, while a traditional network typically refers to the on-premises network that your company uses. With Amazon VPC, you can define subnets, route tables, network gateways, and security settings.
- How can you extend an on-premises network to Amazon VPC?
One way to extend an on-premises network to Amazon VPC is to use an Amazon VPN Gateway. With an Amazon VPN Gateway, you can connect your on-premises network to your Amazon VPC network using an IPsec VPN tunnel.
- What are some of the benefits of using Amazon VPC?
Some benefits of using Amazon VPC include being able to define granular security policies, better control over traffic between your on-premises network and Amazon VPC, and the ability to use Amazon VPC as an extension of your on-premises network.
- Is AWS Certification in demand?
Yes, AWS certification is in demand. In fact, it’s one of the most popular cloud certification programs available today. AWS certifications are well-regarded by employers and can help you land a great job in the cloud computing field.
When it comes to Amazon Web Services (AWS) at the specialty level, the AWS Advanced Networking Specialty certification is the only option. Hope this article provides a preparation guide steps in detailed way that may help you take the next steps necessary to prepare for the ANS-C01 exam.
For training preparation on AWS ANS-C01 exam, we encourage you to look at entire course materials offered by Whizlabs on Advanced Networking Specialty practice tests, video course & AWS sandbox for real-time experiments including AWS hands-on-labs.
Best of luck with your preparation! If you have any queries, please feel free to reach out to us and we will be happy to help!
- How to design a strategy for securing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS? - March 21, 2023
- Best Hands-on labs to prepare for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: AZ-900 - March 6, 2023
- Preparation Guide on PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Certification Exam - February 27, 2023
- Preparation Guide on MS-740: Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Certification - February 16, 2023
- Preparation Guide on Microsoft Security Operations Analyst (SC-200) Exam - January 26, 2023
- Do Non-Coders Have a Career in Cloud Computing? - January 5, 2023
- Preparation Guide on AI-102: Designing and Implementing a Microsoft Azure AI Solution - December 28, 2022
- Preparation Guide on MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals - December 7, 2022