How are you doing with your AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam preparation? I’ve recently passed the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional exam and so I’m here with my AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional exam review.
DevOps is a radically expanding field with favorable career opportunities for cloud professionals. I have got the experience of qualifying for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam recently. Working as a cloud associate in the Whizlabs AWS Experts team, I was aspiring to take my career a notch higher.
Reading about the benefits of DevOps all around, the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam struck me as the most feasible and readily available option for developing my career further.
I have come across many candidates aspiring to qualify the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification, who have numerous doubts regarding the Amazon AWS certification. There is nothing to worry about because I have been through the same stage you are in now.
So, I want to share my experience of appearing for the AWS certification exam and qualifying the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam. I have tried my best to include all the essential information that helped me qualify the exam, in this AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional exam review.
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam Review
My role as a cloud associate in the Whizlabs AWS team had helped me fulfill these experiences and knowledge requirements. As a result, I could approach the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam with confidence regarding my abilities. Now, I would like to share my experience of taking the exam and the topics which I found important in the exam.
The total duration of the exam was 190 minutes, out of which the first 10 minutes are invested in the formal checks. The remaining 180 minutes are the actual exam hours in which you can answer the questions. The total score for the exam is 1000, and the passing score is 750. I found 75 questions in total in the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam.
I was able to achieve a score of 902 for qualifying the exam. From a personal point of view, the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification is definitely a difficult exam. Therefore, candidates require hands-on experience with the AWS platform alongside comprehensive preparation to qualify the exam.
Preparing to become an AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional? Get started with the AWS Solution Architect Professional exam training.
Abilities Tested in the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Exam
Now, let me reflect on the basic details about the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam, I found from my experience. The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional exam is a high in-demand DevOps certification. It is suitable for individuals aspiring to work in DevOps engineer roles. The exam tests the following abilities of candidates.
- Implementing and managing AWS continuous delivery systems & methodologies.
- Implementing and automation of security controls, compliance validation, and governance processes.
- Implementation of systems on the AWS platform with high availability, self-healing, and scalable attributes.
- Definition and deployment of AWS systems for monitoring, logging, and metrics.
- Design, management, and maintenance of tools for automation of operational processes.
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
I would recommend that you should appear for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam if you fulfill the following requirements.
- Experience in the development of code in one high-level programming language at the least.
- Significant experience of the creation of infrastructures with high automation.
- Understanding of operating system administration.
- Knowledge regarding modern development and operations processes & methodologies.
My Experience of Taking AWS Exam Online at Home!
First of all, I would like to begin with some good news! If you are wondering that COVID-19 can stop you from achieving your DevOps career objectives, then reconsider that thought. AWS is delivering all its certification exams online for safeguarding the safety of candidates from the COVID-19 pandemic. I was relaxed to find the facility of appearing for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam from my home.
Know about Formal Security Checks and Procedures
On the other hand, candidates should be prepared for the security checks that accompany the facility of attending AWS exams online from your home. I personally felt that the security checks are valid for ensuring the integrity of the exam environment and a credible examination process. Now, when I speak of security checks, it’s nothing like having to go through a search at the airport! I had to comply with the following instructions before sitting for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam.
- I had to upload my picture and scanned images of my ID proof from both sides.
- Also, I also uploaded images of the four sides of the room where I appeared for the exam.
You have to upload these files through the mobile verification link sent to your registered number. AWS takes security verification before the exam seriously, and I was the firsthand witness while appearing for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam.
- The exam authorities conduct a thorough evaluation of the exam environment through a video call.
- They also ask for checking your hands and wrists for any type of discrepancies that can be helpful for malpractice.
- I was also asked to show my lap for the verification. They also inquired about whether I am comfortable in the said position.
I had positioned my laptop in my lap for the exam during the verification process. The authorities asked me whether I would be in the same position for the whole duration of the exam.
Most important of all, candidates should note that the complete exam session would be recorded from the beginning till the end. I would recommend that you get a shave or wash your face because it must be visible to the exam monitoring team throughout the exam’s duration.
Important Topics You Should Prepare for the Exam
I would like to present an outline of the specific topics that helped me qualify for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam. Although the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam’s study guide provides a detailed impression of the important topics to cover for the exam, I have compiled the following topics that accounted for a major share of questions.
- You have to master skills and knowledge related to the creation of IAM policies with Lambda.
- I also found many questions on the migration of on-premises systems to AWS in the exam.
- Another important topic for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam refers to the use of RDS with other AWS services.
- I also encountered questions on SNS in combination with other AWS services and the auto-scaling functionalities with SNS.
- I would recommend that you gain hands-on experience in the use of the Application Load Balancer alongside Elastic Beanstalk for the exam.
- You should also emphasize on the migration of repository by leveraging Git repository and Code Commit.
- I also faced questions in the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam dealing with the use of Amazon ECR and AWS CodePipeline for triggering deployment.
- I would strictly recommend all candidates to obtain an in-depth practical understanding of using Amazon ECS with Docker containers. In addition, you must develop promising skills in implementing version control efficiently for the certification exam. I would also like to draw your attention to the need for focusing on capturing logs through expertise in using a combination of CloudWatch and S3.
How did I Prepare for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Exam?
So, what helped me address questions related to the above-mentioned topics? Obviously, the important topics I have outlined here and the ones in domains of the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam are difficult. However, I followed a trustworthy approach to prepare for the certification exam that worked out quite well for me. Here are the steps I followed to prepare for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam.
Preparing My Schedule
I started off with a comprehensive review of the exam guide available on the official certification page. This helped me know what I am going to study for the exam clearly. I was able to find the weightage of each domain of the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam. As a result, I was aware of how much time I needed to prepare for the exam.
In addition, I also gained clarity on how much of my time, I would invest in each domain. You can create your own preparation schedule according to your requirements and learning style. I divided my preparation schedule into different parts dedicated to each domain in consecutive order. This served as a reliable support in organizing and giving a specific direction to my preparations.
Whizlabs Online Training Course
The next important concern for me in my preparations was to search for a platform for the right guidance. There was no trouble for me here as I turned directly towards the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Training Course. The comprehensive coverage of all exam topics along with the facility of hands-on labs in the Whizlabs online course supported me.
I was able to learn the practical implementation of different concepts in the exam domains. As a result, I was able to address the performance-based questions in the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam with ease. If you are preparing for any other AWS certification you can register for the AWS certification training and prepare for the exam.
Whizlabs Practice Tests
I also used AWS DevOps Engineer Professional practice tests to check my preparation level. The practice tests help me familiarize myself with the exam format. In addition, I was also able to understand the nuances of time management through the practice tests that helped me considerably in the actual exam. Not only was I able to test my knowledge and skills with the practice tests, but also used them for boosting my confidence. Trust me; the results of the practice tests always motivated me to invest additional effort in my preparations.
Most important of all, I know how confusing it can be to learn about the secret ingredient to qualify the AWS DevOps Engineer certification exam. You can navigate through numerous blog posts and forums only to land up with a huge assortment of insights.
Even though the information you gain from experts and qualified professionals on blog posts and forums is effective for qualifying AWS certification test, you could face difficulties in finding out the single direction that would lead you to your goal. However, this AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional exam review intends to help you to reach the destination with flying colors.
Start Preparing for AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Exam Now
On a concluding note, I would like to ask all aspiring candidates to start preparing for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam with clear objectives. When you start with clear goals in mind, it becomes easier for you to cover the preparations effectively. In addition to the AWS certification course and practice tests at Whizlabs, I also utilized official AWS documentation for my preparations.
In my experience, preparing for the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional exam has been one of the toughest tasks. However, the outcome is more appealing enough to overshadow the challenges in preparing for the exam. So, if you want to become an AWS DevOps Engineer Professional, be ready to invest the hard work with dedication!
- How to prepare for AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Certification Exam? - May 1, 2022
- Free Questions on Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer (OCPJP 8) (1Z0 809) - April 11, 2022
- AZ-700 exam questions: Designing and Implementing Microsoft Azure Networking Solutions - March 5, 2022
- New Microsoft Azure Certifications Path in 2022 [Updated] - November 28, 2021
- Whizlabs Premium Subscription Plans - November 18, 2021
- Chef DevOps – Automate Infrastructure – A Comprehensive Guide - October 30, 2021
- Automating Infrastructure – Chef for DevOps – Online Course Launched - October 28, 2021
- What is Power Apps? - October 25, 2021