The Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is the most recognized and respected Certification. Getting a PMP Certification would help you in many ways. The PMP designation following one’s name demonstrates to employers and other stakeholders that the individual possesses a solid foundation of experience and education in project management.
It is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI), USA, which is the leading global association for the project management profession.
The PMP exam is changing and it will be effective from 31 August 2011. Separate domain for Professional & Social Responsibility has been removed. The PMBOK guide is not changing. The eligibility criteria, exam format, total no. of questions and passing score remain the same.
Domain wise distribution of PMP exam : (New)
Domain % of Questions
- Initiation 13 %
- Planning 24 %
- Executing 30 %
- Monitoring & Controlling 25 %
- Closing 8 %
Some Basic Information about PMP :
- Number of Questions : PMP Exam comprises of 200 questions. Of the 200 questions, 25 are considered pretest questions. (Pretest questions are trial questions, they do not affect the score , are randomly placed in the exam and are used in exam to effectively test the validity of future examination question.)
- Type of Question : All the questions on the PMP Exam are multiple-choice questions. Each question has 4 answer choices.
- Passing Score : 60.57 % You need to obtain atleast 60.57 % to be successful in this exam which is 106 out of 175 to be answered correctly
- Time Allowed : 240 minutes which is sufficient . You are allowed to go back to previous questions during the exam.
- What are Scrum roles and why it’s needed? - August 12, 2017
- Stakeholder Analysis – Is it required? - July 28, 2017
- Project Manager – An integrator, how? - July 28, 2017
- Different PMI Certifications – Which one to choose? - July 28, 2017
- What is the importance of Change Management in Project Management? - June 23, 2017