PMP® (Project Management Professional) Certification
Benefits of PMP® Certification
- Covers all fundamental aspects of Project Management (focuses on 5 processes and 47 knowledge areas) from exam perspective.
- Demonstrate your skills to your employer, peers & customers that you are proficient in Project management and use industry best practices.
- Enhance your salary, job opportunities and credibility by adding new credentials in your resume.
- Increase the chances of being internationally recognised
- Get officially accredited as a certified professional.
It’s good to start by taking same sample questions:
PMP® Training Options
Format Actual Exam
No. of Questions: 995
Delivery: Online, Immediate
Self Study Training
Content: 487 mins
Practice Tests: Full access
Delivery: Online, Immediate
Who should take PMP® Certification?
Getting certified should definitely be considered but not limited to people in the following roles in any Industry:
|IT Heads/Senior IT Managers||Module Leads|
|Head/GM/AGM Projects||Senior Consultants|
|Senior or Junior Project Managers||Business Heads|
|Business Practice Heads||Business Analysts|
PMP® Exam Information
- Duration of Exam : 4 Hours
- Number of Questions: 200 (Multiple Choice). Out of this 25 questions are randomly placed pretest/dummy questions.
- Passing score : PMI® don’t give percentage instead there is a grade system (Proficient, Moderate Proficient and Below Proficient) only below Proficient is Fail
- Prerequisite: The candidate must have a total 4500 hours of unique experience (in case of Bachelor’s/Equivalent University Degree) or the candidate must have a total 7500 hours (in case of High School Diploma/Equivalent Secondary School). Plus 35 hours of education by any R.E.P (Registered Education Provider of PMI®)
Exam Pattern & Objectives
|PMP® Exam Blueprint (From the Examination Content Outline)|
|Domain||Percentage of Questions|
|Monitoring and Controlling||25%|
How to Apply for PMP® Certification?
- You can apply immediately after earning 35 contact hours from any R.E.P of PMI®.
- Download the application form from the website of PMI®.
- The application submitted online is processed in 5 business days.
- You can schedule the exam at any Prometric centre immediately after receiving the PMI®
Top reasons to register for PMP® Certification?
- PMI® certifications are not based on one specific methodology hence they are flexible andadaptable.
- Easily utilize the knowledge between various industries, market segments and geographic locations.
In case any of the above reasons resonate with your thought process, we recommend that you start with taking free sample questions.
About PMP® Exam:
- An online test conducted at designated Test Centers.
- There are 200 questions (Take FREE Practice Test to experience the actual exam questions) with multiple choice 4 options with exam duration of 4 Hours
- Of the 200 questions, 25 questions are randomly placed pretest/dummy questions. Pretest questions do not affect the candidate’s score and are used to gather statistical information on their performance in order to determine whether these questions will be used on future examinations
- Certification Examination is determined by a criterion referenced approach called Modified Angoff Technique
- Instant Results after 4 Hours – Breakup of percentage marks obtained for each topic is given with overall Pass/Fail
- Candidates will have three opportunities to take and pass the examination within their one-year eligibility period. If candidates do not succeed on the third attempt, candidates will have to wait one year before being permitted to test again.
For a complete list of testing locations, please visit www.2test.com
- Candidates may reschedule or cancel exam up to no more than 48 hours before the exam date. There is a cost of US$70. Candidates cancelling an exam within 48 hours of the exam date will forfeit the exam fee
- Candidates cancelling or rescheduling an exam no later than 30 days prior to the exam date will not be charged the cancel/reschedule fee.
- Candidates requesting a refund may submit a written request to PMI® no later than 30 days prior to their exam eligibility expiration date. PMI® will retain a processing fee of US$100
- Extensions to an exam eligibility period may be granted when due to extenuating circumstances.
- Medical emergency
- Military deployment
- Death in immediate family
- Illness in immediate family
- Natural disaster
How to Prepare for Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification ?
- (Must do) Read PMBOK 5.0 at least twice and 1-2 more books for the topics that are not covered in detail in PMBOK.
- (Optional) Other than a book, you would also need to appear in reasonable number of practice tests. That will help you to assess you topic-wise preparation level and concrete your preparation on weak areas. It will also expose you to a variety of exam questions and set the right expectations. In case you want to take a look at some of the sample questions you can try PMP® Sample Practice Questions of Whizlabs
- (Optional) In case you need specialized training for key topics of the exam you can check out Training/ Webinars sessions available with Whizlabs.
- (Optional) Register in a good discussion forum to discuss preparation related queries. This will be very helpful for your study.
- (Optional) In case you are a self-learner kind of person but need a formal training you can check Online Self Study training material of Whizlabs.
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Start your preparation today by checking your current level of understanding, appear in free practice questions.
How can Whizlabs help you in your preparation?
Succeeding in the certification exam is not a rocket science rather a function of the following three key elements:
- Project Management Experience
- Understanding of Project Management Principles (PMBOK® 5th Edition)
- Exam Taking Strategy and Practice
Although there is a no substitute for the real life Project Management experience, there is a huge scope of opportunity in the other two areas – Understanding of Project Management Principles (according to latest PMBOK® 5 version) and PMP® Exam Taking Strategy & Practice. There might be several questions that might be hovering around your mind:
- How and where to begin?
- How much time (total no of days, hours/day etc) should I allocate for preparing for PMP® exam?
- Which areas should I focus on while preparing and practicing for the exam?
- Which books and trainings should I consider? etc.
To answer most of the above questions, you need to reliably assess where you currently stand regarding your preparedness for the real exam. Once you know your current level, you can choose the appropriate study aids and confidently plan to be successful in the real exam. The best way to assess your current level is to take Mock PMP® Exam Simulated on the Pattern of the Actual PMP® Exam. The software generated results of the simulated mock exam will give you clear understanding of your strengths and weaknesses in addition to helping you assess your overall preparedness for the exam.
After you have acquired the required understanding about the relevant Project Management principles, it is a matter of constant practice through the mock exams based on the pattern of the real exam.All possible efforts have been made to acknowledge any third party trademark and servicemark with applicable Whizlabs Products, however Whizlabs, its staff, its management, nor the independent Contractor Author can attest to the accuracy of that information.
The Whizlabs exam preparation was a valuable learning resource and I plan on using it again to prepare for (possible) further sun certifications
Carlos Eduardo da Cruz Cunha (Cirurgião Dentista – Implantodontista Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil)
It was small enough that each student got as much personal attention as they needed. I also like the expertise of the instructor. He was very knowledgeable about the material and he was also very patient and explained everything clearly
Viktor Orekoya (Senior Software Engineer Cambridge, United Kingdom)
Whizlabs practice tests are very resourceful
Srikanth V. (Director of Web Operations and Planning at CareTech Solutions)
I studied for nearly 3 weeks, I took the Whizlabs PMI-ACP Selft Study program. It help me a lot!!
David Canteros (Agile/Lean Coach & Trainer – Org. Change Agent. at OLX, Argentina)
Our Awesome Corporate Customers