PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification
|Today's world has become a complex mesh of projects. A PMP® (Project Management Professional) certification enables project managers to be ready to meet the complex demands of projects across the globe. PMI offers a comprehensive certification program for project practitioners of all industries and skill levels. It helps you get ahead of others and provides a technical and financial edge.
- Demonstrate to your employer, peers & customers that you are proficient in Project Management and use industry-respected best practices.
- Enhance your salary, job opportunities and credibility through this respected credential.
- To get officially accredited as a Project Manager
Getting certified should definitely be considered but not limited to people in the following roles in any Industry:
|IT Heads/Senior IT Managers
|Senior or Junior Project Managers
|Business Practice Heads
- Prerequisites: To apply for the PMP®, you need to have either:
|Minimum Education ||Project Management Experience||Project Management Training Contact Hours
|A four-year degree (bachelor's or the global equivalent)
||4,500 hours (about 3 years) of experience leading and directing projects.
||35 hours as provided by this PMP® credential certification course
|A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent)
||with 7,500 (about 5 years) hours of leading and directing projects
||35 hours as provided by the PMP® credential certification course
- Other exams/assignments required for this certification: None
- Application Process:
- Register and become a PMI member. Becoming a member fee is $139 but you save $150 on your exam fee. A non PMI member fee to take the exam is $555. The PMI member pays only $405
- Earn 35 hours (PDUs/CHCs) Mandatory Education requirement. Learn from one of our Exam Prep Courses, and earn the 35 PDUs/CHCs
- Submit your application online. It takes around a week for PMI to review and respond to your application. Once approved you can make the payment and schedule your exam (No Hurry on this part, PMI rules firsts wants you to get 35 PDUs/CHCs so you still have time)
- Schedule your exam with Prometric (you will have to make a profile at their website). You have one year and 3 chances to take the exam after your application has been approved
About PMP® Exam:
- An online test conducted at designated Test Centers.
- There are 200 questions (FREE Exam Trial) with multiple choice 4 options with exam duration of 4 Hours
- Of the 200 questions, 25 questions are randomly placed pretest/dummy questions. Pretest questions do not affect the candidate's score and are used to gather statistical information on their performance in order to determine whether these questions will be used on future examinations
- Certification Examination is determined by a criterion referenced approach called Modified Angoff Technique
- Instant Results after 4 Hours - Breakup of percentage marks obtained for each topic is given with overall Pass/Fail
- Candidates will have three opportunities to take and pass the examination within their one-year eligibility period. If candidates do not succeed on the third attempt, candidates will have to wait one year before being permitted to test again.
For a complete list of testing locations, please visit www.2test.com
- Candidates may reschedule or cancel exam up to no more than 48 hours before the exam date. There is a cost of US$70. Candidates cancelling an exam within 48 hours of the exam date will forfeit the exam fee
- Candidates cancelling or rescheduling an exam no later than 30 days prior to the exam date will not be charged the cancel/reschedule fee.
- Candidates requesting a refund may submit a written request to PMI no later than 30 days prior to their exam eligibility expiration date. PMI will retain a processing fee of US$100
- Extensions to an exam eligibility period may be granted when due to extenuating circumstances.
- Medical emergency
- Military deployment
- Death in immediate family
- Illness in immediate family
- Natural disaster
Exam Pattern & Objectives
|PMP Exam Blueprint
|From the PMP Examination Content Outline
||Percentage of Questions
|Monitoring and Controlling
Methodology of Exam preparation
Succeeding in the certification exam is not a rocket science rather a function of the following three key elements:
- Project Management Experience
- Understanding of Project Management Principles (PMBOK® 5th Edition)
- Exam Taking Strategy and Practice
Although there is a no substitute for the real life Project Management experience, there is a huge scope of opportunity in the other two areas - Understanding of Project Management Principles (according to latest PMBOK® 5 version) and PMP® Exam Taking Strategy & Practice. There might be several questions that might be hovering around your mind:
- How and where to begin?
- How much time (total no of days, hours/day etc) should I allocate for preparing for PMP® exam?
- Which areas should I focus on while preparing and practicing for the exam?
- Which books and trainings should I consider? etc.
To answer most of the above questions, you need to reliably assess where you currently stand regarding your preparedness for the real exam. Once you know your current level, you can choose the appropriate study aids and confidently plan to be successful in the real exam. The best way to assess your current level is to take Mock PMP Exam Simulated on the Pattern of the Actual PMP® Exam. The software generated results of the simulated mock exam will give you clear understanding of your strengths and weaknesses in addition to helping you assess your overall preparedness for the exam.
You can then be much more efficient in building deep understanding about Project Management Principles, Methodologies and Guidelines through PMBOK®, which is a must have guide to prepare for the exam. Depending upon your current level and the amount of time you have (or not have) to appear in the actual exam, you can choose to attend either a classroom based training/bootcamp (look for the possible options based on your location) or a Flexible, Economical and Convenient Instructor-led Online Training for the PMP® exam.
After you have acquired the required understanding about the relevant Project Management principles, it is a matter of constant practice through the mock exams based on the pattern of the real exam.All possible efforts have been made to acknowledge any third party trademark and servicemark with applicable Whizlabs Products, however Whizlabs, its staff, its management, nor the independent Contractor Author can attest to the accuracy of that information.